Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon feedback

I just purchased a pressure washer, and am going to get a foam cannon. Does anyone have recommendations for a good-quality (not top-of-the line) cannon?

Thanks.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Foam cannon feedback

The MJJC foam cannons are popular. I have one called bravex, its a great little unit. Sturdy and big mouth opening.

Far as i can tell bravex is an american company but i threw away the packing before i looked to see where its made. Its nowhere to be seen on the unit so i assume china.

Post Thanks / Like

Griots just came out with one that is getting very good reviews....the Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon...retails for around 60.00 I think
    Likes noorth, DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAC17 View Post
    I just purchased a pressure washer, and am going to get a foam cannon. Does anyone have recommendations for a good-quality (not top-of-the line) cannon?

Thanks.
    If electric just save your money and buy The MTM. Flows the best, thickest foam and uses less product.

I’ve tried several and non compare on my Ryobi. If i did it again and absolutely wanted to save $30-40 dollars (again don’t recommend for the love of all things detail) I’d get the SudMagic one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    If electric just save your money and buy The MTM. Flows the best, thickest foam and uses less product.

I’ve tried several and non compare on my Ryobi. If i did it again and absolutely wanted to save $30-40 dollars (again don’t recommend for the love of all things detail) I’d get the SudMagic one.

Did you watch forensic detailing channel recently comparing all kinds of foam cannons? MTM done well but it was nowhere near worth the extra price you pay and the MTM bottle is crap, lets face it. It wasn`t any better in foam either compared to a few of the other cannons, minor differences.

MTM is like rupes polishers, keeping up with the jones lol

That said my kobrajet hose is very nice.
    Likes DAC17 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Foam cannon feedback

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Did you watch forensic detailing channel recently comparing all kinds of foam cannons? MTM done well but it was nowhere near worth the extra price you pay and the MTM bottle is crap, lets face it. It wasn`t any better in foam either compared to a few of the other cannons, minor differences.

Have you tried the MTM?

What PW did john use? If I’m giving my experience with my electric ryobi with low GPM. Also he’s from Engand, you, Canada. All of us have different water, environment and contamination.

I’ve used 5 different ones, all with the smaller orifice. The SudMagic, Matcc, Griots BOSS, another Amazon cheapy with 4.5 star reviews. The MTM produced a thicker foam that clung better.

Maybe you take reviewers you like word like gospel but i’ve found there results may not be my own.

These are my opinion’s which the OP asked for on products i’ve tried. Not what someone’s opinion that i’m just gonna trust....

Sorry but if you haven’t tried the MTM your point is moot. Just add a link to Jon’s video.

Also I have not had issues with the bottle at all. I don’t lay on the ground i hang on my cleaning bucket.

And Rupes is a better built polisher than most save the flex. People buy it for dependability, quality or status.

I have no qualms about spending Rupes money if needed but trying a Mark II i believe it was not worth it for me who is going to do 2-4 cars a year. The MTM is worth the $30-40 extra

YMMV.

Just like your Kobra Jet. I’ve tried nothing else so i can’t comment. My flexzilla has been great

Post Thanks / Like

I have an Amazon cheapie and an MTM PF22. Both have the 1.1mm orifice in them. There is no comparison in the build quality, and the MTM definitely makes better foam. Is it `4x the price` better than the cheap one...that is up to the user.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Griots just came out with one that is getting very good reviews....the Brilliant Finish Foam Cannon...retails for around 60.00 I think
    I picked one of these up this spring. Got it for ~$45 I think, maybe on sale. Great thick foam. It stands up without tipping over. Comes with both the 1.1 and 1.25 orifice. My only complaint is the stainless ball on the pick up hose is rusting.....

Post Thanks / Like

Get the MTM at AG when they have %25 off sale. It’ll be $60ish. Absolutely worth the $20

Likes Bindytou liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Get the MTM at AG when they have %25 off sale. It’ll be $60ish. Absolutely worth the $20

Just looked at the PF22.2 on AG......there is a caveat there that says "additional discounts not applicable"...for the heck of it, I added it to my cart and tried to apply the current 20 pct discount....it did not apply it to the PF22.2.....but MTM products are not listed as excluded from the sale....kind of odd

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DAC17 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I get excellent foam with my foam cannon frankly. Foam doesn`t clean anyway lol

MTM is for professionals. You can easily repair it. The MTM cannon doesn`t make more foam then every cannon on the market. Its just not the way is it. Its a very long lasting, repairable unit. With a terrible bottle. Unless you want to upgrade another $50.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried the MTM?

What PW did john use? If I’m giving my experience with my electric ryobi with low GPM. Also he’s from Engand, you, Canada. All of us have different water, environment and contamination.

I’ve used 5 different ones, all with the smaller orifice. The SudMagic, Matcc, Griots BOSS, another Amazon cheapy with 4.5 star reviews. The MTM produced a thicker foam that clung better.

Maybe you take reviewers you like word like gospel but i’ve found there results may not be my own.

These are my opinion’s which the OP asked for on products i’ve tried. Not what someone’s opinion that i’m just gonna trust....

Sorry but if you haven’t tried the MTM your point is moot. Just add a link to Jon’s video.

Also I have not had issues with the bottle at all. I don’t lay on the ground i hang on my cleaning bucket.

And Rupes is a better built polisher than most save the flex. People buy it for dependability, quality or status.

I have no qualms about spending Rupes money if needed but trying a Mark II i believe it was not worth it for me who is going to do 2-4 cars a year. The MTM is worth the $30-40 extra

YMMV.

Just like your Kobra Jet. I’ve tried nothing else so i can’t comment. My flexzilla has been great

I don`t need to try a MTM.

The foam i make with my setup is picture worthy i guess lol Lots and lots of foam. You can watch it run down the street.

Edit: My pressure washer is the little powerhouse known here as the simonize 1800 platinum. The active VE52 of something.

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t need to try a MTM.

The foam i make with my setup is picture worthy i guess lol Lots and lots of foam. You can watch it run down the street.

Edit: My pressure washer is the little powerhouse known here as the simonize 1800 platinum. The active VE52 of something.
    The active has a good flow rate. 1.7 true gpm. A roybi, greenworks and most box store electric PW don’t.

In that case the MTM makes better foam. Alot of people here have stated that who have tried it.... which you have not.

It’s like saying a Griots G15 is as good as a Rupes when you’ve never tried it.... you make no sense.

OP read around on the forum and see what people who have actually tried the MTM and other inferior ones.

I did not want to buy several foam cannons but tried the inexpensive route and did not work for me.

Reading around in AG, Autopia and Detail World this was the consensus.

Or you can take the recommendation of someone who’s never tried it.

Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Just looked at the PF22.2 on AG......there is a caveat there that says "additional discounts not applicable"...for the heck of it, I added it to my cart and tried to apply the current 20 pct discount....it did not apply it to the PF22.2.....but MTM products are not listed as excluded from the sale....kind of odd

Yeah when I bought mine I thought you could get the discounts.... weird. I bought mine fron MTM direct as the like to send out coupons.... paid like $68 for it.

MTM seeks to be jacking up there prices on there website... it’s $119. The sell it themselves cheaper on Amazon.

If one is wanting to purchase Adam’s has it for $89 and you can use there 20% off to get it for $72.

Screen grab it and have AG price match it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information