Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 CanCoat

Chicago Auto Pros did a Winter test of 26 different products through a real world 6 month durability test. Gyeon Can Coat did very well as did Adams Graphene Coating Spray but the best performing product so far is Gyeon Mohs Q2.

https://youtu.be/BqyJxUahQkk

Shocking FINAL Results After Testing 26 Different Protection Products On My Car - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like

MOHs is a high solids coating whereas CanCoat is a much easier to use lower solids coating. It would make sense.

I would also agree that many people who have a coating and think it’s failed, in the vast majority of cases it hasn’t. It will just be clogged up from contamination. It is also important to remember that contamination isn’t just fallout and that a hit of fallout remover won’t remove the tar, the hard water deposits or any of the other contamination that will have stuck.

Cancoat will last through winter in almost all circumstances.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 CanCoat

Just decon washed my moms Rav4 waring One coat of Tacs Moonlight and 1 coat Adam’s graphene spray.

Not bad for 6 months. Similar results to CanCoat I used before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the pics. What did you use for the decon wash?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Just decon washed my moms Rav4 waring One coat of Tacs Moonlight and 1 coat Adam’s graphene spray.

Not bad for 6 months. Similar results to CanCoat I used before.

I`d been testing Moonlight against Cancoat last year and generally found Cancoat to maintain good performance for longer. Moonlight doesn`t quite have the initial crazy beading but with top ups it can do the 11 months it claims. It`s a bit slicker and nicer to apply to be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 CanCoat

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    I`d been testing Moonlight against Cancoat last year and generally found Cancoat to maintain good performance for longer. Moonlight doesn`t quite have the initial crazy beading but with top ups it can do the 11 months it claims. It`s a bit slicker and nicer to apply to be fair.
    Initially yes, the beading is way nice on Cancoat. After about 2-3,months though comparable. Cancoat got toppers and i got about 12 months

At six months i’d say performance wise this combo could be slightly better. Not much. This car didn’t need a decon.... just did it because i have a gallon if BF iron remover. I also just used Reset and not the Alkaline soap i normally use because i felt it didn’t need it.

The car i had CC on definitely needed it at 6 months. With it tho performance came back.

If i were looking for out right self cleaning and protection i’d say this combo winning in light category. I’m also guessing this is mainly Moonlight performance as i applied Adam’s GSC wrong. Applied and wiped almost instantly as it rainbows fast. Read on Adams shoulda let sit for minute or two.

Overall my choice would be Cancoat as I feel it’s molten glass appearance is one of my favorite from an LSP.

Another factor though is Moonlight last longer in bottle. It was over 2 years old when i used it in April.

CanCoat was jelly at 13 months

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Initially yes, the beading is way nice on Cancoat. After about 2-3,months though comparable. Cancoat got toppers and i got about 12 months

At six months i’d say performance wise this combo could be slightly better. Not much. This car didn’t need a decon.... just did it because i have a gallon if BF iron remover. I also just used Reset and not the Alkaline soap i normally use because i felt it didn’t need it.

The car i had CC on definitely needed it at 6 months. With it tho performance came back.

If i were looking for out right self cleaning and protection i’d say this combo winning in light category. I’m also guessing this is mainly Moonlight performance as i applied Adam’s GSC wrong. Applied and wiped almost instantly as it rainbows fast. Read on Adams shoulda let sit for minute or two.

Overall my choice would be Cancoat as I feel it’s molten glass appearance is one of my favorite from an LSP.

Another factor though is Moonlight last longer in bottle. It was over 2 years old when i used it in April.

CanCoat was jelly at 13 months

Good to hear you`re getting performance from both. Moonlight with Cancoat on top is a really good combo to try, Budget inspired me with his Overcoat Cosmic duo. Looked just that bit more special (to me anyway).

My bottle of moonlight actually gave up far quicker than the cancoat! Suspect that was my fault as some of the product had solidified at the cap so it may not have been fully air tight.

When you apply 2 heavier coats of cancoat (lay it on thick and give it a bit of time before wipe off) it only adds to slickness and durability.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback coatings and atbalfour.

i`m very happy with my coatings but it takes alot of effort in my situation outside. Cancoat is a better fit for me.

I`ve since read that Adam`s graphene spray coating it also not water based? Like cancoat and moonlight? Looks like another option next year.

3D as touch as well, never heard anything about yet. 3D is actually the more costly product.

Post Thanks / Like

What’s weird is my bottle is 2.5 years old. Looked it up. February 2019. I’ve heard the same 1 to 1.5 years.

Weirder is i have some CqUk3 from around the same time. Little left in a open bottle and it seems to be good too.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are going to top CanCoat, I`d recommend Gyeon Cure. Not only is it designed to work on Gyeon products and contains common ingredients, but when I used it on CanCoat, it preserved/kept the crazy beading/sheeting CanCoat delivers.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information