Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2021 WOWA Sealants?

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    You could look at these coating lite’s:

Gyeon CanCoat
    Adams Graphene Ceramic Spray Coating

PNS is good. You also have the option to upgrade to their CC36 coating. It’s PNS taken to another level. Rated at one year but can be maintained with the same products as PNS.

I enjoyed it for what it is. The only downside is you would need two kits for a large vehicle.
    Thanks. Adams is on my short list. Can coat looks appealing but I seem to recall reading it goes bad?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Since those Opti-Coat products are only sold by installers or at the Opti-Coat site, they don`t get much play. A lot of what happens at Optimum seems to be driven by the certified installer base (or maybe a few vocal ones), and they wanted an exclusive line that they could sell to their clients for maintaining their expensive Opti-Coat installation.
    Yep, and I saw your posts over there :-). The posts saying it wasn’t much better than Optiseal weren’t uplifting. If it was $25-30 I’d probably give it a shot. But the current price tag puts it right next to alternatives that have more review support. It’s not even the money, I just don’t want more shelf filler. The old Dan would have bought everything recommended in this thread. No more.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    It’s not even the money, I just don’t want more shelf filler. The old Dan would have bought everything recommended in this thread. No more.
    Amen, you and I are both reformed flavor-of-the-monthers.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks. Adams is on my short list. Can coat looks appealing but I seem to recall reading it goes bad?
    It’s not going to last on your shelf for 10 years that’s for sure. A couple at most before it becomes unusable.

Both will clog the sprayers after use.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Since those Opti-Coat products are only sold by installers or at the Opti-Coat site, they don`t get much play. A lot of what happens at Optimum seems to be driven by the certified installer base (or maybe a few vocal ones), and they wanted an exclusive line that they could sell to their clients for maintaining their expensive Opti-Coat installation.
    Setec Astronomy:
    The above statement seems to be either an observation or an accusation.
    That said, I have looked at the Opti-Coat website and yes, Optimum has "developed" other car-care products with the Opti-Coat namesake /logo. It just is hard to believe that Optimum Polymer Technology and Dr. David Ghodouss would resort to this sort of marketing, but after the Opti-Coat "certified" dealer/installer product pricing and warranty debacle from several years back, OPT does need to appease the remaining Opti-Coat certified dealer/installer base. If they make money, so does OPT, because they are both selling car-care products and services. Cannot fault them for that in a free-market economy.
    So is Hyper-Seal THAT much better than the available-to-the-"regular"-detailer Opti-Seal and is it worth the extra increase price? Is my question an observation (pay more for a better product)or an accusation (Pay more for a similar product with an "exclusive" name, AKA rebranding)?

I use OPT car-care products because they they are reasonably-priced and they delivery the excellent results I desire for my detailing tasks as a hobbyist. But I am not a certified installer, so the Opti-Coat line is not available to me to buy and use. Should it be? That`s another issue.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie--I guess I`m still bitter over the fact that the installer base got Opti-Coat 2.0 removed from the retail market. Just to be clear, the Opti-Coat branded products can be purchased by anyone, at the Opti-Coat website. But they are only sold that way or through a certified installer, they are not sold through any other distribution channel. And yes, (according to them) Hyper-Seal is their best sealant, as their forum guy described it the other day "could be referred to as a spray-on ceramic coating".

I have many Optimum products but have been disappointed recently by their decision to discontinue the lotion polishes (including Poli-Seal), leaving only the spray polishes (and GPS). Although I like the idea of the spray polishes, I find the user experience to be less satisfying to me than the lotion versions.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie--I guess I`m still bitter over the fact that the installer base got Opti-Coat 2.0 removed from the retail market. Just to be clear, the Opti-Coat branded products can be purchased by anyone, at the Opti-Coat website..
    Anybody know whether their currently-available Coating as durable as their available-to-consumers stuff used to be?

Oh, and Hey, Setec, seems like I hadn`t seen you here for a while (well, I`ve been offline a lot..) and I just wanted to say "Hi!".

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Accumulator, no, the Gloss-Coat is an SiO2 coating, while the old Opti-Coat 2.0 was an SiC coating. I think they claim 2 years for Gloss-Coat, while OC 2.0 was "permanent". I`ve noticed CarPro has a consumer/retail SiC coating.

Post Thanks / Like

Gloss Coat is weak from my experience. It’s an SiO2/SiC hybrid. It’s supposed to be a 3 year rated coating. Real world is 1 year at best.

I stopped using it long ago as there are better performing coatings.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Gloss Coat is...an SiO2/SiC hybrid. It’s supposed to be a 3 year rated coating. Real world is 1 year at best.
    Thank you for correcting me on the chemistry, and they say 2-3 years.

Post Thanks / Like

If you are truly looking for a "sealant" = Jescar Power Lock Plus Polymer Sealant.

It`s one of the the easiest products to use - removal is a joy. Takes no effort whatsoever. It`s durable and looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Was too hard to find the one. Have Griots 3n1 spray coating coming, a small can of PnS and…. For fun some NuFinish spray ceramic. Also might get the Adams spray too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the confirmations about the longevity of the current Optimum coating...even if it`s not what I wanted to hear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dschribs View Post
    If you are truly looking for a "sealant" = Jescar Power Lock Plus Polymer Sealant.

It`s one of the the easiest products to use - removal is a joy. Takes no effort whatsoever. It`s durable and looks great.
    I can’t believe this is still highly regarded. It is easy to use, but durability is way below so many other easy to use sealants.
    Good old ADHD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by roscopervis;[URL="tel:2187258"
    2187258[/URL]]I can’t believe this is still highly regarded. It is easy to use, but durability is way below so many other easy to use sealants.
    Anytime I hear of it, it’s in conjunction with Collinite 845.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information