Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It tells me what to use on my `73 Nova sitting on jackstands in my backyard if I lived in Texas (I believe that`s where he is located). Probably doesn`t tell me what would work best on my `73 Nova sitting on jackstands in my backyard in Buffalo, NY though.
    What I`m trying to say is that if a 3 year coating can`t make it to a year on a panel that just sits outside, then I would expect to last even less if it`s on a car that actually driven.
    Likes PoisonTheWell, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sixsix View Post
    What I`m trying to say is that if a 3 year coating can`t make it to a year on a panel that just sits outside, then I would expect to last even less if it`s on a car that actually driven.
    In general, that would be my thought as well but given a more extreme example, is it possible that a particular coatings` formulation is more or less resistant to individual climate conditions? Say coating `A` had a makeup that was more resistant to extreme UV conditions like in Phoenix AZ but afforded less protection to things like non-UV related environmentally abusive conditions and coating `B` which had greater chemical resistance but lesser UV protection, something that would do better sitting under acid rain in another area that did not have nuclear sunshine?

Too many variables to definitively come to consistent conclusions.
    Likes Coatings=crack, sixsix liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Stopped paying attention to him after all his Pan jealousy and hate. Tunimg in more for [mention]The Guz [/mention] current coating tests.

Imitally though.... wasn’t excited about the products Scott used...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Me too, i was turned off from all that....., whatever it was.

I think most know Pan is more bias then most youtubers, it was no secret. I still don`t know what the point of it all was. Destroy pan i guess, he has never sold me anything. After the video with him at TW i was out. lol I don`t need any protection from scottHD or urdog or something, people make their own choices on what to buy or not. I would never buy anything from undrdog personally.

Scott used a lot of products i never even heard of, not that its bad.

Post Thanks / Like

ScottHD ceramic coating test 2 year update thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Me too, i was turned off from all that....., whatever it was.

I think most know Pan is more bias then most youtubers, it was no secret. I still don`t know what the point of it all was. Destroy pan i guess, he has never sold me anything. After the video with him at TW i was out. lol I don`t need any protection from scottHD or urdog or something, people make their own choices on what to buy or not. I would never buy anything from undrdog personally.

Scott used a lot of products i never even heard of, not that its bad.
    Pan lost me at Bead Maker as I did not has the exuberance as him. My beef was Pan list on all his video that it is a paid endorsement when it is.

When someone sent him the Nova Lustre and Jet to try he admitted that and gave them credit. I watch his video’s as i would a commercial.

What Scott did was out him for getting paid which we all already knew if you paid attention to his video like pan or not he was honest.

For UndrDog and Scott to leak his financials pointless and just trying to start drama to increase views I feel. Bad form.

Don’t really watch either anymore....

Likes noorth, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Pan lost me at Bead Maker as I did not has the exuberance as him. My beef was Pan list on all his video that it is a paid endorsement when it is.

When someone sent him the Nova Lustre and Jet to try he admitted that and gave them credit. I watch his video’s as i would a commercial.

What Scott did was out him for getting paid which we all already knew if you paid attention to his video like pan or not he was honest.

For UndrDog and Scott to leak his financials pointless and just trying to start drama to increase vues I feel. Bad form.

Don’t really watch either anymore....

I actually just watched scotthd`s 2 mth update lol I guess i`m a sucker. Where he finds all these products is interesting. He must spend hours on amazon and ebay looking for these products or something.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I like his videos. Maybe people with more experience can poke holes in his reviews, but as I see it, he treats every product the same. His process is simple and repeatable, and you really can`t ask for more in a test.
    Likes Fskof, PoisonTheWell, roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

While the comparison`s hold little interest for me he did do a neat vid on PPF and how it conceals less than perfect paint.

https://youtu.be/GrtxwxsRVuw

Post Thanks / Like

Pan Jealousy?...lol I`m glad ScottHD called him out on his dishonest reviews.
    Likes roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I actually just watched scotthd`s 2 mth update lol I guess i`m a sucker. Where he finds all these products is interesting. He must spend hours on amazon and ebay looking for these products or something.
    He ask`s the viewers what they would like to see tested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I like his videos. Maybe people with more experience can poke holes in his reviews, but as I see it, he treats every product the same. His process is simple and repeatable, and you really can`t ask for more in a test.
    I agree. What I also like is how he will test the same product multiple times from different batches to see if the results are consistent.
    Likes roscopervis liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fskof View Post
    Pan Jealousy?...lol I`m glad ScottHD called him out on his dishonest reviews.
    Every review he gets paid for says it when his video’s begin. How is that dishonest? All Scott did was make himself look stupid by trying to grab viewers by starting Drama. Maybe he’ll start a drama filled reality show next....

Likes Cadfael, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Could we not turn this into a Pan vs Scott thread. Nobody cares anymore about this. This defeats the purpose for this thread.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Cadfael, atbalfour, roscopervis liked this post
    Thanks Cadfael thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Could we not turn this into a Pan vs Scott thread. Nobody cares anymore about this. This defeats the purpose for this thread.
    Thanks. Definitely not the intention of me starting. We had enough of those.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not for either.... both have faults...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I agree. You get what you see. Back on topic. Sorry to hijack there folks, i actually always liked scotthd tests. Real world probably not but you get some interesting info and he definitely puts way more effort into it then i would.. lol He`s obviously not lazy like me haha Takes a lot of work i would say for what he is doing.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Coatings=crack liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information