Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pressure hose upgrade

I`ve had the Kobrajet 50-footer for a few years now. Indestructible but heavy.

I have a similiar set-up as Loach, but I have an $89.00 Ryobi PW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Non marking? Doesn’t leave marks or get scuff marks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i assume the grey doesn`t leave marks. I don`t think many are concerned about scuff marks.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was looking around canadian tire today - canada`s autozone - and looked at the Simoniz Platinum 1800 PSI that i have waiting for me when i get home.

I can`t believe how light the thing is!! My last electric pressure weight a lot more then this unit. You can carry it like a suitcase and its not much heavier. lol

If it works like the youtube videos on the Active VE52 this will be one neat little machine.

I also read on a facebook page a few days ago obsessed garage with be selling the active ve52 soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys, indeed obsessed garage is selling the active ve52.

I noticed on their sales page the following information.

You`ll have to remember that this is still an entry-level pressure washer and is not serviceable; it`s rated for about 100 hours of run time. The construction of the unit is on par with other entry-level pressure washers.
    Does anyone know where this number came from? Seems rather low.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought the 50ft kobrajet with the expensive quick disconnects and it`s fantastic. No reels, I just hang it on the wall and I can be up and running faster than it took me to pull out the garden hose. However the pressure coming out of my cheap home depot Ryobi with OG`s recommended nozzle tip is pathetic. The unit may be on its last leg though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I bought the 50ft kobrajet with the expensive quick disconnects and it`s fantastic. No reels, I just hang it on the wall and I can be up and running faster than it took me to pull out the garden hose. However the pressure coming out of my cheap home depot Ryobi with OG`s recommended nozzle tip is pathetic. The unit may be on its last leg though.
    I don`t have a lot of experience with electric pressure washers - more with gas - but the active ve52 in my case the simioniz are definitely up to the task with the 40 degree 3.7 orifice nozzle on cars. Very light and quiet machine. Its a little powerhouse IME.

I doubt i will be getting a 4.0 orifice as per obsessed garage`s recommendations. I believe one guy on youtube, gibbs i think he called himself, recommended 3.5. He`s also on this site.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I don`t have a lot of experience with electric pressure washers - more with gas - but the active ve52 in my case the simioniz are definitely up to the task with the 40 degree 3.7 orifice nozzle on cars. Very light and quiet machine. Its a little powerhouse IME.

I doubt i will be getting a 4.0 orifice as per obsessed garage`s recommendations. I believe one guy on youtube, gibbs i think he called himself, recommended 3.5. He`s also on this site.
    Hey thanks for the reply. My Ryobi is rated 1700 psi @ 1.2 gpm which in the OG spreadsheet tested at 1000 psi @ 1.4 gpm. I purchased the recommended 3.0, 40 degree tip when I upgraded the gun but man does that feel weak to me. I haven`t done any GPM testing myself to prove if the pump is actually dying but it builds pressure and shuts off like it should. Maybe it`s because I went almost 5 years using the stock 15 degree tip (no idea what the nozzle size on that is).

Either way I`m ready to chuck the Ryobi and buy a new unit. I`m in a townhome setting so gas is inappropriate. I`d prefer something compact I can stick in the corner and I`m torn between another cheapish unit like the Active VE52 or Karcher Cube or paying up for something like AR630-TSS and being set for the next decade.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Landed up ordering the Active VE52 with a 25 degree, 3.5 size orifice. Thanks for the suggestion. I think we`re going to land up with pretty similar setups, let me know how yours works out!

When this dies, THEN I`ll splurge for the Kranzle...
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Landed up ordering the Active VE52 with a 25 degree, 3.5 size orifice. Thanks for the suggestion. I think we`re going to land up with pretty similar setups, let me know how yours works out!

When this dies, THEN I`ll splurge for the Kranzle...
    Haha I was looking over the AR units after, looks interesting.

Hopefully, this little unit last 3 or 4 seasons for me. I received the black kobrajet hose yesterday but i`m away working right now. My father said you could tow a car with that thing. lol

Post Thanks / Like

FWIW I had a new gas pressure washer hose come from Amazon today - and it was a Tool Daily. Chinese - yes. $16 delivered & 25’.

I already have the QC from the old hose - which I burnt on the muffler of the pressure washer. The hose I got for $16 is better than what comes with electric pressure washers. It’s pretty thick & doesn’t wanna kink. I’m sure it’s possible to kink any hose though, so I think it’s more about how you use it & your location/setup.

I think more important than what brand of hose - is the quick connectors & how you use it. I would loathe a 50’ hose - because it’s a PIA to roll up & is unwieldy. 25’ is a lot easier & fits around most vehicles pretty well.

Post Thanks / Like

Haha I was looking over the AR units after, looks interesting.

Hopefully, this little unit last 3 or 4 seasons for me. I received the black kobrajet hose yesterday but i`m away working right now. My father said you could tow a car with that thing. lol
    Update here, I got to try out the Active VE52 last weekend and I`m very happy with how the little unit performed. It`s quieter and more compact than my old Ryobi and puts out noticeable more flow. I`m glad I went with the 25 degree, 3.5 orifice because it has just the right amount of oomph for me.
    Thanks Oneheadlite thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    FWIW I had a new gas pressure washer hose come from Amazon today - and it was a Tool Daily. Chinese - yes. $16 delivered & 25’.

I already have the QC from the old hose - which I burnt on the muffler of the pressure washer. The hose I got for $16 is better than what comes with electric pressure washers. It’s pretty thick & doesn’t wanna kink. I’m sure it’s possible to kink any hose though, so I think it’s more about how you use it & your location/setup.

I think more important than what brand of hose - is the quick connectors & how you use it. I would loathe a 50’ hose - because it’s a PIA to roll up & is unwieldy. 25’ is a lot easier & fits around most vehicles pretty well.
    With the way my garage is setup the hose bib is in the back and 50` hose makes more sense. Otherwise I`d need a longer inlet hose and I`d still probably have to shift the pressure washer around to get around the car. Completely agree with you that quick disconnects (and I`d say a swivel too) are key for a much better experience.

Post Thanks / Like

With the way my garage is setup the hose bib is in the back and 50` hose makes more sense. Otherwise I`d need a longer inlet hose and I`d still probably have to shift the pressure washer around to get around the car. Completely agree with you that quick disconnects (and I`d say a swivel too) are key for a much better experience.
    Yup - Swivel connection is really key - I have more money into connections / hose / gun than the PW itself... but makes it so much more user friendly to use - some of the best money spent vs high end PW units for actual value IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    Yup - Swivel connection is really key - I have more money into connections / hose / gun than the PW itself... but makes it so much more user friendly to use - some of the best money spent vs high end PW units for actual value IMHO.
    Oh same here, in retrospect I went way overboard with these obsessed garage accessories but they work fantastic and I expect the main pieces to outlast my pressure washer itself. Setup is a breeze, I get zero kinks, and I save time overall on the initial rinse.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information