Post Thanks / Like

New Opti-Seal Formulation

"Optimum is announcing the reformulation of Opti-Seal. The new formula has increased ceramic components making it closer to Hyper Seal. New Opti-Seal will have greater gloss, slickness, and durability, plus increased hydrophobic properties."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Opti-Seal Formulation

Sounds great. Maybe this will encourage me to use up my bottle of Opti-Seal that I`ve had since...2008?

Signed,

Setec Astronomy
    Former member of the Flavor-of-the-Month Club
    Autopia Member since 2004
    Likes CleanIt, Oneheadlite, Vegas1, tyusaf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What is the source of this "announcement"? I see nothing in their forum or website stating this.
    I wish they (Optimum) would post such new products and product updates/improvements/reformulations on their website, rather than in their subscriber e-mailed newsletter, or via Face Book or other social media notifications. Any way we Autopians can "influence" that request??

Any Autopians involved in beta-testing this product in the past?? Now that it has been "released", can you tell us your experience and opinion about this updated product?
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It was on the Optimum forum, Lonnie. They are frequently a bit slow updating their store pages. As I noted above, I have never used up my bottle of the original formula, too many waxes, too little time. I think this new version is V.3
    Likes CleanIt, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I`ve never used any other product that was similar to Opti Seal or Hyper Seal. They`re both unique.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    I have to say I`ve never used any other product that was similar to Opti Seal or Hyper Seal. They`re both unique.
    Hardly. Since you are new to these parts, I`ll give you a quick history of the "WOWA" (Wipe On, Walk Away) sealants. That term was coined by Anthony Orosco, who claims to be the conceptual father of Opti-Seal and Opti-Coat (a story related on Autopia by Anthony, when he was an Optimum beta-tester and trainer, that he was having dinner with Dr. G after a training day polishing paint at a GM plant, and Dr. G asked what kind of product Anthony would like to see, and he replied "a sealant that you can just wipe on and walk away, that doesn`t require any buffing off and lasts forever", or something like that).

The first WOWA sealant to hit the market was Zaino Clear Seal, in Feb. 2007 followed in the summer by Opti-Seal, and late in the year buy Ultima Paint Guard Plus. In later years there was a Blackfire WOWA, a Wolfgang WOWA, and I`m sure some others I`m forgetting. The Blackfire product seems to be gone, but here`s the Wolfgang: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal
    Likes CleanIt, Silly Rabbit liked this post
    Thanks CleanIt, Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Hardly. Since you are new to these parts, I`ll give you a quick history of the "WOWA" (Wipe On, Walk Away) sealants. That term was coined by Anthony Orosco, who claims to be the conceptual father of Opti-Seal and Opti-Coat (a story related on Autopia by Anthony, when he was an Optimum beta-tester and trainer, that he was having dinner with Dr. G after a training day polishing paint at a GM plant, and Dr. G asked what kind of product Anthony would like to see, and he replied "a sealant that you can just wipe on and walk away, that doesn`t require any buffing off and lasts forever", or something like that).

The first WOWA sealant to hit the market was Zaino Clear Seal, in Feb. 2007 followed in the summer by Opti-Seal, and late in the year buy Ultima Paint Guard Plus. In later years there was a Blackfire WOWA, a Wolfgang WOWA, and I`m sure some others I`m forgetting. The Blackfire product seems to be gone, but here`s the Wolfgang: Wolfgang Deep Gloss Liquid Seal
    Good to know, thank you. I should have said unique to me because I haven`t used anything yet that feels, looks and applies like OS or Hyper-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    Good to know, thank you. I should have said unique to me because I haven`t used anything yet that feels, looks and applies like OS or Hyper-Seal.
    There are also spray-on ceramics similar to Hyper-Seal, CarPro Reload for one. That one is kind of famous around here (lookin` at you, Ron, wherever you are).
    Likes CleanIt, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Sounds great. Maybe this will encourage me to use up my bottle of Opti-Seal that I`ve had since...2008?

Signed,

Setec Astronomy
    Former member of the Flavor-of-the-Month Club
    Autopia Member since 2004
    LOL...me as well
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Pat!

Post Thanks / Like

Sectec:
    I had to look at their specific products sub-catagory is the forum to find it, but it is there as Cleanit has copied-and-pasted verbatim in the first post.

One item that Ron@Optimum mentioned is that the new version is what the Optimum Store is selling and that a new version is not announced until the old version is gone from their inventory. I emphasize THEIR inventory, meaning Optimum`s, and NOT every other internet reseller who may still have the older Opti-Seal version in their inventory for sale. Buyer beware!

I say this because I see some car-care manufacturers are printing production or made-on dates on products along with their batch numbers or production "codes", which I think is a good thing for car-care product consumers to know when they purchase such products. I despise seeing products sold that are 8 or more years old and make you wonder about the shelf life and effectiveness of such a product.
    GB detailer
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    One item that Ron@Optimum mentioned is that the new version is what the Optimum Store is selling and that a new version is not announced until the old version is gone from their inventory. I emphasize THEIR inventory, meaning Optimum`s, and NOT every other internet reseller who may still have the older Opti-Seal version in their inventory for sale. Buyer beware!
    As a long-time Optimum observer, a couple of things, of course, you are right, they can`t control how much "old" product a distributor has on their shelves. However, they do seem to make an effort to flush the old product out of the supply chain before announcing the new version, which has apparently included shipping the new versions of products without announcing the change until later (IIRC). Also they sometimes make packaging changes to coincide with formula changes, I believe they said the the new version of Opti-Seal would come in a frosted bottle instead of the transparent bottle. I believe I mentioned in another thread about ONR that the V.3 change coincided with them changing from translucent bottles to transparent ones.

Thread Information