Post Thanks / Like

7 month update TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic

Hello all,

I know I`ve been gone a while - been going through a funk and I`m finally out of it.

Anyway, Monday, March 1st was 56* and I was finally able to properly wash the Camaro. I also just got a new jug of Meg`s Hyper wash for Christmas, so that`s what I used (1 - 2 oz per 5 gal water).

Cutting to the chase, when I got to the rinse, I discovered that not only was the hood/roof/trunk lid beading water (quite impressively too), but so was a good portion of the sides of the car (mainly the top 1/3). The only places NOT beading extremely well were the front end and the sides in the `spray zone.`

In my opinion (and that`s all it is) this is very impressive. Untouched for 7 months, with absolutely no maintenance, through salt/snow/slush and brine and the "low wear" areas of the car are still beading water IMO as well as some waxes do when they are first applied.

What was on the car? Well early on in the summer, I did the Polish & Wax followed by 2 applications of the Ceramic Spray Coating (minimum 12 hours apart). Then midway through the summer I put 2 applications of the Wet Wax on the paint (dry application). After that, I simply maintained it with the Wet Wax every wash as a drying aid. That was it and I didn`t touch the car after about mid-July because of the funk. I get the feeling though, that if I`d been able to wash the car and continued to use the Wet Wax during that period, the sides would still be beading water as well as the top surfaces are doing.

To finish off the wash, I used the Wet Wax as a drying aid and when I was done, the car looked like I had spent all day on it, not just an hour and a half washing it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post
    Dislikes re-tired disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 7 month update TW Hybrid Solutions Ceramic

Yep. Good stuff. The truck is getting the same steps this spring. I see no need to change. Mine has held up very well also.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Hello all,

I know I`ve been gone a while - been going through a funk and I`m finally out of it.

Anyway, Monday, March 1st was 56* and I was finally able to properly wash the Camaro. I also just got a new jug of Meg`s Hyper wash for Christmas, so that`s what I used (1 - 2 oz per 5 gal water).

Cutting to the chase, when I got to the rinse, I discovered that not only was the hood/roof/trunk lid beading water (quite impressively too), but so was a good portion of the sides of the car (mainly the top 1/3). The only places NOT beading extremely well were the front end and the sides in the `spray zone.`

In my opinion (and that`s all it is) this is very impressive. Untouched for 7 months, with absolutely no maintenance, through salt/snow/slush and brine and the "low wear" areas of the car are still beading water IMO as well as some waxes do when they are first applied.

What was on the car? Well early on in the summer, I did the Polish & Wax followed by 2 applications of the Ceramic Spray Coating (minimum 12 hours apart). Then midway through the summer I put 2 applications of the Wet Wax on the paint (dry application). After that, I simply maintained it with the Wet Wax every wash as a drying aid. That was it and I didn`t touch the car after about mid-July because of the funk. I get the feeling though, that if I`d been able to wash the car and continued to use the Wet Wax during that period, the sides would still be beading water as well as the top surfaces are doing.

To finish off the wash, I used the Wet Wax as a drying aid and when I was done, the car looked like I had spent all day on it, not just an hour and a half washing it.
    After you applied the Polish and Wax....did you wait to apply the Ceramic Spray Coating? Did you do any type of a panel wipe in between?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    After you applied the Polish and Wax....did you wait to apply the Ceramic Spray Coating? Did you do any type of a panel wipe in between?
    No panel wipe. In the Original Hybrid Solutions line, the Polish & Wax is a base layer, so there is no need to `prep` the panel after the P&W and before the Ceramic Spray Coating. I did wait for roughly 12 hours before applying the Coating over the P&W. I applied the Wet Wax like you would the Ceramic Spray, mist on / wipe in and buff off. I did that twice, then just maintained the car with the Wet Wax as a drying aid after each wash.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you are out of your funk! And thanks for the update!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

Glad your out of the funk and back on here. Glad the HS is holding up for you. Since you been gone The Mustang got wrecked so i joined the Camaro Club.

If you get a chance during next wash or rain, could we get a beading shot?

Car looks good. I 90% don’t miss owning a black car. That 10% where right after a wash or in the evening glow.... Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Stokdgs, Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I was going to try and get the Turtle Wax HS PRO lineup, with the bucket/pads/microfibers, but I stocked up on the HS Ceramic products right before going into my funk last summer. Now with seeing how well the HS Ceramic held up during the winter, I think I`m going to wait until I run out of the ceramics before trying the new Graphene PRO line. I think I have 2 bottles of the Ceramic Coating, 2 bottles of Wet Wax and a bottle of Ceramic quick detailer. So depending on how quick I go through these will decide when I try the new PRO line. I only have one bottle of the Polish & Wax, but you use SO LITTLE product, I don`t know that I`ll ever go through the whole bottle.

I use the Wet Wax after every wash and the Spray Ceramic once a month or so (typically) just to keep things well protected, so maybe by the middle/end of next summer I`ll get the graphene stuff.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Glad your out of the funk and back on here. Glad the HS is holding up for you. Since you been gone The Mustang got wrecked so i joined the Camaro Club.

If you get a chance during next wash or rain, could we get a beading shot?

Car looks good. I 90% don’t miss owning a black car. That 10% where right after a wash or in the evening glow.... Amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice choice of cars

I know black can be a pain, but the "trick" to black is to get the paint so smooth and glossy, that it`s easy to see through the layer of dust that accumulates 7/10ths of a second after drying the car off.

I suppose white can be fun too...polish it until is so blinding that you sear the retinas out of people can be amusing My mom had a 1992 Caprice that was white, and when I got done with it, you couldn`t look at it in direct sunlight.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Coatings=crack liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think the way they`ve angled the Pro line with the graphene is that it gives the best looks with easy maintenance. Seal N Shine is the most durable. Ceramic Pro is the all-around middle man. I saw a graphic on their site somewhere, but I`m unable to find it again.

Thread Information