Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Recommendations on Finishing Polish

Before I get into the reason for the post-

I hope everyone is health, safe and on the list to get vaccinated if they have not already gotten theirs. I got my 2 doses of the Moderna. No side effects other than a sore arm like with the flu shot. I hope we are turning the corner on getting back to normal. I am supper excited to kick off this detail season.

My brothers lease is up and I pulled out my gear to take off some light scratching.

I am once again at the last 1/2 inch of finish polish and before I just go ahead and purchase another bottle of what I am now using (HD Polish) I wanted to see what else out there might be better.

I am looking for a water based non oily polish as I seldom wash after the final polish. I just wipe down with a prep product.

Attributes I am looking for:
    1. Water based no oily formula
    2. Easy Wipe off
    3. Excellent results

I would appreciate any suggestions !

Thanks and have a good safe Weekend !

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommendations on Finishing Polish

There is so many new polishes out but I never stopped using M205 still love the stuff. Alot of people like sonax perfect finish. If you don’t feel like paying shipping ultimate compound or ultimate polish in 12 oz from auto store or stick with 3D

Post Thanks / Like

If Perfect Finish is anything like Sonax 04-06, it is a really fine polish and has very little correcting ability on anything other than the softest paints.

I`m not really a fan of the Meguiars Ultimate Polish/Compound. The compound was pretty dusty for me and I`ve found just about everything else I`ve used to give me better results in the gloss department. They are OK products to learn on, but there are better ones out there which will yield better results.

Finishing polishes I`ve tried and liked are the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Blackfire Polish, Optimum Hyper Polish, and the Sonax 04-06. I`m getting ready to try out the Griots BOSS line of polishes and have high expectations for those as well.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I`ll be watching this one too, as I`m down to the last of my HD Polish v1.0 (which I found 100% perfect for me).

I gather that the HD is now rather different from what I have now. Better? Worse? Truly different or actually the same? I just don`t know...

Noting that I continue to *DESPISE* any Finishing Polish from Meguiar`s (due to their TSO), and suspect that BF`s Polish is still some rebranded version of Menzerna (like their stuff I have/don`t like), and never did like Optimum`s Hyper products...well, I`m curious what to try next.

The Sonax Perfect Finish seems popular here, and I wonder about the GG Perfecting Creme (or whatever its name is), but gee..how to tell if something`s right for *me*?
    Likes JSFM35X liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to go with the Griot’s creams. I see nothing but praise for them.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes RMD, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good choice on griots

in regards to perfect finish I would still use the m205 over it even if they were equally priced. I can’t remember exactly how it cut be it didn’t stand out head and shoulders it was average.

Post Thanks / Like

I had the original HD polish and it was the best I ever used. Even smelled great not that that matters much, but it was pleasant. The version I purchased was in a different package and had / has a poor flip cap. Not a big deal but not a convenient and the original with the large pop open top-easy one hand operation. Product worked well but not as well as my previous formula. Still excellent product. Low dust, water based and excellent results.

I`m not compelled to buy to again, but I have not heard anyone telling me this is better than HD polish. A bottle lasts me a year and if I hear something it the BOMB, I have no problem moving on before I`m out.

As far as Griots goes- I know a lot of people like them but I feel Jammed (Read stronger word-but I`m keeping it family friendly) by them x 2. My 3" buffer is a toy fit for nothing but making noise-never got them to take it back for all the emails and PMs and questions and delays and follow up-it never happened. Got over that and purchased the PFM drying towels after all the good reviews here and elsewhere. They were good towels but a few pulled badly in the first wash-before they were used. Since it was just a few, I assume there was a defect. I purchased a dozen at Pep Boys. Pep Boys directed me to Griots. And for all the pictures, front different angles, and then a picture of all three in the same picture (which I did bc I suspect they though I was asking for 3 replacements and had one damaged) emails and hoops they want you to jump through to get a stinking replacement on a new, defective towel-I`m sour on them. I wont spite myself it they end up with the best product for me but I rather support a company that does right by me when I need them. These issues got back a way especially the 3" buffer but I have a good memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I`ll be watching this one too, as I`m down to the last of my HD Polish v1.0 (which I found 100% perfect for me).

I gather that the HD is now rather different from what I have now. Better? Worse? Truly different or actually the same? I just don`t know...

Noting that I continue to *DESPISE* any Finishing Polish from Meguiar`s (due to their TSO), and suspect that BF`s Polish is still some rebranded version of Menzerna (like their stuff I have/don`t like), and never did like Optimum`s Hyper products...well, I`m curious what to try next.

The Sonax Perfect Finish seems popular here, and I wonder about the GG Perfecting Creme (or whatever its name is), but gee..how to tell if something`s right for *me*?

Post Thanks / Like

Well guess what-HD Polish was discontinued !

The Equal shows 520 but I don`t want a gallon of something I might not like.

A 16oz of HD polish is a years supply

Go Figure-Back to the drawing board

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    ...and suspect that BF`s Polish is still some rebranded version of Menzerna (like their stuff I have/don`t like)
    I can tell you when Blackfire changed the name from SRC Polish to just...uh...Polish, they also reformulated the product and the two are nothing alike. I`ve used both back-to-back several times in one season and at least once on the same vehicle as my bottle of SRC ran out and I started using a large sample of the new version.

The old version was probably a Menzerna product. It was thick, purple in color and REALLY oily. It produced really good results for me, but removing it was a bear because of the oils and especially for me when I was going to apply a ceramic coating. The new Blackfire Polish is totally different. It is thinner, white, and not oily at all. It`s very easy to remove. Despite the changes it is really easy to use, has a long working time, and still produces really good results. I like the new formulation MUCH better than the old stuff.

Honestly there are only two reasons I don`t have more Blackfire polishing products in my garage now.
    1. They are rather expensive
    2. I wanted to try something different and the Griots BOSS polishes were speaking to me.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

My vote goes for Griots. They are simple to use and work well. I`ll take any Griots polish or compound over Meguiars.

The surprise product for me was Mothers CMX 3 in 1 polish. It has acrylic in it so it might not be for everyone as it might fill slightly. With a Griots Fast Finish MF pad the cut was good enough to remove swirls.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy with Sonax Perfect Finish/EX04-06. If I need something a bit more aggressive, I`ll use Perfect Cut. I`d try other stuff, but I have so much of it and I only do corrections once a year, it`s not really worth messing around for me to find something incrementally better.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was gonna suggest CarPro reflect, but per their site its a light oil base. Its a super finishing polish. When I go to try anothr line I will be going with the Boss line from Griots.

One thing you might want to look @ is what are the top dogs on here using in their business- the fellas that do this for a living on those high $ cars--like Merlin , sizzle chest & 512. I see sizzle seems to be liking the Boss line alot

Post Thanks / Like

Griots perfecting cream or sonax perfect finish. I usually use griots because I also use the polishing pads.

Post Thanks / Like

The new rupes yellow works nicely, nice wipeoff like perfect finish.

I also had a sample of griots correcting cream, way to thin and runny for my tastes. It might of been just gone bad however, i`m not sure,

Post Thanks / Like

Mckee`s 37 finishing polish is very underrated. Pretty much my go to finish polish
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection?_rdr=p
    Thanks William_Wallace thanked for this post

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information