wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

McKees SIO2 wash...

Stopped at Advance auto to get some car soap. Was debating between Griots and McKees. The Griots was 64 oz and the McKees was 16 oz. Both priced the same. Based on the dilution ratio, both will provide a similar number of washes. Two things made me lean toward McKees. First the Griots instructions say to use in shade and the Griots was larger and a not as nice looking green color. The McKees said it was watermellon scented and a pleasant red color. Who could resist, and it takes up less space. The scent wasn`t overpowering.

Used the McKees this morning. I mixed 1 oz to about two gallons of water. It seemed to have good lubricity at that ratio. Cleaning ability seems to be fine. I washed in direct sunlight and wiped dry. No issues with streaking. It wiped clean. Seems to be a winner.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKees SIO2 wash...

Tried it. Very good soap. Wow is it thick!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I know I`ve been out of the loop...but they are selling McKee`s 37 products in the Advance Auto stores???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I know I`ve been out of the loop...but they are selling McKee`s 37 products in the Advance Auto stores???
    Correct----McKees has branch out .

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee`s N914 is my product of the year.

I`ve been using the waterless wash solution for cleaning the panels and then use the same solution for clay lube before polishing. Its so liberating not having to use a traditional bucket wash prior to polishing - huge time, water and hassle saver. No drying or water stuck in the cracks. And right now our town as a low water consumption ban on. Which only happened a few times in my whole life here. But i would still use waterless washes for now on before claying and machine polishing. I don`t mess with any tar or iron removers either. Well i did use a little bit of OTC turtlewax`s bug and tar remover on my fathers front bumper, it certainty helped. Stronger then the 10:1 carpro multix i had for bugs. One thing i love about multix is it doesn`t seem to dry out my hands like cheap APC`s. If N914 can be used to clean my pads too i will pick up a liter of multix when i run out.

Has a pad cleaner i used it 8:1. I`ll know soon when i re-use the pads if it got all the debris out.

I will be using their tire coating over the winter. Another very inexpensive product, relative to some other brands, namely carpro - that as high praise.

Edit: Of course i would breakout the pressure washer if the car was caked in mud. But a reasonably clean car it works great for prep work. So far so good.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Noorth, give Tri Nova tire dressing a try. Seems to be a pretty good product.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Noorth, give Tri Nova tire dressing a try. Seems to be a pretty good product.
    I read some good things about feynlab`s tire dressing as well.

But i hate cleaning tires so i`m going to try a coating on my summer tires this winter. I will break out the drill brushes and deep clean the tires first. Probably pickup tuf shines tire cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like

? I never have shopped at AAP . Their prices are -high-. At least when I have checked on a bottle on the occasion I needed a particular automotive fluid.

However....I`m aware McKees is sold here and I have been wanting to try SI02...since it`s no longer sold on PMBG umbrella sites

Thread Information