Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I can`t pick a Shampoo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Duragloss is what I used before 3D Pink
    Doesn`t that have a "cherry" scent? (Scare-quotes intentional on that "cherry" )

Post Thanks / Like

Yep , cherry scent or fragrance supposed to resemble it. It’s not so much so to be off putting though.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Troy, I used my new bottle of Gentle Snow Foam (Gsf) this morning. Seems like a tremendous product in terms of cleaning power and it rinses quicker than anything I can remember in recent history. Nice odor, they call it "cherry". I noticed it liberated much of the crap that gets thrown up on the bumper by the rear tires. Very impressive - - I typically have to reach for an APC or the P21S orange cleaner to free up the tar and junk during the summer months. I like this a lot !!

Post Thanks / Like

This detailing subject seems to a topic that constantly come up in this forum. I would refer to the thread for more discussion:
    Car wash
    (my posts are #6 and #49)
    OR
    3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?
    OR
    Soaps : What`s your daily
    OR
    Anyone Using a Coating Prep Wash Soap?

Here`s the "problem": What type of vehicle washing are you doing? By that I mean are you doing a maintenance wash? Are you washing a coated vehicle? Are you washing a really dirty vehicle, like an off-road truck or dirt-road driven vehicle (a lot of that in Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan`s Upper Peninsula)? Are you washing to prep for a LSP/coating application? Are you washing in the sun? Are you washing with a foam gun AND/or are you using a power pressure washer? Specific car wash soaps/shampoos are made for each type of wash scenario described above, so picking ONE soap/shampoo may be difficult. I don`t think there is a One-Size-Fits-All "general use" soap. Plus, there are lot of soaps coming from European car-care manufacturers that may be difficult to procure here in the USA, but may be very good.
    I say that because in the referenced threads above I have 6 different soaps in my detailing arsenal as a hobbyists. I currently use Rain Dance Truck and SUV Heavy Duty Soap mixed with Turtle Wax Max Soap because the vehicles I wash tend to be pretty dirty. My preferred soap is Meg`s Detailer Line D110 Hyper Wash , which I consider pretty close to a "general use" soap, but I am out of that, so I resorted to the two Over-The-Counter (OTC) soaps mentioned above and they do work for me and they are very inexpensive (AKA cheap, like me!).

To the Original Poster (OP) mobiledynamics, in the end, tell us Autopian which you soap(s) picked out and why.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Troy, I used my new bottle of Gentle Snow Foam (Gsf) this morning. Seems like a tremendous product in terms of cleaning power and it rinses quicker than anything I can remember in recent history. Nice odor, they call it "cherry". I noticed it liberated much of the crap that gets thrown up on the bumper by the rear tires. Very impressive - - I typically have to reach for an APC or the P21S orange cleaner to free up the tar and junk during the summer months. I like this a lot !!

Tom,
    That’s good to hear. It helps to solidify my opinion. I’m glad you like it.

also for others reading this and possibly my opinions and suggestions above. I noted the the DG soap had a “cherry” scent I didn’t care for but that GSF also says the same thing. The DG soap to me is that overpowering cough syrup scent when in the bottle that lessens when put into a bucket. But the GSF is only lightly scented and doesn’t bother me personally.
    Likes tom p. liked this post
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, the scent from the Gsf is very mild, very different compared to the DG shampoo.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if it’s still avab britemax shampoo was on sale 2000/1 ratio or something like that or 3D nano drum super soap or hyperwash I try to get the most concentrated ones. I can’t tell any difference between the 3

Post Thanks / Like

Thx all. I did a brief look at GSF and that shampoo was not even on my radar (Reset has been my top tier). Didn`t really need/want a replacement, just wanted something to supplement it for those -clean- washes. The price for GSF seems pretty inline with reset......and I have boatloads of it. It`s economical enough for me....I guess maybe I should try cutting it down more and finding a sweet spot on dilution

On foam or pre-foam.....I still have SOOO much Auto Finesse....I use it maybe 2X a year on the pre-foam winter pre-wash
    Don`t really use my foam cannon aside from that these days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    The rinsing part is where I think it stands out. Easy to rinse and doesn’t reactivate the soap. Especially nice for DI/spotless final rinses.

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Thx all. I did a brief look at GSF and that shampoo was not even on my radar (Reset has been my top tier). Didn`t really need/want a replacement, just wanted something to supplement it for those -clean- washes. The price for GSF seems pretty inline with reset......and I have boatloads of it. It`s economical enough for me....I guess maybe I should try cutting it down more and finding a sweet spot on dilution

On foam or pre-foam.....I still have SOOO much Auto Finesse....I use it maybe 2X a year on the pre-foam winter pre-wash
    Don`t really use my foam cannon aside from that these days
    What’s a clean wash and why cut reset down? Is it degrading your protection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Reset cleans so well - it`s pretty strong stuff. But that par and parcel why I like it.....it`s lubricious and cleans well...
    Clean wash - cars are relatively clean. No road film, just the attracted -dust/debris- from driving on the panels. I just looking for something equally as lubricious but not as strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Reset cleans so well - it`s pretty strong stuff. But that par and parcel why I like it.....it`s lubricious and cleans well...
    Clean wash - cars are relatively clean. No road film, just the attracted -dust/debris- from driving on the panels. I just looking for something equally as lubricious but not as strong.
    Do you use a foam cannon? I feel like most decent soaps are just a lubricious if you add enough

Post Thanks / Like

Only cannon in winter for the dwell-pre soak with what is probably a high/higher ph soap. I stopped foaming - didn`t see much of a difference in most of my washing.

For winter grime, I guess I`m doing it so whatever muck it will get off on a 1st pass before that mechanical wash ....as washing is a mechanical wash for me so every bit helps

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rand0m View Post
    I feel like most decent soaps are just a lubricious if you add enough
    Griots, one of my former top shelves. Whatever batch/formula I had in my last two jugs, even after 4-6 large supplemental -glug glugs-, you should hear the screaming in my head on how such a fine product can go so downhill. I don`t think even 16oz in a wash bucket would have made any difference

Post Thanks / Like

Griots, one of my former top shelves. Whatever batch/formula I had in my last two jugs, even after 4-6 large supplemental -glug glugs-, you should hear the screaming in my head on how such a fine product can go so downhill. I don`t think even 16oz in a wash bucket would have made any difference
    Definitely more noticeable when you compare soaps from a bucket. 2oz of Reset in a canon feels like 4oz of other soaps to me (hyperwash, optimum, Adam`s). I like foaming since its an easy way to add more lubricity for a contact wash. I only pre-foam/soak like you when the car is really dirty. Bilt Hamber Autofoam is my go to for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Funny that you say that....my mechanic swore by Griots for years.....last bottle he got performed exactly how you described. I gave him 16oz of HyperWash....I think he has a new favorite

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information