Thread: Nv EVO beads

Post Thanks / Like

Nv EVO beads

Not the best picture. I hope you guys can see it, the whole bonnet is covered in very small beads/tight beads. EVO looks great. It`s better then CQUK that i have on my trunk but that could be a number of factors. The roof is also EVO. And about a 1 year old open bottle of flyby30 on the windshield. It didn`t go on so nicely as the first time for some reason and i don`t think it works quite so well but i haven`t really drove in heavy rain in the highway since i applied it 3 or 4 few weeks ago. Last application - double coat back to back - lasted around 7 or 8 mths. But i never used the wipers much.

I last washed this car at least 6 weeks ago with N914 as a rinseless.

A wax would not hold a candle to this i don`t believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nv EVO beads

Can’t really tell but beads look kinda flat. How old is application?

Can you get closer up pics next rain?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Can’t really tell but beads look kinda flat. How old is application?

Can you get closer up pics next rain?

Here at least if you double click on the picture on a computer you can see the picture pretty well.

About 6 weeks old. You will have to explain what you mean by flat? Nice small beads cover the whole bonnet. It was topped with reload so i assume there is some still there. However, CQUK topped with reload and EVO topped with reload are not acting the same at all IME.

Personally, i`ve very happy with the beads 6 weeks in with no wash. Even if it doesn`t change they look great when i`m actually driving. Very tight.

It will be interesting how much difference if any the water will react when i get the chance to do a wash. Maybe another rinseless wash with a high pressure spray down first at the local car wash.

edit: Looking at it again, they are a little flat yes. So it will be interesting if it changes from a wash and/or reload wearing off. But all in all i think they are still cool looking beads after 6 weeks of sitting out in the elements 24/7 and i just recently drove about 400kms on the highway.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Here at least if you double click on the picture on a computer you can see the picture pretty well.

About 6 weeks old. You will have to explain what you mean by flat? Nice small beads cover the whole bonnet. It was topped with reload so i assume there is some still there. However, CQUK topped with reload and EVO topped with reload are not acting the same at all IME.

Personally, i`ve very happy with the beads 6 weeks in with no wash. Even if it doesn`t change they look great when i`m actually driving. Very tight.

It will be interesting how much difference if any the water will react when i get the chance to do a wash. Maybe another rinseless wash with a high pressure spray down first at the local car wash.

edit: Looking at it again, they are a little flat yes. So it will be interesting if it changes from a wash and/or reload wearing off. But all in all i think they are still cool looking beads after 6 weeks of sitting out in the elements 24/7 and i just recently drove about 400kms on the highway.
    Tall beads. Freshly applied gyeon wax.

Flatter beads.... think this is older 3-1

Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Those Gyeon beads look nice.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah mine is flat. They do look like the tall ones you have when i`m driving. The ones on the roof are also taller. It was applied on different days.

Like i said it will be interesting when i wash it and when reload wears off. If it doesn`t bounce back seems it might not of been applied correctly.

Everything i done was outdoors so i wont be super disappointed if it doesn`t hold up. But just disappointed.

I had to try it. The Angelwax legacy coating is in Canada now. Apparently, it only takes 2 minutes to cure....maybe that would be a good match for me.

I did have a bear of a time getting the polish oils off my bonnet in the sun that day, ACA 520. Maybe i never got it all....for some reason i have more issues wiping down my bonnet then any other panel. I`m pretty sure it`s the original paint. Maybe the panel since its facing the sun gotten a little warm/hot.....hmm thinking out loud. lol

If its warm enough when i get home i might just buzz over the bonnet and apply EVO early in the morning when the sun is not on my car...I have lots left.

i haven`t check my doors recently but they did have taller beads for instance. Even my bonnet i believe was taller just a few weeks ago.

I`m new to chasing beads!
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleanIt View Post
    Those Gyeon beads look nice.
    Only tall like that for about a week or two. Still nice after that.

Of all my trying of LSP’s Polish angel Cosmic takes cake for me in sealant wax. Category. Closes thing to perform like a coating.

Thread Information