Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Coating "Lite" Options (for mobile detailing)

Thanks everyone for the help. I went ahead and ordered me some Gyeon Can Coat. It felt like the goldilocks "just right" balance of ease of use and durability of the bunch. I`m excited to get my hands on it and start experimenting with it. I might have to practice with it on my daily first. I plan to polish it out soon and apply CQ UK/SiC that I also have coming my way but I may have to try this first to see how it goes on.

I know Gyeon has their own primer polish, but has anyone tried applying it over Essence? Wondering if they will play together or if it will affect the durability. I would panel wipe before applying it of course.

Post Thanks / Like

As long as you panel wipe after Essence, there shouldn’t be anything that would interfere whether Essence or Gyeon’s primer polish. I’d still use a prep wipe even if using Gyeon’s primer. Carpro also suggests a prep wipe even if using Essence with a CQuartz coating.
    Thanks crg001 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the help. I went ahead and ordered me some Gyeon Can Coat. It felt like the goldilocks "just right" balance of ease of use and durability of the bunch. I`m excited to get my hands on it and start experimenting with it. I might have to practice with it on my daily first. I plan to polish it out soon and apply CQ UK/SiC that I also have coming my way but I may have to try this first to see how it goes on.

I know Gyeon has their own primer polish, but has anyone tried applying it over Essence? Wondering if they will play together or if it will affect the durability. I would panel wipe before applying it of course.
    I did and worked fine. Got a little over 12 months.

If i was using cancoat i would reapply every 10 months. With polishings every other application.

For times not polishing i would do a decon wash with an alkaline soap, iron X. I would use the alkaline soap on two prior washes with no toppers or drying aid.

I would also stop using any of these products a month or two prior before reapplying CanCoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks crg001 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

If i was using cancoat i would reapply every 10 months. With polishings every other application.

For times not polishing i would do a decon wash with an alkaline soap, iron X. I would use the alkaline soap on two prior washes with no toppers or drying aid.

I would also stop using any of these products a month or two prior before reapplying CanCoat.

Good to know, thanks for the info! With my order of Can Coat I also got some 3D Super Pre Soak coming in for strip wash duties. I was using Purple Power Vehicle and Boat Wash as popularized on the yootoobs but I just do not care for it. The dilution ratios are laughably weak and foam is non-existant, along with an overly alkaline nature with no real cleaning power besides the brute force of its alkalinity.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

If I don`t have the time or agreeable weather to polish off Cancoat that I applied almost a year ago can I just put another coat on? Come Spring I should have the time to polish whatever is left off and apply a more long term coating. I just need it to get me through the Winter again much like I did last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    If I don`t have the time or agreeable weather to polish off Cancoat that I applied almost a year ago can I just put another coat on? Come Spring I should have the time to polish whatever is left off and apply a more long term coating. I just need it to get me through the Winter again much like I did last year.
    Just do a strong decon wash with an iron remover and a strong soap such as Reset or similar and then go for it. As Coatings=crack said, don`t use anything else such as toppers or drying aids on the paint or they may interfere with CanCoat. It may not last a year without better prep but should absolutely get you through the winter.
    Thanks Gridlink thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Just do a strong decon wash with an iron remover and a strong soap such as Reset or similar and then go for it. As Coatings=crack said, don`t use anything else such as toppers or drying aids on the paint or they may interfere with CanCoat. It may not last a year without better prep but should absolutely get you through the winter.
    Durability and prep are closely aligned. Without machine polishing expect to half the durability of Cc as a general indication. Can massively fluctuate depending on your prep, what it`s attempting to bond to etc. Half it again if there is not a solid base already there.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I would still Iron remover, decon wash with a alkaline soap, use a coating prep spray. I did that to CqUk3 just cuz my cancoat was near expiration. Worked well.

Thanks Gridlink thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    Durability and prep are closely aligned. Without machine polishing expect to half the durability of Cc as a general indication. Can massively fluctuate depending on your prep, what it`s attempting to bond to etc. Half it again if there is not a solid base already there.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Yeah agreed but OP is looking to get through spring and i’d say that he has a solid plan.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information