Post Thanks / Like

Ech2o as rinseless

After coating my wife’s Navigator with CQuartz Lite, I bought some Ech2o to clean it. Put it in a spray bottle at about 1:15 to use as waterless first. Worked surprisingly well. Think the combo of the product and the coating made it clean easily. Only bummer was that I had to go back and buff it for streaks. Knew this was a probability and I guess it’s wort( it for the shine.

Today, after some rare rain here lately, decided to give it a go as a rinseless. Put 2 gallons in a 5 gallon Borg bucket then then added 1.5 oz to it (read .75 oz to gallon was good). Worked a treat. Cleaned well, felt slipper, and left a great shine behind. Didn’t notice any need to go back and buff at this dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ech2o as rinseless

I use 1oz per gallon, which is a little heavy, probably the .75 that you used would be better. The wildest part about using this as a rinseless is I use the leftover on the tires and wheels, and it actually seems to remove that between-wash tire browning without doing any scrubbing, and turn them back to a "new tire" black that lasts a while.

I only bought it because they changed from 4 liter to 1 gal packaging a few years ago and someone was blowing out the 4 liter bottles for a really good price. I`ve never used it as a waterless. The only thing I don`t like about it as a rinseless is it leaves an oily film in the buckets and it seems like something you don`t really want to stick your bare hands in which I`ll sometimes do with ONR etc., especially since nitrile gloves are still 4 times the price they used to be.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I have ECHO2 as well. Last time I used an ounce for about 2 gallons. Car wasn`t really dirty. Leaves a nice shine and beads well. An ounce a gallon sounds a bit strong. Overall it`s a nice product but I feel that Duragloss rinseless is a better value.
    Likes Cadfael liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Next time I may try an ounce for two gallons. It worked well enough at 1.5 to 2 gallons that it might be strong enough at that level.

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy it. It does take a little more swipes when using it as a waterless wash. I rarely use it as a waterless wash as I’m not a fan of them.

Works great as a QD at 1:20 and the dilution for a rinseless is 1:200 which is pretty typical from most rinseless washes.

It surprisingly cleans well. Leaves a very nice glossy finish.

Corey made this recently.

https://youtu.be/r2of2p0tACQ
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

1:200 would be roughly 1 ounce per 2 gallons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Corey made this recently.

https://youtu.be/r2of2p0tACQ
    It`s pronounced "echo"? That`s a lot easier than "ech-two-oh", which is how I`ve been saying it.
    Likes The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    After coating my wife’s Navigator with CQuartz Lite, I bought some Ech2o to clean it. Put it in a spray bottle at about 1:15 to use as waterless first. Worked surprisingly well. Think the combo of the product and the coating made it clean easily. Only bummer was that I had to go back and buff it for streaks. Knew this was a probability and I guess it’s wort( it for the shine.

Today, after some rare rain here lately, decided to give it a go as a rinseless. Put 2 gallons in a 5 gallon Borg bucket then then added 1.5 oz to it (read .75 oz to gallon was good). Worked a treat. Cleaned well, felt slipper, and left a great shine behind. Didn’t notice any need to go back and buff at this dilution.
    I love ech20 has well after just starting to use it the last few mths - great sharp gloss. I found the same, i was letting it flash some before the final buff has a waterless and rinseless i have no issues like yourself.

One of my favorite products i have now already and i have lots. Like many folks here.

FYI it works nice has a clay lube too.

Post Thanks / Like

Switched to ech2o as well after applying Cquartz Lite. I`ve got a bucket marked for the 1:200 dilution and use it with a bunch of eagle 350s. Then the Ultra Black Sponge with the remaining liquid for wheels tires. I`ll do the occasional no pre rinse waterless wash with the same procedure but add a 1:15 prespray with a pump sprayer. I`ve done that waterless method a couple of times by making it all up ahead of time and taking it to a destination with me to use as a time killer while stuck waiting on something.

Thread Information