Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Rinesless wash products. You can use it for any surface and it`s cheap.
    Ain`t that the truth.
    Just used premix Absolute clean up cat vomit off my rubber lifting mats.

For me,
    Duragloss Aquawax (one of my favorites)
    Optimum No Rinse (not ike of my favorites, but it just keeps finding it`s way onto my shelf)
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Megs wheel brighter, tuff shine, Aquawax, Feynlab rinseless, Megs m40 for interior and school concept s2 black heavy one step.

Biggest game changer I have used in last couple years is s2 black it’s hard to explain until you use it. It removes deep scratches with foam or wool but can go right to lsp on Asian black paints really a crazy product. Corey from sky raved about it and I gave it a try. I used to use 3D One. It has been a step up from one. And 3D is already great

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Megs wheel brighter, tuff shine, Aquawax, Feynlab rinseless, Megs m40 for interior and school concept s2 black heavy one step.

Biggest game changer I have used in last couple years is s2 black it’s hard to explain until you use it. It removes deep scratches with foam or wool but can go right to lsp on Asian black paints really a crazy product. Corey from sky raved about it and I gave it a try. I used to use 3D One. It has been a step up from one. And 3D is already great
    Sandro is a big fan of S2 Black too. And S20. (Car Craft auto detailing on youtube.)

I never did get my hands on any scholl`s stuff. I have so many polishes now...but they seem from everything i read another world class polishing system.

I never did get on with 3D one...it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Ain`t that the truth.
    Just used premix Absolute clean up cat vomit off my rubber lifting mats.

For me,
    Duragloss Aquawax (one of my favorites)
    Optimum No Rinse (not ike of my favorites, but it just keeps finding it`s way onto my shelf)
    Duragloss certainly comes up a lot. I did see a few sites in canada carrying their products but never the rinseless.

I would love to try it. Much like owners pride ecowash and ONR lol

I would order a bottle of opti-coat rinseless for sure too if its a decent price.

I`m a big fan of rinseless products lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Sandro is a big fan of S2 Black too. And S20. (Car Craft auto detailing on youtube.)

I never did get my hands on any scholl`s stuff. I have so many polishes now...but they seem from everything i read another world class polishing system.

I never did get on with 3D one...it works.
    Can this be used on all colors including white or is it made for black paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Can this be used on all colors including white or is it made for black paint.

For some reason Scholl occasionally tags `Black` onto their abrasives; not sure what it means but it is just their nomenclature; works for any color.

I went through a Scholls phase a few years ago...nice stuff but does the job like many other polishes/compounds. S40 was fun for a finishing polish and the S20 Black was a nice one step in many cases. Used it mostly with their Spider Pads (Honey, maroon and blue)

Their 250 gram bottles have to be one of the worst designs ever, total mess. Pricey stuff too when I was messing around with it; Sky`s the Limit is the primary U.S. vendor I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

I looked at the Scholl stuff once a long time ago, but the prices kept me away. Always wondered if the products were as good as the prices they demanded. As far as polishes go, I`d be hard pressed to move away from the Griots BOSS products right now.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I looked at the Scholl stuff once a long time ago, but the prices kept me away. Always wondered if the products were as good as the prices they demanded. As far as polishes go, I`d be hard pressed to move away from the Griots BOSS products right now.
    At the time I used it I thought it was really good, excitement of new stuff and all. In the end, like many things it boils down to personal preferences on how things work. Many polishes/compounds work very well and some folks still love things like M105 and Menzerna FG400, 3500 and such despite the introduction of new and `better` products.

When they invent a polish & compound that jumps from the bottle to the paint, scoots around all on its own and then leaps off of the paint leaving and LSP-ready finish, that will be noteworthy!
    Likes Desertnate, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    When they invent a polish & compound that jumps from the bottle to the paint, scoots around all on its own and then leaps off of the paint leaving and LSP-ready finish, that will be noteworthy!
    They did that already, but the polisher companies killed it, just like the 150 mpg carburetor and cold fusion.

Likes 981 Cayman S, Older, PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    They did that already, but the polisher companies killed it, just like the 150 mpg carburetor and cold fusion.

But…but…the Turbonator is real!!! 5-star reviews baby!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Coatings=crack, Silly Rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

But…but…the Turbonator is real!!! 5-star reviews baby!!
    Oh gawd...one of the reviews (for that or a similar one) was that it was too small diameter, like it would have worked if it had only been bigger. My faith in humanity remains unrestored. On the plus side, at least they are cheap (professional installation recommended).
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

*Deleted*

Post Thanks / Like

At the time I used it I thought it was really good, excitement of new stuff and all. In the end, like many things it boils down to personal preferences on how things work. Many polishes/compounds work very well and some folks still love things like M105 and Menzerna FG400, 3500 and such despite the introduction of new and `better` products.

What compound and polish are you liking currently?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    What compound and polish are you liking currently?

Using what we have at shop, Jescar Correcting Compound & Sonax Perfect Finish for the most part.

I do have 1/2 bottle of Scholls S3 so I must have liked that at some point and always kept a bottle of Megs D300 around as that worked well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Your favorite/can`t live without product for detailing

Can’t have just one so I’m going to list a couple in different categories.

Rinseless wash: ONR. Was and is still the king. No one touches this for everything it does. My do all kind of chemical. Can clean pretty much anything with it.

Safe APC/Degreaser: Koch Chemie Green Star. This is the safest apc that actually works. Amazing for pre-rinse or engine bay degreasing. Blend this with gsf for a stronger snow foam. Awesome juice.

AIO compound/polish: Angelwax Enigma AIO. This sh*t is the money maker. Great for one steps and contains ceramic nanoparticles.

Enzyme Cleaner: Technicians Choice Do all. This is amazing value for money product and it dilutes 1oz to 1gallon. Yes you read that right. Good for tornadors if thats your thing.

Detail spray / drying aid: technicians choice Tec582. This is the underdog. Unmatched value for money, ease of use and performance. Beadmaker doesn’t compare to this. This doesn’t attract dust like beadmaker does and actually beads water because of sio2.

Non-acid Wheel cleaners: 3D super concentrate wheel cleaner or Technicians choice brake-r. They are amazing on wheels, great for cost and work better than most products out there. And they are concentrates!

Interior APC: koch chemie Pol star. Great on everything interior except glass. Dilutes well and cleans great!

Wash Soap: carpro reset or koch chemie gsf depending on my mood and soiling level. Usually gsf for the cannon and reset for the bucket.

Tire sealant: carpro perl because its versatile as hell but for tires specifically I like their darkside since its a long lasting rubber sealant.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information