Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

So, just picked up a gallon of Hyperwash, and I swore I`d keep my selections down to CarPro Reset and Hyperwash. I saw 3D products on sale on another website, and their Super Soap has always intrigued me. It looks like it has a pretty economical dilution rate, but, then again, so does Hyperwash. Has anyone tried both?....if so. what conclusions did you come away with?

Post Thanks / Like

3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

I use both and just like you told myself I`d limit to Hyperwash and Reset.

Since buying Super Soap I haven`t really used either of the other products.

They all work well. I only have a little bit of Reset left so perhaps I`m saving it for those times I think I need a little more aggressive wash on a coated vehicle but really if that were the case there are other options for that.

I also use Super Soap to wash the outside windows of my house. It works great without streaking when I squeegee dry them.

One downside that I do not care for with Super Soap is it can make my wash media smell bad if it sits too long (for days/weeks) before they go into the wash machine. Which is odd because it has a really nice subtle scent at the start.

Other than that I could use Super Soap as my only contact wash soap and be very happy with it.

Super Soap seemed to have fewer "bad" things in it which 3D seems to focus on with their formulas. I trust them to make safer products for me to use than other companies.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

I`ve used 3D`s Pink Soap and I also have a gallon of the Hyperwash. I didn`t have much love for the 3D product and didn`t buy again. I`ve got way too many soaps. However, I`ve been using the Hyperwash for probably a year. Great product, I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I like its characteristics and the price is more than reasonable. My confidence is high that I`ll buy it again once this initial gallon is gone and that`s about the strongest endorsement I can offer. The only knock on the Megauiar`s product is 1 gallon being the smallest size, AFAIK.

Enjoy! I think you`ll like it, Briar!
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used 3D Pink Soap exclusively for some time now. It`s perfect for Accumulator`s wash technique.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I`ve used 3D`s Pink Soap and I also have a gallon of the Hyperwash. I didn`t have much love for the 3D product and didn`t buy again. I`ve got way too many soaps. However, I`ve been using the Hyperwash for probably a year. Great product, I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I like its characteristics and the price is more than reasonable. My confidence is high that I`ll buy it again once this initial gallon is gone and that`s about the strongest endorsement I can offer. The only knock on the Megauiar`s product is 1 gallon being the smallest size, AFAIK.

Enjoy! I think you`ll like it, Briar!
    I`m actually on my 2nd gallon of HyperWash. When the first one ran out, I decided I`d try Xtreme Solutions Xtreme suds......which turned out to be an Xtreme disappointment. Brian of Apex Detail spoke very highly of it, so it seemed like a no-brainer. It is now relegated to my wheel bucket and I can not use it up fast enough. If anyone were to drive by my house, I`d gladly give it away. I bought another gallon of HyperWash, and tonight I bought 64oz of the Super Soap to satisfy my curiosity. It was 25pct off and I just could not pass it up.

I just wanted to see what others experiences have been with the two of them.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have 3D super soap and I like it, cleans nicely rinses easily. My only problem was it was a bit coagulated on the bottom of the jug I received. Not my favorite scent but that`s not a huge priority for me. It`s liquid enough that you can transfer it to a Bettix Bottle and measure a 0.5oz very easily that way.

I could see this being a great soap for guys that use a foam gun + wash mitt technique.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay....finally got a chance to try this stuff out. I have very hard water here, which will impact the foaming ability of any soap. This is a maintenance wash, so I typically use the foam gun and a one bucket/multiple mitt wash method. I put one ounce in the foam gun, and filled it up with warm water. One ounce went into the wash bucket, with 4 gallons of water. I have to say.....I`m very impressed. I have a Tundra CrewMax, and was able to foam the entire truck with half of the contents of the foam gun. In the bucket, I could easily have used 1/2 an ounce, as I still had good foam left after washing the entire truck. It cleaned very well, and rinsed off very easily with no residue. The only negative, and it`s a very minor thing, is the smell. It`s not unpleasant, but not really pleasant either. It kind of smells like the cheap bar soap you might get in a Motel 6.

Move over Reset and HyperWash.....you need to make room on the shelf.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

tom p.- It sounds like you prefer the Hyperwash over the 3D Pink by a good margin, could you explain why?

Yeah, I have many years worth of 3D Pink to go through. But they no longer sell it in 5gallon jugs, and since I`m All About the Maintenance Wash I always enjoy discussing shampoos anyhow.

And no, I *STILL* haven`t tried the PB`s shampoo that JustJesus sent me

Thread Information