Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can`t pick a Shampoo.....

I don`t like foaming during a contact wash - but that`s because there`s just too many suds and I can`t see where my mitt is relative to panel.....unless I just arbitrarily move the mitt around and around. Sounds like it`s just reset for now ...

What spurned this post was a finally, used up my last jug of my POS Griots shampoo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Griots, one of my former top shelves. Whatever batch/formula I had in my last two jugs, even after 4-6 large supplemental -glug glugs-, you should hear the screaming in my head on how such a fine product can go so downhill...
    Same sentiments here Of all the products to cheapen, they pick one that gets used so frequently. Why not just keep it the same and raise the price if need be?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Car shampoos are one of those things that I`m never really satisfied with. For a coated car it`s really hard to beat Reset, but for prep/maintenance washes on customer cars Hyper Wash has been my go-to as the gallon seems to last forever. I feel like it foams too much at times and can be hard to rinse all the foaming away, but the cleaning power is nice. Some times I want something a little gentler, so I just ordered some P&S Pearl to try out. Excited to give something new a run.

I tried 3D Pink and wasn`t too impressed with it. The consistency was too thick and it didn`t have very good dilution ratios. It rinses away nice but lacked something for me...

Another shampoo that I was pretty impressed with was from that Undrdog brand. Not here trying to shill that stuff as sooo many people do on some of the FB groups, but their Soap is very comparable to Reset for me. Not quite as concentrated but it has the same consistency and cleans very well. It will absolutely strip away a standard sealant/wax though so it`s best as a prep soap or coating maintenance soap. Smells like Hubba Bubba bubblegum too so that`s nice. When used in a foam cannon it clings very well and doesn`t get beaded/shed away by a coating as easily.

I want to find a good wash/wax type soap that has better clean rinsing abilities for my maintenance cars. McKee`s SiO2 seems to get great reviews here, but the price at $60/gallon is a bit excessive for my blood. Has anyone found anything comparable to it? Something that maybe adds some gloss but also protects from staining when washing in the sun. I do mobile detailing at times so sometimes the sun is an unavoidable being.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

On the cheap and not really autopian side of things, I always thought Kit car wash worked pretty well. It might be hard to find now. I don`t think I`ve seen it anywhere locally lately.

Post Thanks / Like

After i finish my CG Honeydew, i went back to one of my all time favs. HYPERWASH. With a dilution of 1oz to 5gal it`s just is hard to beat. Picked up a gallon during the current sales.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER;[URL="tel:2187109"
    2187109[/URL]]After i finish my CG Honeydew, i went back to one of my all time favs. HYPERWASH. With a dilution of 1oz to 5gal it`s just is hard to beat. Picked up a gallon during the current sales.
    I have so much CG Honeydew, I feel like it gets streaky if you don’t rinse it off quickly enough or if it starts to dry. Bought a bunch of Reset but my cars aren’t coated. I may have to try Meg’s Hyperwash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    I have so much CG Honeydew, I feel like it gets streaky if you don’t rinse it off quickly enough or if it starts to dry. Bought a bunch of Reset but my cars aren’t coated. I may have to try Meg’s Hyperwash.
    Hyperwash is hard to beat. My car is smaller so I dilute it at 1 oz to 3 gal. Recommended ratio is 400:1 which works out to 1 oz to 3.125 gal. Works great on coated cars as well!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, next time I see it on sale, I’ll pick some up!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonTheWell View Post
    Thanks, next time I see it on sale, I’ll pick some up!
    Hyperwash occupies space on my shelf right next to Reset....you will like it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    On the cheap and not really autopian side of things, I always thought Kit car wash worked pretty well. It might be hard to find now. I don`t think I`ve seen it anywhere locally lately.
    Just because something`s "OTC consumer-level" stuff that doesn`t mean it`s [crap]! I haven`t seen *anything* Kit for ages though...

Speaking of which....my internal Wayback Machine has been hankering to revisit the scent of...get this ....TW`s Zip Wax Car Wash! Sheesh...I`d better lose that thought before I waste some $
    Thanks noorth, wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Still cannot decide on a wash soap? Here`s some wash soap characteristics to consider:
    (Hey, wrote this in post #9 in the thread 3D Super Soap versus Meg`s Pro-Detailer Hyperwash)
    1) Cleaning ability.
    2) Lubricity
    3) Foaming ability and how how long the foam lasts, because this determines if it "clings" to vertical surfaces
    4a) Compatibility with hard water
    4b) Compatibility with COLD water; IE, does it dissolve in cold water as I have in Green Bay, WI from my Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water supply.
    5) Rinse ability; IE, does it rinse clean and leave little soap residue as it dries.
    6) Fragrance, which might be important to someone who is fragrance-intolerant or allergic to certain chemical fragrances.
    7a) Dilution ratio; IE, how much per gallon of water is needed to achieve its cleaning ability and still last
    7b) Cost per ounce, which is hand-in-hand with dilution
    8) Viscosity; IE, does it pour easily and is it easy to meter/measure out
    9) Availability; IE, bought over-the-counter (brick-n-mortar store) or "boutique" (reseller/distributor/dealer/factory-direct) internet ordered.
    10) Can it be used in the sun, which MOST soaps cannot (I avoid washing in the sun at all costs. NEVER had a good outcome by doing so with our hard Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water. Maybe if I used distilled/ionized water that would yield different results. I think the only car-wash soaps I know of that can be used in direct sun are Poor Boy`s World Super Slick-n-Suds at $45.00/gallon and McKee`s 37 SiO2 Wash Soap at $60.00/gallon, which are getting on the "pricey" side for me compared to Hyper Wash`s $30.00/gallon last I checked internet prices)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

For number #10 I`ve used Optimum Car Wash and Hyperwash in direct sunlight. My driveway has no shade at all. The key to them, and maybe most soaps in those conditions is to wash and rinse a panel at a time. You might get a little water spotting, but at lease you don`t have any dried soap to also worry about.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information