Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25
  1. #1
    briarpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like

    3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    So, just picked up a gallon of Hyperwash, and I swore I`d keep my selections down to CarPro Reset and Hyperwash. I saw 3D products on sale on another website, and their Super Soap has always intrigued me. It looks like it has a pretty economical dilution rate, but, then again, so does Hyperwash. Has anyone tried both?....if so. what conclusions did you come away with?

  2. #2
    dwaleke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    81
    Post Thanks / Like

    3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I use both and just like you told myself I`d limit to Hyperwash and Reset.

    Since buying Super Soap I haven`t really used either of the other products.

    They all work well. I only have a little bit of Reset left so perhaps I`m saving it for those times I think I need a little more aggressive wash on a coated vehicle but really if that were the case there are other options for that.

    I also use Super Soap to wash the outside windows of my house. It works great without streaking when I squeegee dry them.

    One downside that I do not care for with Super Soap is it can make my wash media smell bad if it sits too long (for days/weeks) before they go into the wash machine. Which is odd because it has a really nice subtle scent at the start.

    Other than that I could use Super Soap as my only contact wash soap and be very happy with it.

    Super Soap seemed to have fewer "bad" things in it which 3D seems to focus on with their formulas. I trust them to make safer products for me to use than other companies.

  3. #3
    tom p.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    suburban Boston
    Posts
    6,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I`ve used 3D`s Pink Soap and I also have a gallon of the Hyperwash. I didn`t have much love for the 3D product and didn`t buy again. I`ve got way too many soaps. However, I`ve been using the Hyperwash for probably a year. Great product, I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I like its characteristics and the price is more than reasonable. My confidence is high that I`ll buy it again once this initial gallon is gone and that`s about the strongest endorsement I can offer. The only knock on the Megauiar`s product is 1 gallon being the smallest size, AFAIK.

    Enjoy! I think you`ll like it, Briar!
    Cars: bringing people together

  4. #4
    Hooked For Life Bill D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The First Coast
    Posts
    13,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I`ve used 3D Pink Soap exclusively for some time now. It`s perfect for Accumulator`s wash technique.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

  5. #5
    briarpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    I`ve used 3D`s Pink Soap and I also have a gallon of the Hyperwash. I didn`t have much love for the 3D product and didn`t buy again. I`ve got way too many soaps. However, I`ve been using the Hyperwash for probably a year. Great product, I find myself reaching for it more often than not. I like its characteristics and the price is more than reasonable. My confidence is high that I`ll buy it again once this initial gallon is gone and that`s about the strongest endorsement I can offer. The only knock on the Megauiar`s product is 1 gallon being the smallest size, AFAIK.

    Enjoy! I think you`ll like it, Briar!
    I`m actually on my 2nd gallon of HyperWash. When the first one ran out, I decided I`d try Xtreme Solutions Xtreme suds......which turned out to be an Xtreme disappointment. Brian of Apex Detail spoke very highly of it, so it seemed like a no-brainer. It is now relegated to my wheel bucket and I can not use it up fast enough. If anyone were to drive by my house, I`d gladly give it away. I bought another gallon of HyperWash, and tonight I bought 64oz of the Super Soap to satisfy my curiosity. It was 25pct off and I just could not pass it up.

    I just wanted to see what others experiences have been with the two of them.
    Likes tom p. liked this post

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I have 3D super soap and I like it, cleans nicely rinses easily. My only problem was it was a bit coagulated on the bottom of the jug I received. Not my favorite scent but that`s not a huge priority for me. It`s liquid enough that you can transfer it to a Bettix Bottle and measure a 0.5oz very easily that way.

    I could see this being a great soap for guys that use a foam gun + wash mitt technique.

  7. #7
    briarpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    Okay....finally got a chance to try this stuff out. I have very hard water here, which will impact the foaming ability of any soap. This is a maintenance wash, so I typically use the foam gun and a one bucket/multiple mitt wash method. I put one ounce in the foam gun, and filled it up with warm water. One ounce went into the wash bucket, with 4 gallons of water. I have to say.....I`m very impressed. I have a Tundra CrewMax, and was able to foam the entire truck with half of the contents of the foam gun. In the bucket, I could easily have used 1/2 an ounce, as I still had good foam left after washing the entire truck. It cleaned very well, and rinsed off very easily with no residue. The only negative, and it`s a very minor thing, is the smell. It`s not unpleasant, but not really pleasant either. It kind of smells like the cheap bar soap you might get in a Motel 6.

    Move over Reset and HyperWash.....you need to make room on the shelf.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    tom p.- It sounds like you prefer the Hyperwash over the 3D Pink by a good margin, could you explain why?

    Yeah, I have many years worth of 3D Pink to go through. But they no longer sell it in 5gallon jugs, and since I`m All About the Maintenance Wash I always enjoy discussing shampoos anyhow.

    And no, I *STILL* haven`t tried the PB`s shampoo that JustJesus sent me

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Green Bay, WI
    Posts
    2,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I thought I did a check list of car wash soap characteristics that are determine the viability and acceptance for Autopian use, but I could not find it, so I will do this from my memory:
    1) Cleaning ability.
    2) Lubricity
    3) Foaming ability and how how long the foam lasts, because this determines if it "clings" to vertical surfaces
    4a) Compatibility with hard water
    4b) Compatibility with COLD water; IE, does it dissolve in cold water as I have in Green Bay, WI from my Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water supply.
    5) Rinse ability; IE, does it rinse clean and leave little soap residue as it dries.
    6) Fragrance, which might be important to someone who is fragrance-intolerant or allergic to certain chemical fragrances.
    7a) Dilution ratio; IE, how much per gallon of water is needed to achieve its cleaning ability and still last
    7b) Cost per ounce, which is hand-in-hand with dilution
    8) Viscosity; IE, does it pour easily and is it easy to meter/measure out
    9) Availability; IE, bought over-the-counter (brick-n-mortar store) or "boutique" (reseller/distributor/dealer/factory-direct) internet ordered.
    10) Can it be used in the sun, which MOST soaps cannot (I avoid washing in the sun at all costs. NEVER had a good outcome by doing so with our hard Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water. Maybe if I used distilled/ionized water that would yield different results. I think the only car-wash soaps I know of that can be used in direct sun are Poor Boy`s World Super Slick-n-Suds at $45.00/gallon and McKee`s 37 SiO2 Wash Soap at $60.00/gallon, which are getting on the "pricey" side for me compared to Hyper Wash`s $30.00/gallon last I checked internet prices)

    Judging by briarpatch`s report and experience with 3D Super Soap, it checks a lot of those boxes (characteristics) mentioned above. Is it enough to supplant or replace Meg`s Pro Detailer D110 Hyper Wash?
    Let`s face it; we Autopians all have our car-wash soap characteristics that are most important to each one of us. From many Autopian experiences, I see CarPro Reset as being an outstanding soap, but it is more expensive to use. That might not be important to a hobbyist, but it is to a professional detailer or car-lot detailer who has to wash many cars a week.
    GB detailer

  10. #10
    Hooked For Life Bill D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The First Coast
    Posts
    13,103
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    I need a car wash that is economical enough to endure Accumulator`s extreme wash technique. It uses quite a bit of soap. That`s why I use 3D Pink. It`s slick enough to clean well and a little goes a long way.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

  11. #11
    briarpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    668
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I thought I did a check list of car wash soap characteristics that are determine the viability and acceptance for Autopian use, but I could not find it, so I will do this from my memory:
    1) Cleaning ability.
    2) Lubricity
    3) Foaming ability and how how long the foam lasts, because this determines if it "clings" to vertical surfaces
    4a) Compatibility with hard water
    4b) Compatibility with COLD water; IE, does it dissolve in cold water as I have in Green Bay, WI from my Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water supply.
    5) Rinse ability; IE, does it rinse clean and leave little soap residue as it dries.
    6) Fragrance, which might be important to someone who is fragrance-intolerant or allergic to certain chemical fragrances.
    7a) Dilution ratio; IE, how much per gallon of water is needed to achieve its cleaning ability and still last
    7b) Cost per ounce, which is hand-in-hand with dilution
    8) Viscosity; IE, does it pour easily and is it easy to meter/measure out
    9) Availability; IE, bought over-the-counter (brick-n-mortar store) or "boutique" (reseller/distributor/dealer/factory-direct) internet ordered.
    10) Can it be used in the sun, which MOST soaps cannot (I avoid washing in the sun at all costs. NEVER had a good outcome by doing so with our hard Lake Michigan-sourced municipal water. Maybe if I used distilled/ionized water that would yield different results. I think the only car-wash soaps I know of that can be used in direct sun are Poor Boy`s World Super Slick-n-Suds at $45.00/gallon and McKee`s 37 SiO2 Wash Soap at $60.00/gallon, which are getting on the "pricey" side for me compared to Hyper Wash`s $30.00/gallon last I checked internet prices)

    Judging by briarpatch`s report and experience with 3D Super Soap, it checks a lot of those boxes (characteristics) mentioned above. Is it enough to supplant or replace Meg`s Pro Detailer D110 Hyper Wash?
    Let`s face it; we Autopians all have our car-wash soap characteristics that are most important to each one of us. From many Autopian experiences, I see CarPro Reset as being an outstanding soap, but it is more expensive to use. That might not be important to a hobbyist, but it is to a professional detailer or car-lot detailer who has to wash many cars a week.
    Love this checklist....thanks for taking the time to compile it. I`m doubtful that 3D Super Soap will replace HyperWash, but in my experience, it certainly fared very well in comparison.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

  12. #12
    tom p.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    suburban Boston
    Posts
    6,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    tom p.- It sounds like you prefer the Hyperwash over the 3D Pink by a good margin, could you explain why?
    Part perceived superiority, part evolution, I guess. We go through a lot of soaps because my son has his friends over to use up all my supplies on cars and trucks that get cleaned once a year. I had been demo-ing Poorboy`s traditional soap and Chem Guys Mr. Pink, which I really liked. I had finished the 3D soap and was looking for something new to try. Everyone was raving about the HyperWash and, while I was reluctant to buy yet another gallon of soap, I did. As noted by others, it cleans really well and does offer tremendous foam if that`s what you are after. Even though the prescribed dosage is lower than just about everything else, I still use it at 1:128 because I accustomed to that. I like it at that strength. It does leave a big gloss and I kinda feel the car stays looking "clean" for much longer than I`m used to seeing. We`ve been in kind of weird situation with water supply and drought and that has dramatically limited my general ability to even wash cars, let alone apply a coating, etc. It might just be that the Hyperwash works well for me given our town water. Don`t really have issues with spotting, lubricity is probably less than some other products I have on hand. However, I`m quite confident that I`ll buy another gallon when this is gone. I bought this gallon Oct 2019 ($27.xx) and am probably 1/2 way thru it. As always, trying to pare down my supplies, simplify life and quit buying so much random stuff.
    Likes dgage, RPPM liked this post

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    131
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    Have you thought about switching to rinseless Tom P? I use 6-8 towels depending on vehicle though could likely use a few less with folding but I go over areas twice (different folds) as well as smaller sections down low. I prespray like I’m doing a waterless and then wash and dry a section (use less than 2 gal per wash). I just tried N-914,which is popular as a strong cleaner that leaves nothing behind but I like Uber SiO2 Rinseless as it has much more lubricity but may not clean as well. So I’ll probably use the N-914 more on my wife’s van that doesn’t get cleaned as often. But I haven’t had an issue with scratches and feel it is just as safe as a traditional wash, especially on hot and windy days.
    Thanks tom p. thanked for this post

  14. #14
    tom p.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    suburban Boston
    Posts
    6,362
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    D, you`re right, I should get back into that but sometimes the cars are so disturbing over the winter months that the thought of it terrifies me. Also, I purchased the N 914 a couple months ago and haven`t even opened it I should give it a try.

    I used to do a fair amount of cleaning with the QEW product, I think I still have some. I dunno, I just enjoy playing with the hose, I guess.
    Cars: bringing people together

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,591
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: 3D Super Soap vs Megs Hyperwash - has anyone tried both?

    tom p.- Thanks for explaining, and for what was, for me, a caveat as I don`t want much in the way of foam and I`m *all about* lubricity and encapsulation. You might`ve saved me from a disappointing purchase!

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 3D SUPER Soap / PRE
    By mobiledynamics in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-03-2021, 05:59 PM
  2. PB super slick & wax soap
    By PA DETAILER in forum Washing, Drying, and Claying
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2014, 12:24 PM
  3. Victoria Wax Super Soap - How Much?
    By jdthompson in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 01:38 PM
  4. Victoria super soap review
    By CalgaryDetail in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-22-2006, 04:09 PM
  5. Megs Hyperwash...
    By Clean Dean in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-05-2005, 12:52 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •