Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t pick a Shampoo.....

Hello Boi`s -

Been awhile. I`ve scrolled through some recent posts and still have yet to form a consensus.
    Reset is my TopTier Shampoo and have plenty of deck.

I want something just as lubcrious, cleans just as well but just a tad less potent for the more frequent wash regimen.

I was leaning on giving 3D Nano a go, but more than a few post over here suggest it doesn`t not smell well, it not gives a funk to the wash media. Lotsa posts seem to still like Hyperwash. It`s been ages since I`ve used HW and when I did, I preferred Griots (back when their shampoo was good). My last 2 jugs of Griots was watered down no lubricious non cleaning reformulated ###...

Never tried Poorboys but I do believe it`s well regarded . Or maybe I should try the McKee`s...

Many may recommend Pink. Maybe it`s my water. I did not like it

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can`t pick a Shampoo.....

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Hello Boi`s -

Been awhile. I`ve scrolled through some recent posts and still have yet to form a consensus.
    Reset is my TopTier Shampoo and have plenty of deck.

I want something just as lubcrious, cleans just as well but just a tad less potent for the more frequent wash regimen.

I was leaning on giving 3D Nano a go, but more than a few post over here suggest it doesn`t not smell well, it not gives a funk to the wash media. Lotsa posts seem to still like Hyperwash. It`s been ages since I`ve used HW and when I did, I preferred Griots (back when their shampoo was good). My last 2 jugs of Griots was watered down no lubricious non cleaning reformulated ###...

Never tried Poorboys but I do believe it`s well regarded . Or maybe I should try the McKee`s...
    You could also try diluting reset 1:750 for instance. Just a suggestion.

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t pick a Shampoo.....

How about Koch Chemie gsf or Optimum car wash? Why not use Reset every wash? Or higher dilution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I do generally use Reset as my main. Granted a little goes a looooong way in a bucket, if I dilute more, it`s not a lubricious

Post Thanks / Like

I do generally use Reset as my main. Granted a little goes a looooong way in a bucket, if I dilute more, it`s not a lubricious
    You might like GSF. Reset is really good though. I don’t see a reason for switching other than just trying something new or more economical.

Post Thanks / Like

add 1/2 oz of a rinseless product maybe? Just popped in my head lol i have never tried it. I use reset 500:1. I don`t have the work schedule to wash my car every 2 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any rinseless in my stash.....years, decades ago, I did buy ONR. it was never for me...I like water and lots of it.
    I don`t even measure my shampoo. Eyeball a squeeze out of my bottle. If it needs more, I give it a small -glug- more. I adjust to how dirty the car is....but this time of the year, even on weekly washes, and semi WFH, cars have been pretty clean.

It`s when they get driven in the rain....that`s a whole `nuta thread
    But reset for sure will clean it up real good....

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t have any rinseless in my stash.....years, decades ago, I did buy ONR. it was never for me...I like water and lots of it.
    I don`t even measure my shampoo. Eyeball a squeeze out of my bottle. If it needs more, I give it a small -glug- more. I adjust to how dirty the car is....but this time of the year, even on weekly washes, and semi WFH, cars have been pretty clean.

It`s when they get driven in the rain....that`s a whole `nuta thread
    But reset for sure will clean it up real good....
    I’m a fan of rinseless washes but I’ve never seen the use in adding it to a bucket wash. My cars are like yours, stay pretty clean. Most soaps will work. Especially when I dump quite a bit of it on the paint with a foam cannon.

Post Thanks / Like

HyperWash is what most people use that’s more economical. Rates well on AG and here on Autopia.

Others that pop up in these soap threads are Optimum Car Wash and Adams Car shampoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been using 3D Pink soap via foam gun for quite a while now with no complaints. I just eyeball how much I use.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with Coatings. The HyperWash or Adam`s blue car wash are both very decent products and economical to use. Both have loads of suds...
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I am somebody who likes to switch up products quite a bit, and shampoos seem to be what I go through the quickest. Reset has been one of my favorite soaps, and is absolutely fantastic. Lately I have been using CarPro Lift and foaming the car with that as a pre rinse, then using Ethos Ceramic Shampoo which is just ok, nothing to write home about. I do like Lift though. Reset seems to be that soap that I continually come back to. I have Koch Chemie GSF that I haven`t used yet, but I am excited to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Edited my 1st post to add as a reference as I know many here use Pink as well.
    Have tried that. Did not like it at all.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Hyperwash, but find it has slightly less lubrication than Optimum Car Wash, but it cleans slightly better. The soap with the absolute most lubrication I`ve used is Poorboys Super Slick with Suds. However, despite having tons of lubrication and suds that last for days, I did find it harder to rinse off cleanly and not sure it cleans as well as the other two soaps I`ve already mentioned.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Duragloss has a larger size soap.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information