Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryobi has a new DA polisher.

Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    The one YT review I watched he said he thought the battery would get in the way and hit the paint but it didn`t for him. I think the vertical orientation could make the balance feel weird though. Maybe HD has a demo unit out and I can take one of my batteries to see how it feels weight wise. I also want to see some reviews on battery life, Ryobi`s saying up to 2 hours with a 9ah but that sounds like a big stretch to me. If you don`t have Ryobi batteries the Dewalt 18v DA`s like $50 more, looks pretty damn nice to me. And it`s 15mm.
    Yep that Dewalt does look good, what changed my mind about it was the flat out high speed and people saying the variable trigger speeds are hard to differentiate between.
    Besides that I have Ryobi tools and batts. Sooo...
    (would prefer the Flex 150 cordless )

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Welcome back!.... been awhile.

... I`ve been up to no good Been running both my vehicles thru a Washing Machine for 7 months about.
    I`ll be taking some time off work then look them over with a Fenix light. One was coated 2 years ago, one has a crap load of PA products on him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interested in what you think of the Adams micro. Still debating if i need one and if so this and the Flex Pixies or the iBrid

I got a deal $227. for the kit. Dropping $400. or $600. will have to wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I like that batteries interchangeable but for price you can get a flex cordless DA and PXE for about $100 cheaper during an Autogeek polisher sale.....

Seriously? That site was in canadian money i would say. Shinemate 15mm cordless is about 365 USD.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    ????
    Hello everyone, been awhile. Things be Cray Cray !

It`s time to start getting back to some DETAILING !
    For the time being I`m going battery op. Thinking this should be a good place to start. Be here Friday.
    Micro polisher...I`m glad I waited, something caught my eye.
    Ryobi has a new DA polisher.-ryobipolisher.jpg
    Good to see you back and posting again Mary!
    Likes Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Seriously? That site was in canadian money i would say. Shinemate 15mm cordless is about 365 USD.
    You are right. Forgot Canada uses $ sign. Does not say CAD till cart. With shipping the Flex would be $65 more for the set plus about $70 more for tax which wouldnt have to be paid if ordering from Canada.

For 130-150 more i would still probable go with Flex. For myself. Separately the PXE is about same all in so the price difference is the DA 15mm (flex)

Did read that the Shinemate has a brushless motor. That’s definitely a good sign.

Likes noorth, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JSFM35X View Post
    I watched a video and it looked great, I am just concerned that the battery could hit the paint. It is kind of close.
    Thanks.. It should be in Friday, had to get the kit and will take some pics. Just got the Micro. Adam`s new set up, will take pics. too.

I`m a bit concerned about the battery, so I`ll most likely use the smaller ones I already have. Will def. watch out for the paint. Thanks.
    The one YT review I watched he said he thought the battery would get in the way and hit the paint but it didn`t for him. I think the vertical orientation could make the balance feel weird though. Maybe HD has a demo unit out and I can take one of my batteries to see how it feels weight wise. I also want to see some reviews on battery life, Ryobi`s saying up to 2 hours with a 9ah but that sounds like a big stretch to me. If you don`t have Ryobi batteries the Dewalt 18v DA`s like $50 more, looks pretty damn nice to me. And it`s 15mm.
    Just curious - Mary: What size / how many batteries do you have?

Every time I read about people talking about the cordless polishers and bumping them up to huge battery capacities, I can`t help but think about how that will affect the experience/weight balance of the machine. If I were in the cordless market, I`d want to run the smallest battery that maintains tool power. That way you`re not paying a huge weight penalty just to not kick a cord around.

Example - I fix cars for a living (Sorry - I think I`m supposed to self advertise as an "Automotive Technician"). For 98% of my impact needs, I`ve got a 3/8" M18 Milwaukee Fuel cordless impact. Takes off most wheels, does most of what I need it to do. Has been a better tool than the 3/8" Snap On electric it replaced.

Is it their newest highest spec one that nearly matches their 1/2" impact? Nope. Because: Weight. I also only run the 2.0aH batteries, because if I don`t need the capacity, I don`t feel the need to carry the weight around. So, it works out where most of the time it pulls off lug bolts just fine. The off times that it doesn`t, then I just switch to my pneumatic 1/2" impact to knock`m loose, then switch back to my lightweight cordless. The detailing equivalent would be grabbing your corded workhorse for that trouble spot, then returning to cordless when you`re back to smooth sailing.

I guess the big variable there with a cordless polisher would be if a smaller battery literally only lasted 20 minutes so you wouldn`t have time to cycle batteries on the charger (yes, I know for battery health you wouldn`t want to be dropping them back on the charger when they`re piping hot from the workout).

Other thought I had RE: battery/paint contact - while in a perfect world they`d never meet, could you apply some felt tape or something similar at the potential contact points as an insurance plan for just-in-case?
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You are right. Forgot Canada uses $ sign. Does not say CAD till cart. With shipping the Flex would be $65 more for the set plus about $70 more for tax which wouldnt have to be paid if ordering from Canada.

For 130-150 more i would still probable go with Flex. For myself. Separately the PXE is about same all in so the price difference is the DA 15mm (flex)

Did read that the Shinemate has a brushless motor. That’s definitely a good sign.

I looked at the adam`s machines after, yeah seems your spot on with that.

I find this detective stuff exciting.

geez wrong thread! I thought this was the post where you mentioned shinemate and maxshine are different producers! THC candy kicking in! lol

[/hijack]
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yep that Dewalt does look good, what changed my mind about it was the flat out high speed and people saying the variable trigger speeds are hard to differentiate between.
    Besides that I have Ryobi tools and batts. Sooo...
    (would prefer the Flex 150 cordless )
    Do you happen to remember where you read about the Dewalt`s speed thing? I`ve only seen 2 YT videos on it and neither mentioned anything about that. I was very interested in buying one in April but now it looks like I should do a bit more research.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you happen to remember where you read about the Dewalt`s speed thing? I`ve only seen 2 YT videos on it and neither mentioned anything about that. I was very interested in buying one in April but now it looks like I should do a bit more research.
    Hello,
    I watched the YT vid. where they review the best polishers, including the cordless ones. "23 Best car polisher shootout"
    I maybe wrong, but it sounded like high speed for cutting.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryobi has a new DA polisher.

OK I had a chance to look her over.
    Nice light, quiet machine. With rubber at all the touch points, bottom of battery, and resting nubs at top and bottom too.
    No trigger just a speed dial and the on/off switch is that safety slider.

Here`s some pics.
    The size is similar to the Torx10 and the GG9.
    I will be using a 2ah battery, which made the machine light enough to run one handed.

Ryobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo1.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo2.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo3.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo4.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo5.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo6.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo7.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo8.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo9.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo10.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo11.jpgRyobi has a new DA polisher.-ryo12.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thanks Oneheadlite, Coatings=crack, felixthecat thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting it’s tempting I like roybi tools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information