Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Underdog Coatings

Some companies will use a `wash simulator` or a yearly use/wear simulator. Yep, like dgage stated, how most will get to their `claims` of longevity. I`m still happy if a coating will stand up for 2-3 years, 2 max without any maintenance/boosters.

I`m still into coatings though...
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes The Guz, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Lol exactly. It is the flavor of the month and I am sure we will see it in hyped up by the youtubers as the next best thing. Right now they are on the TW 1 million waxes + ceramic + graphene train to due their paid advertisement lol.

A friend of mine got this and he said it was easy to work with. Again nothing really new here other than another coating on the market.

We heard the same thing about hydrosilex when that came out. Pretty underwhelming when it came out and it just lost traction. Again flavor of the month. Good luck to him though as it generates income for him to live off of so that is smart.

They probably used the same scrub test that Adams and Ethos used to claim 7+ years or whatever is on their coating lol. This multi year claim is getting out of hand and is ridiculous. Just as ridiculous as the hardness claims.
    What do you mean by the same scrub test as Adams and Ethos? Are you saying they use an inferior test and their products won’t last as long as their claims?

Post Thanks / Like

This coating will truly "Catch Fire" only if Pan The Advertiser can get the link on his YouTube channel
    Likes wannafbody liked this post
    Thanks David Fermani thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine got this and he said it was easy to work with. Again nothing really new here other than another coating on the market.
    A coating that is “easy to work with” IS something “new” in and of itself. What coating can be applied to the entire car, walk away and come back to level? Most coatings (especially long lasting ones) have a learning curve and can be pretty challenging with humidity and temperature. Applied in small sections even. This one can be applied out in the sun. That alone give it a whole nother characteristic different from anything else.

We heard the same thing about hydrosilex when that came out. Pretty underwhelming when it came out and it just lost traction. Again flavor of the month.
    I think it’s undiscerning to compare a spray sealant to a paint coating. Especially one that gravitated to consumers vs professional detailers. Hydrosilex, like F11, is from a pure social media marketing machine, targeting consumers. Underdog is from a well respected and very popular detailer known for supporting reputable brands. Professional detailers have been giving this product high praise. Apples to oranges IMO.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes waynvision liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

8 years lasting. i dont know about you guys but i LIKE to wax my car . in 8 years ill be dead and buried. i got stuff that supposed to last 7 years , i did my sisters black truck a year ago , and it needs it again , everthing clay polish and coating.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Full disclosure here, David, do you have ANY relationship to Joel Accuardi or the company/product you mention?
    Thanks David Fermani thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wristymanchego View Post
    Full disclosure here, David, do you have ANY relationship to Joel Accuardi or the company/product you mention?
    Thank you for asking this! I’ve never met, talked to or conversed with Joel. And I’ve never used ANY of the products he currently or has ever endorsed or sold. I’m solely going off of the popularity this line has been exposed to since it came out just recently. Here’s a screenshot of the activity it’s gained on one Facebook group:
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quite odd how the scrub test result are always landing on full years where’s the coating that lasted 4.57 years or 6.13 years.
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I almost bought this....but.....after reading the website there was no info that appeals to me....Hydrophobic? .... Beading? ....easier to clean? ....
    Feynlab has a coating that you do 100% % of the car then wipe off. it`s on my car now and it`s been 15 months. It`s $38.00
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Thanks BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace, Stokdgs, tyusaf thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and another thing.... what is the bottle size? How many cars can one bottle do? Shelf life?
    Why no info?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    A coating that is “easy to work with” IS something “new” in and of itself. What coating can be applied to the entire car, walk away and come back to level? Most coatings (especially long lasting ones) have a learning curve and can be pretty challenging with humidity and temperature. Applied in small sections even. This one can be applied out in the sun. That alone give it a whole nother characteristic different from anything else.
    @glfnaz got to it before I did but Feynlab Ceramic Lite can be applied to the entire surface. And I know you are going to come back and say they are not comparable because Underdog is 8 year and Feynlab Ceramic Lite is 1 year coating, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I think it’s undiscerning to compare a spray sealant to a paint coating. Especially one that gravitated to consumers vs professional detailers. Hydrosilex, like F11, is from a pure social media marketing machine, targeting consumers. Underdog is from a well respected and very popular detailer known for supporting reputable brands. Professional detailers have been giving this product high praise. Apples to oranges IMO.
    Where did I compare the two products? Hydrosilex came from a reputable detailer and look how that panned out. That was the point. Nowhere did I say the product compares to each other in terms of application or performance. You misread/misinterpreted what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I almost bought this....but.....after reading the website there was no info that appeals to me....Hydrophobic? .... Beading? ....easier to clean? ....
    Feynlab has a coating that you do 100% % of the car then wipe off. it`s on my car now and it`s been 15 months. It`s $38.00
    Thanks for chiming in with Feynlab.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Polish angel super sport has PTFE in it. Last me 2 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

So dry whenever it gets wet? Even after a rain? Sounds like their giving pre excuses for water spots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glfnaz View Post
    I like the feynlab products too great company there stuff is very good
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Scott H on YouTube will be doing another comparison review with this coating and others.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information