Post Thanks / Like

Cquartz, Sic, Essence questions

Just finished correcting and polishing our car with Essence polish. The plan is 2 coats of Cquartz followed by 1 coat of Sic.

A few questions:

1. Does Eraser "erase" what is left (primer, fillers) by Essence? I got into as many nooks and crannies as I could with various size pads, but for the spots I couldn`t quite reach I planned on spraying with Eraser. If any overspray of Eraser gets on spots that I *did* get Essence to, does it harm the "good stuff" left by Essence?

2. Recommended time between coats of CQuartz? I was planning on an hour or so (it needs to be finished tomorrow lol).

3. After the last coat of CQuartz, how long before adding Sic on top?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cquartz, Sic, Essence questions

My advise would be to read up carpro-us. Not a fan of the old school suede applicators however.

CQUARTZ UK 3.0 (30ml Kit) - Skys The Limit Car Care
    Likes chris03tl liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    My advise would be to read up carpro-us. Not a fan of the old school suede applicators however.

CQUARTZ UK 3.0 (30ml Kit) - Skys The Limit Car Care
    Thanks.

I normally use AutoFiber applicators, but I havent coated a vehicle in about 4 years (thanks to 22ple HPC). I will try the AutoFiber and the included suede to see which works out better. I feel like either way Im "losing" product, I found a long post on reddit that explained a good way to do it without losing very much product but I cant find the bookmark.

My biggest question is how soon to Sic, 1 hour between coats of CQuartz is what they recommend (and what I was planning on), not sure it applies to Sic after CQ, though.

Ill just be sparing with the Eraser, I dont want to interfere with the Essence if I can avoid it, there arent many spots I need to use it on, assuming I can blow or gently wipe off the dust that has inevitably settled on the car overnight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chris03tl View Post
    Just finished correcting and polishing our car with Essence polish. The plan is 2 coats of Cquartz followed by 1 coat of Sic.

A few questions:

1. Does Eraser "erase" what is left (primer, fillers) by Essence? I got into as many nooks and crannies as I could with various size pads, but for the spots I couldn`t quite reach I planned on spraying with Eraser. If any overspray of Eraser gets on spots that I *did* get Essence to, does it harm the "good stuff" left by Essence?
    No it does not. CarPro recommends to panel wipe even with Essence as an insurance wipe.

2. Recommended time between coats of CQuartz? I was planning on an hour or so (it needs to be finished tomorrow lol).
    1 hour. Also no need to do 2 layers of UK. 1 Layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC is fine.

J
    3. After the last coat of CQuartz, how long before adding Sic on top?
    1 hour
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did not like using essence. I had a hard time with it, may have been user error.

I had a much better experience and results with Dr. Beasley`s stuff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    No it does not. CarPro recommends to panel wipe even with Essence as an insurance wipe.

1 hour. Also no need to do 2 layers of UK. 1 Layer of UK and 1 layer of SiC is fine.

1 hour
    Thanks.

I didnt use much Eraser (oops), so we`ll see how it all ends up bonding. I was good about working the Essence in pretty well with the machine and wiping it clean with fresh towels so hopefully it doesnt cause an issue.

First time working with CarPro coatings...not bad. The Sic reminds me of the Graphene I tried (not CarPro), sweats a bit and doesnt necessarily like to come off. The weather was changing during the day so that might have been the reason (got warmer, more humid)

Post Thanks / Like

Fenylab has neat write ups about primers and even a clay lube that has ceramic something in it. The way I understand it is these primer polishes are using non organic ingredients with some type of ceramic that is filling in the pores of the paint. So that when we coat the paint it is a more uniform surface and that the valley of paint do trap any polishing oils. I like tinkering with primer have always used essence it’s really glossy. I have always done a quick wipe afterwards it’s super confusing I heard u have to wait 24 hour or if you polished and created enough heat you didn’t have to prep. But seemed risky

also tried tec choice ceramic primer cuts better but sometime cuts to much and hazes the paint

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=hawaiidude;2193709]I did not like using essence. I had a hard time with it, may have been user error.

/QUOTE]

Ive only had one coating failure ever and it was UK 3.0 AFTER using Essence. The whole car just died in 6 months, no water beading etc. I stripped everything off and reapplied UK/Gliss and it lasted almost 2 years which is about normal from my experience

Thread Information