Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Pressure hose upgrade

Hi Folks, i just ordered the Simoniz Platinum 1800 PSI Compact Electric Pressure Washer from Canadian tire. Its the same pressure washer has the new CAT pressure washer and Active VE52.

I`m looking to upgrade the hose. I`ve been looking at Tool Daily`s 50ft quick connect hose on amazon and the MTM Kobrajet. Is the MTM worth it for a weekend warrior? Its literally double the price of tool daily.

Anyone aware of any other options? I really like to get a hose that has the 3/8 QC`s however. Makes it much more simpler for my M22-15 fittings.

Thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure hose upgrade

My Kobrajet hose has been one of the best buys I`ve made over the years. I was running a Ryobi unit at the house, swapped out the stock line and gun with an MTM SGS-28 pressure gun with the built in swivel and threw the 3/8" Kobrajet hose on with all the quick disconnect fittings and it`s been an awesome setup. I bought from Obsessed Garage after Matt did all the pressure washer testing, and the fittings were already installed on the Kobrajet hose when it came in.

I don`t have any knowledge of Tool Daily`s setup. I remember seeing reports on the Active VE52 pressure washers when they were discovered and saw some great GPM numbers. Keep up posted on how the Simoniz washer holds up.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    My Kobrajet hose has been one of the best buys I`ve made over the years. I was running a Ryobi unit at the house, swapped out the stock line and gun with an MTM SGS-28 pressure gun with the built in swivel and threw the 3/8" Kobrajet hose on with all the quick disconnect fittings and it`s been an awesome setup. I bought from Obsessed Garage after Matt did all the pressure washer testing, and the fittings were already installed on the Kobrajet hose when it came in.

I don`t have any knowledge of Tool Daily`s setup. I remember seeing reports on the Active VE52 pressure washers when they were discovered and saw some great GPM numbers. Keep up posted on how the Simoniz washer holds up.
    Cool, i`ve been looking over the black kobrajet, its actually only about 25USD more then the tool daily.

I was looking at the grey one with the premium fittings and swivel that was double the tool daily.

All on a canadian detailing site.

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure you get a single wire type. It won`t be as stiff. That`s the style OG sells. Kobrajet offers a black or gray one that is single wire and less expensive, as you saw from your search. Also, look for one that is non-marring. That`s another feature of the kobrajet OG sells.

Post Thanks / Like

I since bought the Bravex foam cannon and Creexeon gun from amazon. I`m going to use the original hose for a while but i will most likely end up getting the kobrajet.

Can`t wait to get home!

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a 50’ flexzilla I’m happy with unrolls easily doesn’t kink.... was $35 off of the A. Been greay last two years and perfect for a weekend warrior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I’ve got a 50’ flexzilla I’m happy with unrolls easily doesn’t kink.... was $35 off of the A. Been greay last two years and perfect for a weekend warrior.

Seems like a good hose. But by the time i got one off amazon and got the 3/8 quick connects it would be just has expensive has the entry level kobrajet in canada at least. The kobrajet hose is pre-fitted with 2 male 3/8 NPT thread.

And besides i only like seeing green in the forest! Green is one of my least favorite colors for consumer goods....lol
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Seems like a good hose. But by the time i got one off amazon and got the 3/8 quick connects it would be just has expensive has the entry level kobrajet in canada at least. The kobrajet hose is pre-fitted with 2 male 3/8 NPT thread.

And besides i only like seeing green in the forest! Green is one of my least favorite colors for consumer goods....lol
    $70 cheapest i could find plus shipping ($8). My set up was about $46 all in.

MTM had a 40% off sale during Christmas. Shoulda looked at hoses.

Post Thanks / Like

Uberflex is similar to flexzilla and it`s blue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    Uberflex is similar to flexzilla and it`s blue.
    The problem with those hoses is the m22-14. I have m22-15 thread on my pump, you can make it work but i rather just buy 3/8 quick connect hose. Lot less connections and fittings.

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know about the tool daily hose, but workability and non-kinking is crucial in a pw hose for me. Washing with a crappy hose is not fun.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m getting the kobrajet. The stock hose i have is horrible.

The tool daily hose looks like a very strong and durable hydraulic type hose. We have them on the ship. They won`t kink - to a point lol - but for sure heavier and not so flexible has the kobrajet.
    Likes Curioso liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of anyone’s opinion on OG I haven’t seen a better hose than the Kobrajet

Post Thanks / Like

FYI: I found out the only difference between the kobrajet black or grey is non-marking.

Update: Here in Canada the black 50` korbajet with stainless steel 3/8 quick fittings is ~$87 USD. The tool daily is ~$63USD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    FYI: I found out the only difference between the kobrajet black or grey is non-marking.

Update: Here in Canada the black 50` korbajet with stainless steel 3/8 quick fittings is ~$87 USD. The tool daily is ~$63USD.
    Non marking? Doesn’t leave marks or get scuff marks?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information