Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AIO`s - is Klasse still a player?

That was probably my "entry" product into hobbyist detailing and it sure did work well. Then again, I did not have much to compare it with either.

With all the AIO`s out there, is Klasse a relic of the past?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AIO`s - is Klasse still a player?

It certainly isn`t in my eyes. I like it still, and I still like Duragloss combo 111/601. For quick details Meguiars da finishing wax has replaced it but for better protection, personal cars and anything that allows more time it`s great.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post
    Thanks bob m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I never used the AIO by itself, but always layered with SG.

While they performed well, I think others have passed the Klasse twins. From my testing I`ve found Collinite 845 to be more durable and products like Wolfgang SiO2 Sealant to be just as durable, FAR easier to apply, look better, and offer other characteristics which are better too.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

It`s a nice product and all, but with some newer products that are easier to remove, I haven`t touched it in years.

These days, I mainly use Blackfire One Step, Poorboy`s Polish w/[pick one], and recently played with the Rupes UNO Protect.

Post Thanks / Like

I still have the Klasse AIO in my cabinet since I don`t do or use a lot of AIO products in general. I like to use it on interior windows when I want a deep clean as well as by hand and machine on the exterior. But I only use it as a Prep/cleaning step before a sealant or wax.

Since I do mostly coatings my uses for KAIO are unfortunately few and farther between. But it was I thought unique in what it was and did and still is. Most AIO products now days are either "more cut" or "more protection" based. I liked what KAIO did.
    Likes JustJesus, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

To the poster using on windows I have heard that before I’m going to have to try it. I have a jug of it I haven’t used in a while I also heard about people putting in there wash soap

And the 111/601 is the only sealant I use too absolutely love duragloss
    Likes bob m, Desertnate liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t put in in the wash bucket no matter what anybody says Good luck if you try it, hope it doesn`t bite anybody.

I still use it, while recognizing its limitations, and I *always* top it with something durable. Always.

I only find it hard to buff off if I botch it up by letting it flash off before the buffing That "don`t let it dry" and using a slightly damp applicator are pretty important IME.

And FWIW, mine is *OLD*, like...it was old before we moved here in 2000. Lumps of...[stuff]..some [crap] that looks like mold...really nasty! But it works 100% fine, just as well as it did when new. So I sure wouldn`t let its shelflife bother me, not at all. (I can`t remember when I bought my Klasse twins! Maybe the early `90s...I`m still on my first little jug of KSG with plenty left despite always layering it at least 4X and using it on *BIG* vehicles for years, still works fine on my exterior plastics. One ounce is far more than I ever needed for one coat on a Suburban, including the jambs.)

EDIT: another FWIW, KSG is the *ONLY* conventional LSP that`s ever protected against marring, and it did have at least 6 layers on the area in question. I *saw* what happened, and it should`ve marred that paint badly, but it didn`t. Not at all. NEVER had any other LSP provide a physical barrier-style protection against anything like that in all the decades I`ve done this stuff...never. Because of this, I use it on all "piano-finish" black exterior plastics and it helps keep them marring-free. It`s not a Coating, but it can be quite a, uhm...build-film.
    Likes bob m, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

@Accumulator I used to layer it up too I really like the look of ksg I can’t remember exact amount but maybe 6 layers! I’m sure so one out there has way out done that amount. When top of the line went out of business they were selling the large size for under $10 so I grabbed an extra

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    I wouldn`t put in in the wash bucket no matter what anybody says Good luck if you try it, hope it doesn`t bite anybody.

I still use it, while recognizing its limitations, and I *always* top it with something durable. Always.

I only find it hard to buff off if I botch it up by letting it flash off before the buffing That "don`t let it dry" and using a slightly damp applicator are pretty important IME.

And FWIW, mine is *OLD*, like...it was old before we moved here in 2000. Lumps of...[stuff]..some [crap] that looks like mold...really nasty! But it works 100% fine, just as well as it did when new. So I sure wouldn`t let its shelflife bother me, not at all. (I can`t remember when I bought my Klasse twins! Maybe the early `90s...I`m still on my first little jug of KSG with plenty left despite always layering it at least 4X and using it on *BIG* vehicles for years, still works fine on my exterior plastics. One ounce is far more than I ever needed for one coat on a Suburban, including the jambs.)

EDIT: another FWIW, KSG is the *ONLY* conventional LSP that`s ever protected against marring, and it did have at least 6 layers on the area in question. I *saw* what happened, and it should`ve marred that paint badly, but it didn`t. Not at all. NEVER had any other LSP provide a physical barrier-style protection against anything like that in all the decades I`ve done this stuff...never. Because of this, I use it on all "piano-finish" black exterior plastics and it helps keep them marring-free. It`s not a Coating, but it can be quite a, uhm...build-film.
    Interesting about KSG being so protective an LSP. I was thinking of getting PPF done for that impossible to prevent swirls piano black interior trim. But may consider trying the KSG there. But on a side note, wouldn`t/couldn`t a regular coating accomplish the same thing, given multiple coats applied?

Post Thanks / Like

Since you`re bringing this up it`s time for me to wonder again why no one has brought in the Carlack nano products now that Werkstatt folded up. Obviously there is still a market since Klasse still seems to be going. As I recall last time we discussed this I think PBMG is now the importer; I wonder if they took over the existing agreement, that one must have been an old-time ironclad one like the one that keeps us people in NJ from being able to order from the Zaino web store, I still can`t believe after all these years that is still the case. I mean those Carlack nano products have been out for 15 years but there was only one place in the US to buy them, and now none...while they are still selling the Carlack product from the 70`s.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Carlack is suppose to have a good glass sealant but it’s not in US

Post Thanks / Like

the Original Poster, bob m.:
    i bought and use Klasse All-In-One (KAIO) after starting a thread discussion about AIO`s and Cleaner Waxes (yes the two types get blurred in definition and useage)
    (reference: Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax)

I like it for fake wood and carbon-fiber plastic interior trim, door and rear trunk/hatch jams, and clear-coated chrome wheels (yes, there is such a thing!). Is it worth having in a hobbyist detailer`s product arsenal? Yes, but the BIG reason is IF you want an AIO that is chemical-cleaning for its base rather than abrasive based, this IS the best product for that.
    Are there "better" AIOs/Cleaner Waxes? Reference the above linked thread, and come to your own conclusion, which will probably lead to either Blackfire`s AIO or H-D Speed or a new offering Dr.Beasley`s Z1.
    (Dr/ B`s Z1 reference:https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...hlight=beasley
    GB detailer
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    the Original Poster, bob m.:
    i bought and use Klasse All-In-One (KAIO) after starting a thread discussion about AIO`s and Cleaner Waxes (yes the two types get blurred in definition and useage)
    (reference: Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax)

I like it for fake wood and carbon-fiber plastic interior trim, door and rear trunk/hatch jams, and clear-coated chrome wheels (yes, there is such a thing!). Is it worth having in a hobbyist detailer`s product arsenal? Yes, but the BIG reason is IF you want an AIO that is chemical-cleaning for its base rather than abrasive based, this IS the best product for that.
    Are there "better" AIOs/Cleaner Waxes? Reference the above linked thread, and come to your own conclusion, which will probably lead to either Blackfire`s AIO or H-D Speed or a new offering Dr.Beasley`s Z1.
    (Dr/ B`s Z1 reference:https://www.autopia.org/forums/click...hlight=beasley
    It’s funny a few years ago I won a Blue Moon ice chest done in beautiful cedar wood with stain I put Klasse SG on real thick coats then wiped off and let it dry and put another layer it came out decent I just wanted a barrier from sun and moisture

Post Thanks / Like

I’d also be interested on any suggestions to use the klasse on around the house to try to use it up. I’ll probably never use again on exterior I’ll give it a go on interior.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Interesting about KSG being so protective an LSP. I was thinking of getting PPF done for that impossible to prevent swirls piano black interior trim. But may consider trying the KSG there. But on a side note, wouldn`t/couldn`t a regular coating accomplish the same thing, given multiple coats applied?
    DO *NOT* expect the same degree of physical-barrier protection that you get from a good Coating or from PPF...both of which are utterly superior IME (note that experience is limited to the original OptiCoat when it comes to Coatings). I meant that the (heavily layered) KSG is much better than a *conventional LSP*, and I didn`t intend to imply it`s like a Coating/PPF.

Heh heh, I wish you luck on the Piano Black *interior* bits...my vehicles get used too hard to keep such stuff nice without the PPF you mentioned (which I`ve never bothered with). Heh heh#2...I`ll blame "other passengers" for not being able to keep interior bits perfect, but that`s probably not fair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information