wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots Black Satin Tire Coating vs Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating...

I`ve tried both tire products on a couple different vehicles. If sprayed with a heavy application the Griots gives a glossy look, if you wipe it down it will be more matte. The Meguiars is a heavy hitter with a deep black glossy look without the heavy greasy look. If allowed to dry neither will sling and both dry to the touch. As for looks, I prefer the Meguiars. Both seem to have similar durability I`d guess on average 3 weeks before the product is pretty much gone looks wise. As for price, clearly the Griots is the winner. The Meguiars is $13 for 8 ounces and the Griots is $11 for 15 ounces.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Black Satin Tire Coating vs Meguiars Ultimate Black Tire Coating...

wannafbody:
    Were these products used on the SAME vehicle, one product applied to front tire and the other applied to the back OR were they applied on different vehicles with different tire manufacturers? And were these tires cleaned with the same tire cleaner product and methodology?
    My reason for asking is to take the subjective variables out of this comparison and that the application is not affected by "different" tire cleaning methods on "different" tires. NOT trying to dis your methods or say to you are doing this comparison "wrong", but a true comparison is usually done side-by-side at the same time under identical circumstances for a subjective (IE, in the eye of the beholder) evaluation (IE, your opinion).

Which tire coating are you going to choose to continue using on your vehicle(s) OR was this just a comparison test to satisfy your own curiosity?
    You must have used other tire gel/shine products in the past. How do these two tire coatings compare to some others you may have used?
    GB detailer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I applied these to 3 different vehicles. The Griots was applied to a set of cleaned all terrain tires on my F150. These tires are much larger than the low profile tires I used the Meguiars on. I will state that if you are doing a truck, you`d probably get 1 application out of a can of the Meguiars, maybe 2 if they are lower profile truck tires. I used the Meguiars on an older set of low profile tires and a brand new set of tires. The Meguiars has less of a plastic sheen than the Griots(when it isn`t wiped down with an applicator).

Going forward, I`ll continue to use the Griots on my truck. It fits the bill for durability and value. The Meguiars, even on low profile tires will probably only give 4 or 5 applications per can. I`ll probably try something else on my car once the can is empty. It`s a nice product, I just don`t feel that it`s a good value.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a small update. We`ve had some heavy rain. The Griots took a bit of a hit in the looks department. The Meguiars has held up better but it`s not exactly an apples to apples comparison. Due to uneven coverage, I had to apply two coatings of the Meguiars Ultimate Black. Still, I`m pretty sure the Meguiars is more water resistant than the Griots Black Satin.

Thread Information