Post Thanks / Like

What ceramic combo--or others?

I have a small foot into ceramic coating lol----I need to redo my truck and was looking at the Graphene coatings but decided maybe not yet as there is not much test/info on them, I did Coat my truck with Cquartz 3.0 couple years ago and now Im thinking maybe the blackfire ceramic Pro coat with maybe the blackfire spray sealant OR Adams graphene ceramic spray every other wash for a topper, or the Cquartz 3.0 / Gliss combo!! What would you go with---or any other combo that you really trust... Alaska winters but no salt or any harsh chemicals are applied on the road---Just sand that I know of!!

Thanks for your imput!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What ceramic combo--or others?

Believe it or not, CQuartz UK 3.0 is still the top dog of consumer coatings and is easily recommended. Cquartz SiC is a newer coating that replaced their TiO2 coating for chemical and water spot resistance and gives good slickness over UK 3 if you want to add a second coat. Or I’d say UK 3.0 with Gliss would be great too.

Gyeon redid their coatings to compete more with CQuartz and they seem to get good reviews, primarily Pure Evo or Mohs Evo. Then again, CanCoat Evo is an easy and quick coating to apply and has over a year of durability in most environments, with some getting 18 months.

Then again there are a ton more coatings out there. I’m a Blackfire fan for certain things but I wasn’t impressed with their Glasspro glass coating and their coatings don’t get many reviews so I’d really suggest sticking with the more well known brands that have much more feedback.

By the way, I lived in Nome for 3 years in Junior High and graduated from high school in Fairbanks. Where are you located? I’ve been in TN for the last ~30 years.
    Likes CleanIt, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Believe it or not, CQuartz UK 3.0 is still the top dog of consumer coatings and is easily recommended. Cquartz SiC is a newer coating that replaced their TiO2 coating for chemical and water spot resistance and gives good slickness over UK 3 if you want to add a second coat. Or I’d say UK 3.0 with Gliss would be great too.

Gyeon redid their coatings to compete more with CQuartz and they seem to get good reviews, primarily Pure Evo or Mohs Evo. Then again, CanCoat Evo is an easy and quick coating to apply and has over a year of durability in most environments, with some getting 18 months.

Then again there are a ton more coatings out there. I’m a Blackfire fan for certain things but I wasn’t impressed with their Glasspro glass coating and their coatings don’t get many reviews so I’d really suggest sticking with the more well known brands that have much more feedback.

By the way, I lived in Nome for 3 years in Junior High and graduated from high school in Fairbanks. Where are you located? I’ve been in TN for the last ~30 years.
    Nice I have been living in Anchorage for 18 years--retired up here in the AF and have never looked back!! The last coating on my truck was Cquartz 3.0 but did not have gliss at the time because it was not available, seems like a great combo for sure!!! What would you top the gliss combo every other wash with as a maintenance coat?
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

So thinking out-loud with the new SIC formula would I just coat the car with a couple coats of SIC then top with GLISS x 2 as well and call it a day?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by icecoldak View Post
    So thinking out-loud with the new SIC formula would I just coat the car with a couple coats of SIC then top with GLISS x 2 as well and call it a day?
    I would suggest x2 CQuartz UK 3.0 then topped with SiC.

The UK is a great base layer and the Sic is supposed to be a replacement for the old Ti02 and is also said to be very slick.

I believe Guz has used it and has said that SiC is as slick as Gliss.

My wife`s car is sport the x2 CQUK + x1.5 of Ti02. 2 years and still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I have been living in Anchorage for 18 years--retired up here in the AF and have never looked back!! The last coating on my truck was Cquartz 3.0 but did not have gliss at the time because it was not available, seems like a great combo for sure!!! What would you top the gliss combo every other wash with as a maintenance coat?
    If in the same brand Elixir or Ech20. I would elixir every 4-6 weeks and then Ech20 as a drying aid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro does not recommend topping SiC with Gliss or Reload after the initial application.

If you want to try Blackfire Black Edition then give it a try. Sometimes taking a leap of faith is part of the process if wanting to try something new.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll second the vote for CQUK 3.0. A couple of weeks ago, I re-coated my wife`s SUV. It`s the second time that vehicle has worn that coating. The first application was at least three years ago. Maybe longer. I`ve forgotten its been so long.

I`ll experiment with different coatings on my car (got a bottle of Pure Evo waiting right now), but when I coat family member`s or friend`s vehicles, I`ll always go with CQUK 3.0. For me, it`s the safe bet I know will be easy to apply, last a long time, and looks good. The price compared to many other coatings these days makes it even more attractive.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I did my truck today---2 layers of CQUARTS 3.0 and then 1 layer SIC--Let me tell you the SIC is so easy to apply for me! Its "SIC" lol---flash time was about 8 minutes and I let it set for 10 at times, simple easy to remove no matter what! I could tell flash time when it tarted to bubble on the surface--great products!!

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure that you’ll get the best durability if you put SiC over CQUK 3.0. From what I’ve seen, I think you’ll get better performance from 2 layers of SiC or CQUK 3.0 rather than mixing. I also don’t think you need to top either, they perform great as they are.
    Good old ADHD.

Thread Information