Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: TW 75TH Birthday ceramic and graphene paste wax.

I gotta pass on this. I still can’t get past the stigma of Turtle Wax sitting on the shelves of highway auto parts stores with crap like Rain Dance and Kit Wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Methinks the difference between Pan `buying` it and you or I buying it is the fact we`d have to reach for our wallets. TW 75TH Birthday ceramic and graphene paste wax.

Good for him, though...looks like he`s having fun. I wouldn`t buy something based upon his recommendation as I see him more as a product Demonstrator than a product Tester. I actually think he`d be fun to hang out with for a bit, seems like there would be a lot of laughing.

Torture tests...meh. Can`t remember last time i drove through a rainstorm of concentrated APC/Wheel Cleaner/Degreaser. :shrug: I get why they do it so they can comment on it/judge it but I guess I find it irrelevant in a practical sense.
    Your right with Pan if your making money good for you no bones to pick their making videos requires skill and your time like anything else.

He is Pan the promoter and is right in the middle of being over the top, loving thy self and down to earth somewhere between.

Pan is making money while doing something he enjoys.

Only thing is don’t try to take credit for other peoples ideas or creations I remember a couple of things he claimed he was the inventor of.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Autozone has the new TW Graphene in stock.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    I still can’t get past the stigma of Turtle Wax sitting on the shelves of highway auto parts stores with crap like Rain Dance and Kit Wax.
    If memory serves me correctly, the first wax I ever used was Rain Dance back in 1976 on my 71 Chevelle. Back then it actually was pretty advanced and considered a top of the line wax.

Car wax, sealants and coating technology has sure advanced by leaps and bounds in 45 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes noorth, BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SGM2008 View Post
    I gotta pass on this. I still can’t get past the stigma of Turtle Wax sitting on the shelves of highway auto parts stores with crap like Rain Dance and Kit Wax.
    I have somewhat similar feelings about megs. Except what left a bad taste in my mouth was this junk DA attachment you could attach a drill to thats sold in almost every canadiantire - something like autozone - in canada. I paid over 50USD for that piece of junk.

Of course megs has a proven record for some excellent products.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Wouldn`t mind seeing it tested by Brian from Apex Detailing. As far as running a product thru the ringer tests go he usually does a pretty good job. PAN comes off as more a sponsored video/salesman guy than a detailer to me. Or maybe I`m just jealous he`s able to do stuff like buy the entire damn Gtechniq lineup to "test it"
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=x1XbHcHNVUI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Graphene, Ceramic & 10 different waxes...they should dribble some Zaino in there to complete the ?Quad-fectra? of protection...Ceramic, Graphene, Sealant & Wax! Maybe shred up some self-healing PPF and stir it in a bit too.

TW really coming outta their shell over the last year
    with some interesting products.
    OK, I had to laugh at first, the suggested "ingredients" for Version 2 of this wax and then at the enormous pun about Turtle Wax coming out of their "shell".

I, too have dissed Turtle Wax as a viable detailing product manufacturer since joining this Autopia forum. That sentiment has changed with the Hybrid line. My "early" detailing years used Turtle Wax products because that is what was available over the counter at most small-town local hardware stores or Kmart my father bought from in the late 1960`s, early 70`s. To be honest, it was OK stuff and when they came out in early 1979 with the then high-priced PolyShell Sealant System compared to its waxes. It was another game-changer in Last-Step Products (LSP`s) for myself as a hobbyist detailer. (Still have an unopened box of it my Mom bought for use on their Mercury Marquis car back then)

We`ve come full circle with the TW Hybrid line. In some ways, I am their target customer; someone who buys over-the-counter and wants car-care products that offer great car-care results and are "cutting edge" at a good or reasonable price compared to "other" car-care products of that type on the OTC market.

The ONLY reason I have tried the TW Hybrid line is because of the reviews and experiences from fellow Autopians posted here and they were not all that bad for what they paid for them. As stated, if TW offers very good to great car-care LSP characteristics at a reasonable price, isn`t that one of the goals and "Holy Grails" most Autopians are searching for in car-care products?
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1, felixthecat liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I remember the old TW hard shell wax that took a jack hammer to remove once it dried.

Post Thanks / Like

There was the rubbing compound that felt like sand mixed with spackling paste. I bought it to remove some scuff marks on a vehicle but quickly chickened out when I discovered it was a gritty paste.

My only real memory of an TW products was a car wash soap that was really hard to rinse off and left horrible water spots on glass, and their colored cleaner waxes. I picked up some of the green cleaner wax to use on my wife`s Jeep back in the late 90`s. It did an OK job hiding fine swirl marks, but anything bigger showed up as a pale/lime green mark against the dark green paint. Those issues and the durability of less than a month left me pretty disappointed.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I`d buy this to try it if I didn`t have a bottle of Max Wax sitting here unopened. Just for the pure joy of handwaxing my car with a pastewax.
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

On the ingredients it’s says 10 wax were used inside I didn’t even know there were 10 different waxes I only know of Nuba, montan, parrifin, bees wax anyone else know of these other types?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    On the ingredients it’s says 10 wax were used inside I didn’t even know there were 10 different waxes I only know of Nuba, montan, parrifin, bees wax anyone else know of these other types?
    (Ooh, ooh, I do, I do!!; as Captain Obvious raises his hand in the class)
    Let`s see, there is:
    Collinite wax
    Sviss wax
    P21S (and its supposed-twin S100) wax
    Zymol wax
    One Grand Blitz wax
    Pinnacle wax
    McKee`s 37 wax
    Dodo Juice wax
    Rubbish Boy`s wax
    Finish Kare wax
    WoWo`s wax
    Bilt Hammer wax
    Have I named 10 yet??

(Jeez, Captain Obvious, talk about a "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" post. Just a few post back you are praising them and now you are spoofing them. And you obviously (pun intended) flunked math class because you cannot count!! Just saying......)

AND, on a more serious note, did you notice in the attached link from Turtle Wax that they now offer an Acrylic Black polish and a spray wax for dark-pigment paint vehicles. A new wrinkle on their dye-colored waxes from long ago someone mentioned in a previous post in this thread.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lol Lonnie Not spoofing here I bought the wax I’m actually interested in that part more then sio2 and graphene.

Don’t make my Vikings come up there and slap around Arron Rogers again!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    ...Don’t make my Vikings come up there and slap around Arron Rogers again!
    Who`s "Arron" Rodgers?????????
    Let`s see who is slapping who:
    1) Last year @ US bank Stadium: Packers 43, Viqueens 34 (OK we lost at Lambeau 22-28; SLAP!)
    2) Number of starting quarterbacks in last 15 years: Packers 3 ,Viqueens 7
    3) Number of NFC North Division titles in last 10 years: Packers 6, Viqueens 2
    4) Number of NFL playoff appearances in last 10 years: Packers 8, Viqueens 5
    5) Last Super Bowl appearance: Packers 2011, Viqueens 1977 (Can you say "drought")
    (Side note: The Viqueens WOULD, not should, have gone to the Super Bowl in 2010 IF the New Orleans Saints had not seriously hobbled former-Packer great, then Viqueen QB Brett Farve in the NFC championship game in the infamous Saints "Bounty Hunter" scandal! ONLY time I actually rooted for the Viqueens. NO, I did not don Purple and Yellow; sacrilegious!)
    6) Number of Super Bowl wins: Packers 4, Viqueens 0

The Super Bowl Trophy is called the "Vince Lombardi Trophy", not the "Bud Grant Trophy".

Need I say more?! (OK, hypocrite Captain Obvious for keep this a detailing-centric forum!)
    GB detailer
    Likes William_Wallace, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

1. How long does Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax last?

The Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax lasts for 12 months, especially with proper maintenance.

2. How do I apply the Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax?

Our Hybrid Solutions Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax was designed to be very easy to work with, especially compared to most paste waxes. You can apply and buff off an entire car in less than 30 minutes.

You will of course want to start with a routine wash to lift any loose dirt and debris from the vehicle paint, in addition to using a product like 1 & Done Compound for paint correction. Once your vehicle is washed and dried, take your foam applicator or microfiber towel and dip into the paste wax. Remember here - a little product goes a long way, so be sure to apply in light layers! The product should go on like butter.

Apply the paste wax in a circular motion until you have covered the entire vehicle. To remove you will need two microfiber towels - The first towel is used for the initial wipe off and the second towel will buff the remainder of the product off to a streak free and high gloss shine!

Patent-pending Graphene infusion creates a TIGHTER WEB OF PROTECTION™ that prevents permanent staining and clear coat failure caused by harmful UV rays. It provides incredible gloss and shine, depth of color, slickness, water beading and repellency (to the point of beads WITHIN beads), chemical resistance, and heat dissipation for increased UV protection.

3. Which products can I combine the Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax with?

We recommend the Turtle Wax MAX Power Wash Shampoo and the Hybrid Solutions 1 & Done Polishing Compound for preparation of the surface, then a coat of the Ceramic + Graphene Paste Wax, and lastly, a layer of Hybrid Solutions Flex Wax for maintenance.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information