Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Alternatives to FK425

For many years I have been using Finish Kare 1000p topped with FK425 and to me, the the appearance can`t be beaten.....longevity, deep gloss and even coming back from driving in the rain the car looks clean at 6 feet, all thanks to Accumulator who was right as usual.

I have lots of 1000p but my FK425 supply is running low and I can`t find any distributers in Canada and the cost of shipping from the US is astronomical.

I would appreciate thoughts on a FK425 alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Alternatives to FK425

Quote Originally Posted by jdover View Post
    For many years I have been using Finish Kare 1000p topped with FK425 and to me, the the appearance can`t be beaten.....longevity, deep gloss and even coming back from driving in the rain the car looks clean at 6 feet, all thanks to Accumulator who was right as usual.

I have lots of 1000p but my FK425 supply is running low and I can`t find any distributers in Canada and the cost of shipping from the US is astronomical.

I would appreciate thoughts on a FK425 alternative.
    So glad my advice worked out OK for you!

FWIW, I`m so happy with sorta-strong mix of IUDJ that I sometimes debate not buying more FK425 should I ever run out. 100% compatible with the FK1000P and *almost* as nice despite not leaving things quite as slick.

Garry Dean is, uhm....a character...but his Infinite Use Detail Juice is another of those products that`s both surprised and pleased me, and for what it is I simply love the stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Try TW Seal and Shine or the TWGreen Ceramic spray. Both are cheaper and superior to FK425 , especially in shedding dirt. SnS is also awesome at water spot removal. Heck after a while you might find yourself asking why you put FK1000p on at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty much ANY available QD or Spray wax/sealant. Ive used 425 in the past and really loved it. Beadmaker is good but there are so many others too
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

From a sealant perspective, Sonax Polymer Net Shield with Sonax Brilliant Shine detailer as a maintenance topper is pretty bulletproof.
    Likes RPPM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your responses....I have homework to do.

Accumulator, what is your "sorta-strong mix of IUDJ" used as an alternative to FK425? IUDJ looks interesting since it has many uses. Garry Dean`s youtube videos are certainly entertaining.

Post Thanks / Like

FK425 is seriously old, outdated tech.

I used to think it was the best thing since sliced bread, but the reality is that it`s not durable, masks water behaviour. It`s anti static properties are significantly over stated and short lived. The good news is that LSPs have progressed a long long way.

CarPro Ech2o eats it for breakfast with MUCH improved self cleaning. Easy to use, similar fantastic candy like gloss, slickness and lubrication for removing light smudges and water marks. CarPro Elixir is more durable, more hydrophobic but not quite as easy to use.

Nv Boost is a hybrid betweem the two, but it`s pricey. Koch Chemie FSe is the only other QD I use occasionally, where the surface is feeling a little rough and there are light water spots to be removed.

Gyeon Ceramic Detailer is next on my list to try!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Luxury Microfiber Revive as a QD and Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax have been a pretty inexpensive and winning combo for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanGreen View Post
    Luxury Microfiber Revive as a QD and Turtle Wax Ice Spray Wax have been a pretty inexpensive and winning combo for me.
    I agree

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your responses....I have homework to do.
    I`m wondering whether the other suggestions are compatible with the FK1000P, assuming you`re gonna stick with it. If you`re *not* sticking with it, I`d wonder whether the other products are as etching-resistant as I find the FK1000P to be. Note that I don`t really expect much from the Fk425, I think of it a my Drying Aid, and if it gives any boost to slickness/appearance, well...that`s just an added bonus.

Accumulator, what is your "sorta-strong mix of IUDJ" used as an alternative to FK425? IUDJ looks interesting since it has many uses. Garry Dean`s youtube videos are certainly entertaining.
    Noting that I`m not at *all* precise about it, I use about 2oz IUDJ + 1gal distilled water.

Heh heh, "entertaining" is one way to describe Garry, and probably more charitable that *I* would put it I sure do respect the guy though, he`s simply wonderful to do business with IME (I had a small issue that he completely *overkilled* responding to, he was great).

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I am going to stick with FK1000P for obvious reasons and to me FK425 certainly gives a boost to slickness and appearance.
    For a product that "is old, outdated tech" it sure looks great on my car and after going to many car shows haven`t seen anything of the new tech. that looks any better.

Must be my 70 year old eyes but it looks like I have to bite the bullet and pay the bucks to import FK425. Your fault Accumulator, a few years ago you steered me in the direction of FK1000P and many years later, with all the latest fabulous technology? I haven`t found anything better. THANKS!!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss Rinseless wash in a weak concentration would probably work fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Duragloss Rinseless wash in a weak concentration would probably work fine.
    If you`re going to go Duragloss why not suggest Fast Clean & Shine (otherwise known to me as Z6), or Aquawax (otherwise known to me as diluted Z8)? I don`t have much to say about FK425, it never worked for me the way it did for other people, but my gallon froze on the way to me. It seemed just like any other QD, and I kind of think QD`s are obsolete in our era of waterless washes, and spray waxes/sealants (what I mean is, the things that people used to use QD`s for, bird bomb removal or touching up water spots after a wash, can be handled with a waterless wash, while if you are doing a post-wash wipedown for "pop" a spray wax is going to be even better).
    Likes craigdt liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    If you`re going to go Duragloss why not suggest Fast Clean & Shine (otherwise known to me as Z6), or Aquawax (otherwise known to me as diluted Z8)? I don`t have much to say about FK425, it never worked for me the way it did for other people, but my gallon froze on the way to me. It seemed just like any other QD, and I kind of think QD`s are obsolete in our era of waterless washes, and spray waxes/sealants (what I mean is, the things that people used to use QD`s for, bird bomb removal or touching up water spots after a wash, can be handled with a waterless wash, while if you are doing a post-wash wipedown for "pop" a spray wax is going to be even better).
    I don`t really use QD`s. I usually mix some rinseless wash as a QD since it has some cleaning ability and leaves something behind. And I`m only buying 1 product vs 2.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be my 70 year old eyes but it looks like I have to bite the bullet and pay the bucks to import FK425. Your fault Accumulator, a few years ago you steered me in the direction of FK1000P and many years later, with all the latest fabulous technology? I haven`t found anything better. THANKS!!
    Fwiw, it is not difficult to find an objectively `better` product than FK425.

Each to their own, normally folks who don`t like change, and don`t receive advice well don`t ask for recommendations in the first place.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information