Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glass Towel

Post Thanks / Like

Glass Towel

Can you guys recommend a glass towel for me? No matter how I care for my MF`s they always leave some amount of lint on the glass.

I switched over to Scotts Shop for Glass but they are disposable and not all that durable. Looking for a better alternative.

Thx!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Glass Towel

Griot`s Garage make some pretty good towels for glass.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a bunch of the Cobra Microfiber Waffle Weave Glass Towels and they work great for me. I’ve also seen Zap cloths highly recommended for glass but I haven’t tried those yet; still sitting in my Big A cart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I have a bunch of the Cobra Microfiber Waffle Weave Glass Towels and they work great for me. I’ve also seen Zap cloths highly recommended for glass but I haven’t tried those yet; still sitting in my Big A cart.
    My two “go to’s” ... but I had to wash the Cobras dozens of times to wash out the lint. I use Zaps as a final touch. They get better as they age. Stiff to begin with, they soften up with use. I soak them and wring them out when I begin a wash. I think they work best as they dry out with a touch of moisture left.
    Likes Stokdgs, Wknd Dtlr liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 of the Speedmaster glass towels. Very good.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/spee...ass-towel.html

Or the ZAP CLOTH is amazing. No cleaners needed. Just wet and use.

https://www.autopia-carcare.com/zap-...l#.YSjrPUuSnIU
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I like the Carpro Glass Towel

It`s a fine weave but really well designed.

Post Thanks / Like

The Rag Co. has some new "diamond weave" glass towels. I bought a pack of them - - they have some "bite" and I think they work quite well. Probably $2 each.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha, everybody has a different answer.

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    The Rag Co. has some new "diamond weave" glass towels. I bought a pack of them - - they have some "bite" and I think they work quite well. Probably $2 each.
    I found the black diamond weave ones I got a couple of years ago linted like crazy. I bought a few F T W (For the Window) towels from TRC, they are a PFM-type (what do they call that weave again?), they looked pretty good, I can`t remember if I even tried one yet, it`s been a slow car washing year, I haven`t even turned on my outside hose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    I like the Carpro Glass Towel

It`s a fine weave but really well designed.

^^this^^ Zap is another good glass towel.
    Likes Stokdgs, KBsToy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have the griots standard glass towel and they work great. Finish with the Zap if needed.

I will be trying the CarPros next as they get great reviews. To be honest though those reviews come along with clarity reviews which was good but not as Amazing as the reviews.

Clarify finished better than stoners but I still felt the need to follow up with the Zep so in the end they came out the same and Clarity 3 times the price in smaller bottles.

If i stick to those small bottles will stick with Stoners. I may go with a gallon of Clarify which will even out price as it is a little better and smells good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Man, I gotta try the Zap Cloth some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    Griot`s Garage make some pretty good towels for glass.
    I thought those were so great that when a batch in [weird colors] was on sale I bought a bunch of `em. BUT...some of that batch lint badly, like...very badly.

I gave some to a fellow Autopian and he says those are all OK, but I`m still leery now. So once again, YMMV.

(yeah, yeah...when I find the time I just oughta isolate the one(s) that lint, but I haven`t done it yet )

I have a bunch of the Cobra Microfiber Waffle Weave Glass Towels and they work great for me
    Glad those are working OK for you; mine linted badly from the jump and never got better (only worse..still use `em for non-critical household stuff and they`re still linting after many years).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Man, I gotta try the Zap Cloth some time...

I thought those were so great that when a batch in [weird colors] was on sale I bought a bunch of `em. BUT...some of that batch lint badly, like...very badly.

I gave some to a fellow Autopian and he says those are all OK, but I`m still leery now. So once again, YMMV.

(yeah, yeah...when I find the time I just oughta isolate the one(s) that lint, but I haven`t done it yet )

Glad those are working OK for you; mine linted badly from the jump and never got better (only worse..still use `em for non-critical household stuff and they`re still linting after many years).
    So what do you use currently for glass?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    So what do you use currently for glass?

For the vehicles, I have a dozen or so of the GG PFMs for Glass that don`t (currently) lint, and I generally follow up with their Polypropylene Window Wipes, which have never disappointed me.

Eh, it`s not like I actually have any issues with glass, I was just ranting about whichever PFM(s?) for Glass from that one batch are linting. My (limited) interest in the Zap Cloth is basically just intellectual curiosity and I`m not looking to fix what`s not broken

The one time I used the linting one on a car, it left *every* window on the A8 utterly covered with MF lint, right when I had a dealership valet here to pick it up. Pull it out for him and "holy [crap]!" was I disappointed...and embarrassed, hence my continued ranting on the subject
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I suck. 1 year old thread BRUMP

My favorite is TRC Glass Ones. I wanted one so off I go, googling to see what the new flavor of the month is....
    My TRC Glass - diamond weave - I`ve had when they 1st came out

Anyhow, Amazon seems go have -alot- that look very similar to TRC Diamond Weave. I have yet to decide to stick with TRC or go with some of the similar CHICOM offerings on Amazon, where for the same price as TRC, I get like 2X-3X of them at the same price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    I suck. 1 year old thread BRUMP

My favorite is TRC Glass Ones. I wanted one so off I go, googling to see what the new flavor of the month is....
    My TRC Glass - diamond weave - I`ve had when they 1st came out

Anyhow, Amazon seems go have -alot- that look very similar to TRC Diamond Weave. I have yet to decide to stick with TRC or go with some of the similar CHICOM offerings on Amazon, where for the same price as TRC, I get like 2X-3X of them at the same price.
    I can`t comment on the diamond towels but most of the knock off towels Jeff sells are usually significantly lower quality. They do the job though and seem to be an OK value for me. I spend a lot of time looking for reviews where someone has compared the copy to the original.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information