Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Technician`s Choice Tech582

Anyone ever use this stuff? Gets very favorable reviews. Never heard of the company that makes (ECP). Friend sent me a gallon of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Technician`s Choice Tech582

What is it?

Post Thanks / Like

One of a billion Sio2 spray sealants. Never heard of this brand (ECP). They cater to large volume places.

Amazon.com: Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray (1 Gallon) : Automotive

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

It`s been talked about before. It`s a decent quick detailer on steroids.
    Likes CleanIt liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have never tried it. I used to use IGL but it was pricey. Recently I switched to the Sonax sic spray sealant and detailer. It been a good pick up. Also have nu finish graphene which is great product but streaks for me.

The tec products are certainly priced right.

Post Thanks / Like

It seems these days that there a more "fringe" car-care product manufacturers coming to the detailing forefront. You know, the companies` and manufacturers` names we have never heard of before , or new start-ups or "re-branded" companies.
    Not saying these are bad or so-so products; it`s just that we don`t hear about them in main-stream detailing or know enough about them to make a pro-or con-evaluation and judgment about their viability and if we want to spend our detailing disposable incomes on these products.
    It`s why I ask the new topic question, "Has anybody used company XYZ`s products" and what their experience and opinion of that product/those products are. I will advocate that more choices in detailing products is good for all Autopians. As stated, the "problem" is deciding if it`s "good enough" to spend your detailing dollar on.
    Like I have said in the past, if car-care companies want to better market their products and get them in front of the detailing world, GIVE them out to Autopians for free and let them try them out and then post their experiences and opinions on them. I do not see that happening much anymore. Maybe because this forum`s viewer traffic is diminishing is one reason. The other is the expense it entails.
    That said, I am always looking for the "next best thing" and I applaud and commend those Autopians who take the time and expense to buy, use (experiment), and post their detailing experiences and opinions on these newer products. We ALL benefit from that.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

It appears ECP caters to high volume places. The chemist that developed Tech582 sent samples to this guy who ended up loving it. I never heard of it before.

Is This The BEST Ceramic Coating Spray EVER Made? - YouTube
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t know Lonnie, I think the "Autopian" market for detail products was always dwarfed by the consumer/retail market on the one end, and the dealer/bodyshop/recon market on the other end, and we (Autopians) have been the red-headed step-child. Even Griot`s, long a niche marketer, decided in some ways to abandon us and dive into consumer/retail. In regard to "more choices being better" I could propose that we already have too many choices. And I don`t see any more "fringe mfrs coming to the forefront" than we always had since I joined in 2004...it was always "flavor of the month", any local/regional product that a member discovered seemingly could be had by anyone due to the magic of the internet, and would be all the rage until something else came along. I guess what I`m trying to say is in terms of market share, Autopians have never been the "main-stream of detailing". Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness rebuttal.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    One of a billion Sio2 spray sealants. Never heard of this brand (ECP). They cater to large volume places.

Amazon.com: Technicians Choice TEC582 Ceramic Detail Spray (1 Gallon) : Automotive
    When you look up the contents, it is just another product with a lot of silicone oil in it... Nothing new...
    Dan F
    Likes CleanIt, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I don`t know Lonnie, I think the "Autopian" market for detail products was always dwarfed by the consumer/retail market on the one end, and the dealer/bodyshop/recon market on the other end, and we (Autopians) have been the red-headed step-child. Even Griot`s, long a niche marketer, decided in some ways to abandon us and dive into consumer/retail. In regard to "more choices being better" I could propose that we already have too many choices. And I don`t see any more "fringe mfrs coming to the forefront" than we always had since I joined in 2004...it was always "flavor of the month", any local/regional product that a member discovered seemingly could be had by anyone due to the magic of the internet, and would be all the rage until something else came along. I guess what I`m trying to say is in terms of market share, Autopians have never been the "main-stream of detailing". Sorry for the stream-of-consciousness rebuttal.
    OK. I stand corrected.
    I will beg to differ about "new", rather than "fringe", car-care product manufacturers and companies coming to market. Ethos is good example. Or Dr. Beasley`s. You could argue McKee`s 37 for an example of a "re-branded" company or spin-off from Pinnacle and Wolfgang.. These manufacturers and companies did not exist in 2004.
    But I get your point about Autopians NOT being the "main-stream detailing market". I personally use many over-the-counter car-care detailing products, but the vast majority are, indeed, products and equipment I learned about in this forum and are ONLY available through internet resellers/distributors/dealers or factory-direct. I`d like to think of my self as a "discriminate" car-care product buyer and user, but that simple is not the case, when the truth is I am a "frugal" (AKA cheapskate, Captain Obvious!) buyer. That is more out of economic necessity being an OCD hobbyist with a "limited" detailing discretionary spending budget.

(Geeze, I wonder if Congress will forgive MY detailing-product-and-equipment loan that contributes to this US economy! I went to the University of Hard Knocks and Trial-and.-Error and majored in Applied Detailing Science and Technology. I spent many-a-long-night studying at the Autopia Forum library, prepping for the next day`s "vehicle detailing exams"! My professors were the famous "Doctor" Barry Theal and detailing product guru Ron Ketcham (AKA Grumpy) and the man-of-30,000 posts Accumulator. Our mascot was "The Rotaries". Our school motto was, "Our graduates outshine them all". And, yes, I am working in a related field to my degree! Don`t even go there....)"

ANYWAY, I do like to hear about "other" detailing products, like Technician`s Choice.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Technitions Choice also makes a spray wax that you spray on a wet car and wipe off you can also use it on a dry car. Its called Aqua Glow.When I worked for a Toyots dealer we used it on every car before delivery new and used. It lasted about 3 to 4 months and gave a hell of a shine
    Thanks CleanIt, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    OK. I stand corrected.
    I will beg to differ about "new", rather than "fringe", car-care product manufacturers and companies coming to market. Ethos is good example. Or Dr. Beasley`s. You could argue McKee`s 37 for an example of a "re-branded" company or spin-off from Pinnacle and Wolfgang.. These manufacturers and companies did not exist in 2004.
    Lonnie, I wasn`t trying to correct you, I think I was trying to say "the more things change, the more things stay the same". Which I`m realizing applies to more than detailing. And I realize the technology has changed, but the "culture" hasn`t.
    Likes Lonnie, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

This has become my go to topper. Better than Gyeon Ceramic Detailer IMO. Goes on/off extremely easy, gloss is fantastic as is slickness. I could easily fool the Esoteric guys buy putting this stuff in a Gyeon bottle and telling them it`s Gyeon. I would guarantee they would they love it. LOL
    Likes PNWSam liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

If the autogeek demographic is more than 2 or 3 percent of the detailing market, I`d be shocked.
    Likes Coatings=crack, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used it for the first time today. Really easy to use and good gloss, but I still prefer Xteme Solutions Topper as my topper of choice. This will go on customer cars. Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Likes CleanIt, tom p. liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information