Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Suggestions for Bug Guts Splatter Removers/Cleaners

When needed I to use PB BugSquash but I also use their Bug MF towel.

Just as a reference Autogeek does actually sell the MF Bug towel. It’s under the PB towels in their “by brand” options.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    How do you think carpro`s multix cut 10:1 would work on bugs on a relatively well maintained high solid ceramic coating? I only have one dedicated bug and tar removed from turtlewax actually, it helped on my father nissan a few days. Stronger then multix 10:1 for that task.

I might just go with another favorite company of mine and get 3D bug out, it very cheap. I will be trying multix though first to see if i even need a dedicated bug remover. Mostly just small flies here.
    For a high solids coating, I usually don’t need any sort of special apc or bug cleaner to remove bugs. The bugs usually come right off either with the pressure washer or using a Garry dean method of rinse less washing.

To answer your question, I think multi x would work fine. Bug out has a very strong citrus smell, my guess is it is multi x with some type of enzyme added to break down bugs.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    For a high solids coating, I usually don’t need any sort of special apc or bug cleaner to remove bugs. The bugs usually come right off either with the pressure washer or using a Garry dean method of rinse less washing.

To answer your question, I think multi x would work fine. Bug out has a very strong citrus smell, my guess is it is multi x with some type of enzyme added to break down bugs.
    Rinseless washes have been a game changer for me. I don`t need lots of running water to clean my car every time. It probably does scratch the paint more then a bucket wash but in the real world that`s how it goes.
    Likes Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Tried the 3D Bug Out. You can dilute it 10:1 or 4:1. I did 4:1. Sprayed it on some stubborn bug guts from this summer, let it sit for a few then used the power washer and they came right off. No noticeable hit to my LSP.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Bugs are big problem here in Wisconsin due the proximity to bodies of fresh waters and the abundance of grassy farmlands and crops that they thrive in.
    I feel your pain.

Not so much the fresh water lake problem, but living in south east Illinois, you are surrounded by corn fields. My wife drives between rural school districts all day long for her job and her car is constantly covered in bugs until the frost starts to kill them off. On the road between here and Chicago if you drive after dark, you will have to pull over at a gas station sometime in that 4~5 hour trip and use the squeegee and solution at a gas station. Wipers and windshield washer fluid simply can`t keep up with the volume and size of the bugs and visibility becomes a real issue. Some are so large you wonder if a boneless bird just exploded on the glass.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information