Post Thanks / Like

Fortador Pro Plus

I hope everyone is doing well and it`s been a long time since I`ve dropped in. Life in business has been super crazy, which isn`t a bad thing, but coupling that with a full time job, and I`ve been crushing 60-80 hours a week. In any event, my current steamer (Vapor Rhino) which I love broke and I sent it back for repair and had it back in 2.5 weeks. During that time frame, I struggled doing interiors the "old fashioned" way since getting used to relying on a high pressure hot steam machine.

I`ve kicked around purchasing a back up, and yes, I can get another Vapor Rhino, but wanted something a little more versitile and "different", so I reached out to Fortador and got a quote on the Pro Plus which includes two hoses, more steam pressure, chemical injection and an extractor. I also looked at others such as the Optima, but am set on the Fortador.

Does anyone have any experience with the Fortador and what are your thoughts? What do you like, what do you dislike. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fortador Pro Plus

Wow, diesel heat for the steam? Hadn`t heard of that brand before, wasn`t it Richie (where has he been?--or was that AGO?) who got a (different league of pricing) combined steamer/vac? You`d really have to clean a lot of cars to pay off an $11,000 machine, if I`m reading that right, but what do I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, diesel heat for the steam? Hadn`t heard of that brand before, wasn`t it Richie (where has he been?--or was that AGO?) who got a (different league of pricing) combined steamer/vac? You`d really have to clean a lot of cars to pay off an $11,000 machine, if I`m reading that right, but what do I know.
    I agree, however, I like the savings on chemicals, which is more appealing to some customers who have little children or pets. I also like the fact that I can have two steam hoses going at the same time, which is going to cut down time, increase production increase sales.

My preliminary calculations show that it should pay for itself within a year`s time frame. I use my current steamer on every detail that I do, especially for interiors. It was a total game-changer for me. I can get the interior cleaned quicker and better I was able to do before. Plus, the germ-killing capabilities coupled with a good cleaner, helps to kill the coronavirus as well as other germs.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner

Post Thanks / Like

A year ROI sounds like good business, sorry I don`t know anything about the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Street5927:
    I had to think what steamer you have. Oh yeah, The Vapor Rhino Steamer from the spilled chili incident.
    Reference thread: Is anyone hungry? Chili Spill
    Never did find out what The Water Claw was about.

SOOOO, are you thinking of upgrading from the Vapor Rhino Steamer??? That unit seems pretty industrial/heavy duty already.

To me the Fortador seems more suited to a large-scale dealership or high-volume detailing/car wash shop.
    One thing I would definitely see a use for this high-performance steamer at a dealership is cleaning off frozen ice/snow/slush from winter-driven vehicle under-carriages, lower rocker sills, and wheel wells before a mechanic performs any service on it. Ask ANY mechanic about that necessity.

Not much help to you. It is kinda cool that this steamer has a Lamborghini engine in it. Then I remembered that Lamborghini also makes engines for farm tractors.

If you do buy one, I am pretty sure you will be the first Autopian to do so.
    GB detailer

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this may be the Water Claw -- WATER CLAW Spot Lifter

Dan F
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Street5927:
    I had to think what steamer you have. Oh yeah, The Vapor Rhino Steamer from the spilled chili incident.
    Reference thread: Is anyone hungry? Chili Spill
    Never did find out what The Water Claw was about.

SOOOO, are you thinking of upgrading from the Vapor Rhino Steamer??? That unit seems pretty industrial/heavy duty already.

To me the Fortador seems more suited to a large-scale dealership or high-volume detailing/car wash shop.
    One thing I would definitely see a use for this high-performance steamer at a dealership is cleaning off frozen ice/snow/slush from winter-driven vehicle under-carriages, lower rocker sills, and wheel wells before a mechanic performs any service on it. Ask ANY mechanic about that necessity.

Not much help to you. It is kinda cool that this steamer has a Lamborghini engine in it. Then I remembered that Lamborghini also makes engines for farm tractors.

If you do buy one, I am pretty sure you will be the first Autopian to do so.
    Yes, I am thinking about upgrading the Vapor Rhino. Although, it is heavy duty and does what I need it to do, it maxes out at 11 bars and has a continuous run of about 7 bars. If it ran continuous at 11 bars, I would maybe get a second one for a backup. The Fortador runs 16 bars continuously at the same temp as the Vapor Rhino. I also like the all in one of the Fortador. Right now, If I want to extract with the Vapor Rhino, I have to hook it up to my Mytee HP60 for suction. Not a bad thing, but another piece of equipment I need to get out...it would be nice to not have to get another piece of equipment out...the Fortador has one built right in.

I use mine in the winter for de-icing client vehicles that come in with ice on them...and yes, it does a fantastic job. With cleaner cars (and I know that some don`t like to hear this), but I can wash the car with the Vapor Rhino with a little under a gallon of water, which makes it nice for washing in my garage in the winter months. I have never had an issue with it causing micro marring. I use the wet steam first, apply a pre-rinse (ONR solution), and then dry steam wash it.

As for the water claw, it is what Stokdgs said it is....it`s *ok*, and probably wouldn`t purchase it again. I think I only used it on the chili spill. I haven`t had any real bad spills to clean up that a standard Mytee attachment couldn`t take care of.

In any event, I`m think I am going to pull the trigger on the Fortador. The one thing it comes with a free Kevlar kit (I have to research it more, but sounds similar to a ceramic coating). But, I am really intrigued with their hot wax product. In looking at the videos, after washing with the Fortador, you can add a liquid wax to the chemical injection and apply it to the vehicle in a hot wax form...interesting, and I`ve never heard of it before, so I am going to research it more and find out if it offers any better protection/application, etc than a standard liquid wax....
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Likes Lonnie, bigltc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I pulled the trigger on the Fortador Steamer. Still a slight learning curve, and learning more about it, but what a beast! Here are some quick videos that I made.

Car wash using the Fortador... - Northeast Auto Reflections

Wheel cleaning with the... - Northeast Auto Reflections

Carpet Shampoo with Fortador... - Northeast Auto Reflections
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Likes dgage liked this post

Thread Information