Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Do you dry your car with a leaf blower? Must have accessory!

[FONT=Verdana]Hey guys been drying my car with an EGO leaf blower for years and love it. Now that so many detailing products are so hydrophobic, ceramic everything right, the water just flys off. The one flaw I always encountered was bumping the nozzle into the car... To remedy I ended up custom engineering my own nozzle guards under my own company. As you guys can tell I`ve been in the scene a long time. Let me all know what you think. Getting each mold made is super expensive so I`ve started with making them for the EGO brand blower first, but would love to know what else folks are using.

Do you dry your car with a leaf blower? Must have accessory!-facebook5.jpg[/B]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Older, dgage liked this post
    Thanks Older, wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you dry your car with a leaf blower? Must have accessory!

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3 View Post
    Hey guys been drying my car with an EGO leaf blower for years and love it. Now that so many detailing products are so hydrophobic, ceramic everything right, the water just flys off. The one flaw I always encountered was bumping the nozzle into the car... To remedy I ended up custom engineering my own nozzle guards under my own company...

Ah, good on you for coming up with a solution that works for you (and might be great for others too).

I`m still all about the AirWand, but I gather few others here care for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I just ordered a cheap rubber adapter for like PVC or vehicle intakes that matched my blower. Cool product.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

estcsmt3:
    Here`s another product "idea" for you to develop along the lines of a guard:
    I need an edge guard for the top platform of a platform step ladder. I tried using a rubber edge guard designed for tables to prevent toddlers/babies from bumping into the sharp corner edge, but the angle and surface area was "wrong". Most platform edges at the top are "angled` to meet the leg angle and are NOT a perfect right angle like those found in furniture end or coffee tables. It does need to be a soft plastic or hard foam and have some type of strong adhesive tape that has a removable paper tear-off that is, when removed, allows the end-used to "stick" it to the corners of a platform ladder to prevent scratching the vehicle paint as it is positioned or moved for accessing high-profile (AKA, tall in height) vehicles as they are washed or polished.
    I`ve have resorted to a red-neck engineering and simply cut old foam polishing pads into small pieces and then duct-taped them to two corners that would be up nearest the painted panels of a vehicle (too lazy to do all four) and it looks "red-neck". Anyone who has used a platform step ladder while detailing or washing a high-profile vehicle knows that if you do it long enough, the probability of bumping or scratching the vehicle paint with a platform corner is inevitable, and then it is too late to wish you had done your own red-neck engineering corner protectors. BUT, if you could come up with something that is a little more "attractive" and "easy to put on" and effective, that would be great. Is there a great market for this?? Lets just say there are MANY more non-Autopian individuals who use platform steps for washing vehicles than there are who dry their vehicles with a leaf blower.
    (Edit: Maybe I am wrong about this number, which is WHY you developed , trademarked, and market this BlowerBand™for leaf-blowers)
    By the way, your leaf blower nozzle end guard idea is excellent and one of those "why-didn`t-I-think-of-that" products (like the hula-hoop!). I would like to see something more "rectangular" because that is the shape of my leaf-blower nozzle end (a Toro Model 51619) and its nozzle end dimensions are 1.62" height x 3.16" Long with full radius ends (assuming 1/2 the height or .81" R) that I measured with my trusty and ancient Brown & Sharpe vernier calipers. I did A LOT of reverse-engineering, field measurements with that rugged, but accurate measuring tool as a CAD Technician, as long as you could read/interpret the nearest 25 lines on the lower vernier it lined up with for the nearest thousandths of an inch and remember to add that value to the four smaller .025 graduations between the ten larger .1 graduations (mental math) Or just convert the measured distance on the nearest 1/32" inches on the upper scale (like a ruler) to a decimal value (memorized chart, like 3/32" = .09375").
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    estcsmt3:
    Here`s another product "idea" for you to develop along the lines of a guard:
    I need an edge guard for the top platform of a platform step ladder. I tried using a rubber edge guard designed for tables to prevent toddlers/babies from bumping into the sharp corner edge, but the angle and surface area was "wrong". Most platform edges at the top are "angled` to meet the leg angle and are NOT a perfect right angle like those found in furniture end or coffee tables. It does need to be a soft plastic or hard foam and have some type of strong adhesive tape that has a removable paper tear-off that is, when removed, allows the end-used to "stick" it to the corners of a platform ladder to prevent scratching the vehicle paint as it is positioned or moved for accessing high-profile (AKA, tall in height) vehicles as they are washed or polished.
    I`ve have resorted to a red-neck engineering and simply cut old foam polishing pads into small pieces and then duct-taped them to two corners that would be up nearest the painted panels of a vehicle (too lazy to do all four) and it looks "red-neck". Anyone who has used a platform step ladder while detailing or washing a high-profile vehicle knows that if you do it long enough, the probability of bumping or scratching the vehicle paint with a platform corner is inevitable, and then it is too late to wish you had done your own red-neck engineering corner protectors. BUT, if you could come up with something that is a little more "attractive" and "easy to put on" and effective, that would be great. Is there a great market for this?? Lets just say there are MANY more non-Autopian individuals who use platform steps for washing vehicles than there are who dry their vehicles with a leaf blower.

By the way, your leaf blower nozzle end guard idea is excellent and one of those "why-didn`t-I-think-of-that" products (like the hula-hoop!). I would like to see something more "rectangular" because that is the shape of my leaf-blower nozzle end (a Toro Model 51619) and its nozzle end dimensions are 1.62" height x 3.16" Long with full radius ends (assuming 1/2 the height or .81" R) that I measured with my trusty and ancient Brown & Sharpe vernier calipers. I did A LOT of reverse-engineering, field measurements with that rugged, but accurate measuring tool as a CAD Technician, as long as you could read/interpret the nearest 25 lines on the lower vernier it lined up with for the nearest thousandths of an inch and remember to add that value to the four smaller .025 graduations between the ten larger .1 graduations (mental math) Or just convert the measured distance on the nearest 1/32" inches on the upper scale (like a ruler) to a decimal value (memorized chart, like 3/32" = .09375").

Thank you! Great feedback. If you could send me a link to a similar step ladder. Im following the general concept but would like to know more.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I use this one - Werner AP 20-MP6 Aluminum Work Platform, believe it`s on Amazon..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

estcstm3:
    Any plans to contact leaf-blower manufacturers and maybe have them include your novel BlowerBand™ as part of the leaf-blower OEM accessories they sell to the consumer when they buy it in a box??

I also assume that since your BlowerBand™ is trademarked, it is also patented so it cannot be "copied" to protect your product investment. The patenting process is expensive in-and-of itself, but also a necessary part of doing business these days in the American and a world economy with an emerging product that has market potential.

Now we need to come up with a "catch-phrase" for your product and trademarked name. Like, "Removing the water, protecting your paint."
    ("The blower nozzle condom" was rejected right away for obvious reasons, but is catchy!)
    GB detailer
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Older thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’d surely get a few for my Greenworks 80 volt blower.
    Likes Britsdaddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Look at an insulation tubing for a hot water pipe as a solution. They are already split on one side and come in different diameters.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    estcstm3:
    Any plans to contact leaf-blower manufacturers and maybe have them include your novel BlowerBand™ as part of the leaf-blower OEM accessories they sell to the consumer when they buy it in a box??

I also assume that since your BlowerBand™ is trademarked, it is also patented so it cannot be "copied" to protect your product investment. The patenting process is expensive in-and-of itself, but also a necessary part of doing business these days in the American and a world economy with an emerging product that has market potential.

Now we need to come up with a "catch-phrase" for your product and trademarked name. Like, "Removing the water, protecting your paint."
    ("The blower nozzle condom" was rejected right away for obvious reasons, but is catchy!)

Sorry I have been MIA...been getting things done. We just got picked up by Detailed Image and by Matt Moreman. Yes the shape the name all lends to alot of sexual inenendo, which I got a chuckle out of. Right now my tag is "dry better." Basically i would like to expand to all things detailing. Whatever we do lets do it better. Dry better, wash better, detail better, clean better, etc... I do at times use "Practice Safe Drying"

Would be great if the manufactorers would license or for me to wholesale but for now im loving the entrepreneurial aspects.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I saw that. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

[FONT=Verdana]Hey guys been drying my car with an EGO leaf blower for years and love it. Now that so many detailing products are so hydrophobic, ceramic everything right, the water just flys off. The one flaw I always encountered was bumping the nozzle into the car... To remedy I ended up custom engineering my own nozzle guards under my own company. As you guys can tell I`ve been in the scene a long time. Let me all know what you think. Getting each mold made is super expensive so I`ve started with making them for the EGO brand blower first, but would love to know what else folks are using.
    I bought something similar for my Milwaukee M18 blower, it came with a 3D printed stubby tube, they had the option for the rubber band ending but ive just been careful and it hasnt been an issue, I think I paid $40 for the tube and the silicon band was another $15 or so. Makes drying with it much better, some people have talked about it no being filtered air so I reached out to the person (on Etsy) about possibly making something you could clip on the air inlet with a filter.

EDIT Looking at the site I think I bought it from you lol. If its the same person I saw your FB post in one of the Milwaukee tools groups.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You pimp! That’s awesome

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I have been MIA...been getting things done. We just got picked up by Detailed Image and by Matt Moreman.
    Good enough for Matt Moreman! Congrats man.

Love the idea, love the execution.

Would be great if the manufactorers would license or for me to wholesale but for now im loving the entrepreneurial aspects.

Look into Stephen Key`s InventRight, if you haven`t already. His service offers help with getting your product licensed.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

The only problem I see with this product is having to make multiple sizes for various brands of blowers. Marketing through some specific detailing lines seems to be a good idea. Hopefully some other people are willing to help you market it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information