Post Thanks / Like

Finally tried out TW Graphene

Finally got a couple of days to get the passport in shape. Wash, clay, polish, and then an application of the new TW Max Wax. A bit different in application, as you apply, wait a couple of minutes for a slight haze, wipe with a damp MF, and then do a final wipe with a dry MF. Really quite easy, and it wiped away with no issues.

you can immediately feel the slickness, and like many products, TW says gloss and slickness will improve over a 24 hour period.

im planning to maintain with the spray flex wax and occasionally the hybrid wet wax. I may add a layer of the flex spray this evening, after 24 hours have passed.

I was really impressed with the original hybrid solutions line, and I truly think this is a bit of an evolution of that line. I expect I will have good longer term results here as well. Hybrid solutions did very well over a tough winter here in Chicago.

pic below.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene
    Likes acuRAS82, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finally tried out TW Graphene

_OneQuickGT1:
    Where did you procure/buy your Turtle Wax Max Wax from?? Just wondering if it is available Over-The-Counter anywhere.

What and how did you polish your Honda Passport with? (IE, machine buffer or by hand and what specific make and type of polish product.
    I have had "compatibility issues" between polishes with their emulsifying and lubricating oils/solvents and waxes from different manufacturers in the past. That may be mitigated by panel prep wipes.
    What foam or microfiber applicator did you apply this wax with, and what specific microfiber(s) did you remove this wax with? Were the removal microfiber different? IE, one type for damp, one type for dry. (Yes, I ask that question repeatedly, but it does make a difference and I and I assume other Autopians would like to know)

I would be interested in the ambient temperature and humidity you applied this TW-MW in. It is still "cool and damp" outside in Green Bay, WI.

Side note: somehow your pics never up loaded. Thanks for posting anyway!
    GB detailer
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s what I`m intending on trying. Max Wax then Flex Wax. I`d ordered directly from TW when announced. Here in NJ I`m waiting until it`s over 60 degrees to try.

Post Thanks / Like

Cant get the pics to load. Sorry.

I bought it straight from turtle wax a couple of months ago. I believe some of the auto parts stores are carrying it now.

I polished with my gg6, using a light polishing pad and 3D polish. I find this polish to be pretty clean and not overly oily. I used it under fk1000p for a few years with no bonding issues. I did not use a panel wipe, as turtle wax said it is not necessary.

For the application of the product, I used a meguiars microfiber applicator. It went on great and a little goes a long way. It was 64 in my garage and still a bit damp. No issues. It had a light haze after about 2 minutes, wiped with a well wrung mf, then with a small griots pfm. Clean wipe with no streaks.

I considered adding another layer of the wax tonight, but it’s unclear if it layers. Seems like it might best be topped with the flex spray. I figured I can always add another coat of the liquid wax in a few months to refresh, as I don’t plan on using other product lines that might interfere with bonding or anything.

I seriously considered using the new meguiars hybrid coating, but felt this was a better value.

I think you’ll like it. The gloss and slickness are good and have improved overnight. Not sure if the flex spray will add anything other than a bit more protection. I wish they would come out with a graphene detailer....maybe they will.
    2021 VW GLI Autobahn

Pure Gray/Black

Protected by 303 Graphene
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If I hadn`t bought 2 bottles of Wet Wax and another bottle of the Ceramic Spray Coating last summer, I would have gotten the PRO Line already...I`ve seen a lot of good things about it and my experience with the HS Ceramic has been excellent. I do want to get the kit, with all three products & the pads and bucket/towels, but I can`t justify it (to the wife) until all the Ceramic products are gone.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! This is the first I’ve seen, still considering it.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Autozone is carrying the Graphene TW

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review I seen the damp towel mentioned a few times with the TW.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by imported_OneQuickGT1 View Post
    Finally got a couple of days to get the passport in shape. Wash, clay, polish, and then an application of the new TW Max Wax. A bit different in application, as you apply, wait a couple of minutes for a slight haze, wipe with a damp MF, and then do a final wipe with a dry MF. Really quite easy, and it wiped away with no issues.

you can immediately feel the slickness, and like many products, TW says gloss and slickness will improve over a 24 hour period.

im planning to maintain with the spray flex wax and occasionally the hybrid wet wax. I may add a layer of the flex spray this evening, after 24 hours have passed.

I was really impressed with the original hybrid solutions line, and I truly think this is a bit of an evolution of that line. I expect I will have good longer term results here as well. Hybrid solutions did very well over a tough winter here in Chicago.

pic below.
    good sale on Hybrid Solutions products going on now at Autogeek

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch;[URL="tel:2182500"
    2182500[/URL]]good sale on Hybrid Solutions products going on now at Autogeek
    Ugh. I don’t NEED the 75th anniversary wax, especially since I have an unopened bottle of Max Wax sitting here. But I’ve got some coupons to use over there... decisions, decisions...

Thread Information