Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How many different products do you have / really need?

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Ive been trying to simplify for over 3 years lol. Ive made some strides but then I find a situation where a specific product would have helped me and I go back.

Couple things I see "missing` from your list OR I missed them are #1 Leather conditioner (303 does a good job but specific leather dressing is just a bit better most times) #2 Tar remover I really like CarPro Tar-X
    im aware of the aluminum thing. I use “special” simple green in my ultrasonic to clean carb parts. It doesn’t discolor alloy.

I never dress interiors but I did 303 my trick interior and it looks nice.

tires I’m considering just bare.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    nan_wpg- Watch that you keep (the regular version of) Simple Green off aluminum and alkaline APCs off leather (or neutralize them promptly; leather should be left slightly acidic).

FWIW, and I only work on our cars (not a Pro), I find that I have basically no use for APCs/Degreasers as I simply don`t need them (not even for undercarriages/etc.). Regular shampoos work fine instead...

And FWIW#2, the only things I dress are tires. Not Interiors, nothing under the hood...just tires.

OPC is great stuff, I really like it...just don`t need it for anything these days. But again, I`m just doing our household`s vehicles.

I should clarify I’m not a pro. I do my own cars, that’s all.

I have the rupes yellow foam, yellow wool, and blue wool. Blue and yellow polish and the Uno all in one. So,far this does everything I need. I’m not looking to,experiment anymore. That’s what I pay rupes,for! Lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`m just a detailing baby but i`m doing a pretty good job of not hoarding too many products and i use up 75-85% of my products on average. I have a few products i probably will never use again. Couple cg polishes comes to mine. I kinda picked a few brands i like though and just learning how to use there range, which i think is important. You have to use it at least a little while before you chase the next best thing. For instance, i`m preaching to the choir here but less is really best with most of these products, so its not the product, its the user.

I have a lot of carpro, some gyeon, tacsystems and even fireball. I`m into the korean stuff, partly because i have an asian wife with our young child and i love southeast asia in general.
    Liking those brands cuz their Korean and liking South east asia is like liking mexican food because you like Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Liking those brands cuz their Korean and liking South east asia is like liking mexican food because you like Canada.

You lost me there dude. I think i do get your point lol Lets just say i l really like Asian women lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nan_wpg View Post
    I have the rupes yellow foam, yellow wool, and blue wool. Blue and yellow polish and the Uno all in one. So,far this does everything I need. I’m not looking to,experiment anymore. That’s what I pay rupes,for! Lol.
    Classic man! Yeah i gave up and threw in the towel myself, Rupes knows what their doing so i mostly stick with their stuff now for pads and polishes. I still play around with other products. I will say though not a huge fan of the bottle dispenser on my rupes da fine but thats minor - its hard to control your amount of product. I could transfer it to a different bottle. But very nice mild smell and easy wipeoff, just has easy has sonax perfect finish in my limited experience, and i got decent defects out of my bumper with it, i did jump up to sonax cutmax after for some spot correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    You lost me there dude. I think i do get your point lol Lets just say i l really like Asian women lol
    Lol make sure you clear your browser! How many different products do you have / really need?How many different products do you have / really need?. I’m half Korean and we all asians havr an all asian are the same issue.

I kid with you. You have an Asian wife, child and you know that there is a south east Asia...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lol make sure you clear your browser! How many different products do you have / really need?How many different products do you have / really need?. I’m half Korean and we all asians havr an all asian are the same issue.

I kid with you. You have an Asian wife, child and you know that there is a south east Asia...

Your half Korean? I have only been through the Seoul airport once. Beautiful women.

I think you mean that races and cultures within southeast asia are very diverse and i agree. Its the truth.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You`re coming across as creepy emphasising that repeatedly just incase you didn`t already know that. How many different products do you have / really need?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    Likes noorth, dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atbalfour View Post
    You`re coming across as creepy emphasising that repeatedly just incase you didn`t already know that. How many different products do you have / really need?

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk
    ooo i see lol thanks for the heads up.

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has a type.... noorth’s is just asian.

Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nan_wpg View Post
    im aware of the aluminum thing. I use “special” simple green in my ultrasonic to clean carb parts. It doesn’t discolor alloy.

I never dress interiors but I did 303 my trick interior and it looks nice.

tires I’m considering just bare.
    OK, that`s good about the Simple Green.

I`ve had one [EDIT: 2 sets] of tires that looked OK undressed, but that`s out of literally countless sets that did require dressing. Hey..if they don`t need it, !lucky you!, see how it works.

Post Thanks / Like

@ Lonnie I’m not a least is more person either. It’s not like we detailers are doing multiple cycles with multiple passes in each cycle and spending hours on a panel. I want maximum results in 1 time around the paint with 4-5 passes then moving on.

Post Thanks / Like

Not much. Only two LSPs other than Optimum`s coatings for customer`s cars

Oberk Supreme Cut
    Optimum Intensive Polish, Hyper Polish, Hyper Seal, Car Wax, Power Clean, TAR, MDR, Protectant Plus, ONR (blue) and ONR (orange/Opti-Coat version), Opti-Bond, Ferrex, Paint Prep
    MEK for worst case stuff stuck to a car scenario
    Woolite/water for interior cleaning
    Goo-Gone
    Oberk, Optimum and Buff n Shine pads
    Meguiars white clay (light duty)
    Clay Magic blue (medium duty) and Clay Magic purple (extreme overspray)
    Backset Concrete remover
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information