Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

I like Pan , I dont know who Scott is. I take all these test with a grain of salt. Right now I like the new TW ice spray wax. If you use a coating that will last a year or more , and ask a question about what to use to maintaine it, isent that silly. If it is suposed to last a year you should only need to wash it. I myself would rather use a spray wax once a month and the car will always look good Too many people get carried away.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think Budget makes a fair point but the once a panel moves it is arguably subject to even more variance from driving, contamination, product placement on panel etc... there is no alternative to trying a few of the consistently highly rated ones for yourself.

Look at Chicago Auto Pros video... those on the bonnet took a battering because of heat, the sides and rear because of traffic film and salt, the flat surfaces because of iron and limescale. At least all products on Scott`s panels are subjected to the exact same conditions albeit not consistent nor representative.. over the year he seems to get temperature swings at both extremes which when measuring a longer term product`s durability gives some confidence that they `can` last at such extremes.

I like ScottHD - he beats the `I can`t be bought` drum pretty hard (including throwing another under the bus) but we have to remember, there is significant goodwill on his part, I`d say he`s unlikely to be making money such is the nature of his testing. It is very hard to be overly critical of a guy who puts so much effort into something that is clearly a passion, publicises results with the intention of helping others and has in no way tried to monetise his channel despite the clear time and cost he himself incurs.
    Likes PoisonTheWell, roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    I think Budget makes a fair point but the once a panel moves it is arguably subject to even more variance from driving, contamination, product placement on panel etc... there is no alternative to trying a few of the consistently highly rated ones for yourself.

Look at Chicago Auto Pros video... those on the bonnet took a battering because of heat, the sides and rear because of traffic film and salt, the flat surfaces because of iron and limescale. At least all products on Scott`s panels are subjected to the exact same conditions albeit not consistent nor representative.. over the year he seems to get temperature swings at both extremes which when measuring a longer term product`s durability gives some confidence that they `can` last at such extremes.

I like ScottHD - he beats the `I can`t be bought` drum pretty hard (including throwing another under the bus) but we have to remember, there is significant goodwill on his part, I`d say he`s unlikely to be making money such is the nature of his testing. It is very hard to be overly critical of a guy who puts so much effort into something that is clearly a passion, publicises results with the intention of helping others and has in no way tried to monetise his channel despite the clear time and cost he himself incurs.
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Every review he gets paid for says it when his video’s begin. How is that dishonest? All Scott did was make himself look stupid by trying to grab viewers by starting Drama. Maybe he’ll start a drama filled reality show next....

How was he dishonest? His end of the year reviews on which products work best. Higher the bidder ...higher the ranking for starters.
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    How was he dishonest? His end of the year reviews on which products work best. Higher the bidder ...higher the ranking for starters.
    There’s at least one thread where to discuss this. This thread is about ScottHD’s tests and maybe comparing the other long time tests.

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have learned from ScottHD reviews is that many companies products are not consistent from bottle to bottle. Three bottles of the same product and each bottle will give different results. I found that interesting and it explains why even people here on Autopia will get different results on certain products.
    Likes Cadfael, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Lol...yeah lets not make up things and just stick to the topic. Interesting test but needs a better selection of coatings.

Maybe put it on a rolling car. He fit all this on a test hood, could have bigger section on a roof, hood and trunk.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lol...yeah lets not make up things and just stick to the topic. Interesting test but needs a better selection of coatings.

Maybe put it on a rolling car. He fit all this on a test hood, could have bigger section on a roof, hood and trunk.....

Why don`t you do a test and post it on youtube since you know all of the answers. It`s easy to criticize others....

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know everthing.... far from it. Never said I did. I’m just commenting on your Pan top 10 list and how there paid for. Couldn’t find anything on it.....

That’s a bold claim to just throw out there..... would gladly admit i’m wrong if you didn’t make it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post

I`ll try to get the discussion back on the rails.

Agree with the above about environment variables and use cases are very diverse and everyone will experience something different. With this in mind, I`ll never depend on one source for test results and I really don`t think a static panel test would be a great idea for this reason either. I`ll use two of our esteemed members here for as an example. The Guz in California will see very different conditions from BudgetPlan in Ohio. While BudgetPlan`s climate is much closer to my own, I won`t discount Guz`s results, because if I finds a product fails quickly in a mild climate, I know it won`t stand a chance. Both are important in learning about the application experience.

True experience comes from lots of data points. Even in this one thread, one person stated CQuartz lasted on a few months on his truck, while I have one car which has worn CQuartz UK 2.0 on it for three years and it`s still going strong.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Oneheadlite, Cadfael liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

If I put a real durable coating on a car, I`d expect it to hold up as a stand alone. Sure anyone can claim 5 or 7 years durability with yearly boosters and SIO2 washes.
    Likes Cadfael liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It tells me what to use on my `73 Nova sitting on jackstands in my backyard if I lived in Texas (I believe that`s where he is located). Probably doesn`t tell me what would work best on my `73 Nova sitting on jackstands in my backyard in Buffalo, NY though.
    You`re in Buffalo? Where about`s? I`m in Amherst right across from the Northtown Toyota dealership
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Britsdaddy View Post
    You`re in Buffalo? Where about`s? I`m in Amherst right across from the Northtown Toyota dealership
    Actually I`m in NE Ohio, kinda Cleveland. I sometimes use Buffalo as a similar climate example, a city without the negative connotations of the Cleveland Browns and a river that caught fire numerous times. ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...969-180972444/
    Thanks wannafbody thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Actually I`m in NE Ohio, kinda Cleveland. I sometimes use Buffalo as a similar climate example, a city without the negative connotations of the Cleveland Browns and a river that caught fire numerous times. ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...969-180972444/
    well played
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    If I put a real durable coating on a car, I`d expect it to hold up as a stand alone. Sure anyone can claim 5 or 7 years durability with yearly boosters and SIO2 washes.
    That’s where I’m at re coating.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information