Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon Q2 CanCoat

Does anyone have real life experience with Gyeon CanCoat? How does it hold up to winter temps, snow, ice, salt, brine and brushless car washes? I have been reading about the great durability of this product but not much about the winter extremes. I live in Wisconsin and the only products that will survive the entire winter is Fusso Soft99 and Finish Kare Hi-Temp Wax. Products such as Collinite 845, 915, and Jescar Powerlock will not survive the entire winter.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 CanCoat

I think @budgetplan did so maybe he’ll check in. Might search his magnum opus for it - the ‘I think I’m done with coatings’ thread. Thought about it but went with CQuartz lite so I can’t give you real world (or the harsh winter bit).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Does anyone have real life experience with Gyeon CanCoat? How does it hold up to winter temps, snow, ice, salt, brine and brushless car washes? I have been reading about the great durability of this product but not much about the winter extremes. I live in Wisconsin and the only products that will survive the entire winter is Fusso Soft99 and Finish Kare Hi-Temp Wax. Products such as Collinite 845, 915, and Jescar Powerlock will not survive the entire winter.

Thanks
    It`ll outlast all of the products you mentioned, even through winter provided you prep the panel before application. Like many products it benefits greatly from a second coat and a `heavier` application with an applicator pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Down here in Georgia I got a full 10months before I really saw any significant changes. And that was only on the lower panels. All the horizontal panels I would say failed 13 to 14 months. Sorry and thank goodness. I`m not much help on Wisconsin winter conditions.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Southern California and the combination of Gyeon Q2 Primer + CanCoat and the occasional Gyeon Cute provided 15 months of performance.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I think i`m going to go and order CanCoat to test this winter.
    I`m also planning on testing Polish Angel Cosmic V2 with Cosmic Spritz as a topper to see how it survives and Griots 3 in 1 Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m also planning on testing Polish Angel Cosmic V2 with Cosmic Spritz as a topper to see how it survives and Griots 3 in 1 Wax.
    I tried it a few years back here in CT - side panels failed in just over 2 months or so - I don`t think it likes constant liquid salt.... Top panels were still partially protecting in spring though.

Also - Polish Angel has their own "Winter" Series - Viking.... So you may want to look at Viking Spritz.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m in Upstate NY and applied one coat of Cancoat to my car last year. The lower half of the doors, front bumper, and back of the car didn`t last the winter, but everything else is still showing good beading and self cleaning almost a year later. I`ll need to polish the rest off in the next month or so and decide if I want to use Cancoat again or 22PLE HPC which I`ve had sitting my on shelf since last Spring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    I`m in Upstate NY and applied one coat of Cancoat to my car last year. The lower half of the doors, front bumper, and back of the car didn`t last the winter, but everything else is still showing good beading and self cleaning almost a year later. I`ll need to polish the rest off in the next month or so and decide if I want to use Cancoat again or 22PLE HPC which I`ve had sitting my on shelf since last Spring.
    I bet if you give it a good decon wash with an alkaline strip soap those area’s woulda woke up. Had same issues and was highly disappointed it only lasted 8 months.

Foam, soaked rinse and 2,bucket with McKees Coating Prep Soap. Went back to almost new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If looking for durability avoid anything Polish Angel. Lovely to use, great beading, beautiful looking finish but just do not hold up to regular washing, alkalines or salt.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used it here in the southern end of Illinois. I got 12+ months out of it through one of the worst winters we`d seen in a while. Plenty of ice, snow, salt etc. I say "12+" because it was actually still holding up at the 12 month point when I polished it off in order to try something else. It wasn`t holding up like a fresh application, but still was nowhere near what I`d call "dead".

When I bought it, I also received a small bottle of Gyeon Cure. I topped the CanCoat with Cure about every 4~6 weeks, which may also have contributed to the long durability I experienced.

I too saw degraded beading/sheeting on the lower doors after winter was over. This isn`t any different from what I`ve seen from other sealants or coatings. After 2~3 good hand washings, everything was back to normal. To this day I still think it`s one of the best looking products I`ve put on my black cars.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I bet if you give it a good decon wash with an alkaline strip soap those area’s woulda woke up. Had same issues and was highly disappointed it only lasted 8 months.

Foam, soaked rinse and 2,bucket with McKees Coating Prep Soap. Went back to almost new.

The car absolutely needs a good hit with a fallout remover, but multiple washes with Reset and pre-treatment with APC have not brought any beading back to the lower areas. It`s totally dead there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I used it here in the southern end of Illinois. I got 12+ months out of it through one of the worst winters we`d seen in a while. Plenty of ice, snow, salt etc. I say "12+" because it was actually still holding up at the 12 month point when I polished it off in order to try something else. It wasn`t holding up like a fresh application, but still was nowhere near what I`d call "dead".

When I bought it, I also received a small bottle of Gyeon Cure. I topped the CanCoat with Cure about every 4~6 weeks, which may also have contributed to the long durability I experienced.

I too saw degraded beading/sheeting on the lower doors after winter was over. This isn`t any different from what I`ve seen from other sealants or coatings. After 2~3 good hand washings, everything was back to normal. To this day I still think it`s one of the best looking products I`ve put on my black cars.
    2 layers? 12mths is enough for me i don`t think i will be spending over $100 for a full on coating anymore/next year. It suits my needs better IE cancoat but i`m stubborn.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gridlink View Post
    The car absolutely needs a good hit with a fallout remover, but multiple washes with Reset and pre-treatment with APC have not brought any beading back to the lower areas. It`s totally dead there.
    Apc’s are generally close to ph neutral. Reset didn’t cut it for me either. Alkaline wash made a big difference.

Reset and Apc wash not the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    2 layers? 12mths is enough for me i don`t think i will be spending over $100 for a full on coating anymore/next year. It suits my needs better IE cancoat but i`m stubborn.
    No it was only 1 layer, most likely assisted by applications of Cure. Two layers and no Cure, may give as good/better results.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes noorth liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information