Post Thanks / Like

TACSYSTEM Refinish Ultra

Hi folks, another 1 step compound that i recently came across.

The only post(s) i could find was from the member SWETM. I haven`t seen him post here in a longtime.

Does anyone reading this have any experience with this compound?

I think i will be picking it up. Just curious if anyone tried it.

Apex detailing reviewed it over a year ago and said it worked very well.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: TACSYSTEM Refinish Ultra

Tac system’s hasn’t had a US distributor for over a year and a half. Wasn’t too popular before that.... not sure i’ve heard anyone mention it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Did it stay workable for long time?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Did it stay workable for long time?
    I haven`t tried it.

I`ve since decided to pickup Carpro`s new ultracut. Many people have been reporting you can finish down with a polishing pad on most paints. And carpro as never let me down yet. I even really like their 3inch orange polishing pad. Enough that i might buy their 2 inch pad kit for my G8.That my distributor in canada as in stock. Good price too.

In my opinion/research newer compounds are going to be able finish out with the right pads going forward - some already can. I`m always on the look out for a 1 product paint correction system in the same vein as 3D One.

If ultracut can finish out with a LC orange or rupes yellow - maybe the white sometimes - i have all my needs in one bottle.

I`m a minimalist at heart

I get all tangled up in compound sometimes. I have to remind myself how important pad selection is. For instance, a heavy cut compound will not do much work with a black application pad. Nothing your not aware of.

Ultracut -

UltraCut contains a cocktail of fully diminishing abrasives, which correct heavy defects, while producing minimal hazing. Combine it with the CARPRO cutting pads (wool, flash, cool) or microfibres for extremely effective and efficient defect removal. Drop down to CARPRO orange polishing pad and you can finish down hologram-free even on the most sensitive paints.
    It interesting that carpro calls this new product ultra cut. Tac systems also called their one step compound Refiinsh ultra.

Carpro usually doesn`t over hype too much but their marketing for the flash pad i believe was hilarious. It almost feels like whoever makes their pads have a different marketing team. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Carpro usually doesn`t over hype too much but their marketing for the flash pad i believe was hilarious. It almost feels like whoever makes their pads have a different marketing team. lol
    But what about Carpro Ultra Extreme Cut? That`s leaning towards marketing mumbo jumbo. They just need to add a Platinum or Graphene word on there for overkill. Note, I do like and use multiple Carpro products but this is one they need to work on. Essence and Essence Plus is too hard to keep straight too.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Thread Information