Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

SPTA Cordless Polisher

Hi Folk, has anyone here used the SPTA 15mm cordless polisher? I`m really inching for a cordless polisher. I have soft paint has well so i don`t need tons of power.

I`m currently trying to sell my G15, which i really like.

On the aliexpress site the price for 2 batteries, charger + polisher shipping included is only 261 canadian. About 205 USD.

The only thing that is turning me off is the speed settings. It has 3 speeds. Probably minor for a DIYers.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

In another thread Ryobi has released a new machine #PBF100B for a similar price without batteries. You can get batteries for Ryobi easily.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

There`s a post on the uk forums about that has well. I couldn`t find the machine, i will look again. Lots of options!

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s a writeup: https://www.protoolreviews.com/ryobi...lisher-pbf100/

If a person already has a few Ryobi tools with batteries and charger it might make sense. But buying two batteries and a charger separately will add up.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that polisher looks very powerful! Thanks! It is available in America. 7500 OPM? Thats the highest i ever seen i believe..

Post Thanks / Like

There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a spta polisher it’s not the long thrown type it’s a flex 3401 knock off. It runs fine best way to explain the machines... they are a little louder, have a vibration and have 20-30 less power than what they intend to counter fit. Has held up ok for the year I have it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I have a spta polisher it’s not the long thrown type it’s a flex 3401 knock off. It runs fine best way to explain the machines... they are a little louder, have a vibration and have 20-30 less power than what they intend to counter fit. Has held up ok for the year I have it
    I`m going to hold off. Besides flex these cordless polishers are pretty new. I think flex was the first but i could be wrong.

The shinemates look fantastic but there more expensive then the spta. Adams cordless longthrow looks horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`m going to hold off. Besides flex these cordless polishers are pretty new. I think flex was the first but i could be wrong.

The shinemates look fantastic but there more expensive then the spta. Adams cordless longthrow looks horrible.
    My brother has the cordless 15mm SPTA and I have the new cordless 15mm Shinemate. Last weekend he came over and we worked on his Rogue with these polishers. Both worked great the Shinemate had some more bells and whistles but SPTA did a nice job at a cheaper price.
    The mini SPTA cordless was awesome also.

My shinemate was an early Christmas present from my wife

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    My brother has the cordless 15mm SPTA and I have the new cordless 15mm Shinemate. Last weekend he came over and we worked on his Rogue with these polishers. Both worked great the Shinemate had some more bells and whistles but SPTA did a nice job at a cheaper price.
    The mini SPTA cordless was awesome also.

My shinemate was an early Christmas present from my wife
    I believe i read you post the samething on youtube has well or somewhere lol

I actually tried to order one off aliexpress lastnight but its a tricky site. They where only going to charge me 25 canadian to ship to canada too which seems to good to be true.

If i ordered from amazon it was considerably more.

In the end i followed through on my plan i thought of a few days ago, i ordered 5 oz of silver. lol I have got to stop with this car stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe i read you post the samething on youtube has well or somewhere lol

I actually tried to order one off aliexpress lastnight but its a tricky site. They where only going to charge me 25 canadian to ship to canada too which seems to good to be true.

If i ordered from amazon it was considerably more.

In the end i followed through on my plan i thought of a few days ago, i ordered 5 oz of silver. lol I have got to stop with this car stuff.
    Good Luck I have been trying to get the detail monkey off my back for awhile
    There’s a place in the brain for knowing what cannot be remembered.
    Thanks noorth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

First cordless I saw was a Milwaukee rotary. I`d say a year before the Flex came out with theirs.

I am pretty happy with my DeWalt 20v 15mm cordless. It helped that I already had a few batteries on hand and bought the bare tool. MUCH cheaper than going Flex.

I am planning on eventually getting the Flex C-Beast. I do prefer forced rotation, and I do like the Flex brand.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    First cordless I saw was a Milwaukee rotary. I`d say a year before the Flex came out with theirs.

I am pretty happy with my DeWalt 20v 15mm cordless. It helped that I already had a few batteries on hand and bought the bare tool. MUCH cheaper than going Flex.

I am planning on eventually getting the Flex C-Beast. I do prefer forced rotation, and I do like the Flex brand.
    While I don`t need a cordless DA, if Milwaukee ever comes out with one I`m gonna have a hard time not picking one up. I`ve had really good luck with all their cordless stuff I have. Plus I could get it from my Tool Truck guy at work - hey, gotta support the little guys, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Good Luck I have been trying to get the detail monkey off my back for awhile
    Lol me too. It good to know the SPTA is comparable to shinemates considering the glowing review Sandro gave the new cordless shinemates.

Responding to JustJesus, the dewalt looks great but its nearly double the SPTA. I`m not a professional i just like to polish a few cars a year. I don`t need any heavy correction work.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    Here`s a writeup: https://www.protoolreviews.com/ryobi...lisher-pbf100/

If a person already has a few Ryobi tools with batteries and charger it might make sense. But buying two batteries and a charger separately will add up.
    Depending on how good it is, even if you don`t have any Ryobi batteries it could still be a good deal. The Makita bare tool`s $419, The Dewalt`s $259, the Flex is I dunno tool only, but with 2 batteries it`s like $550. The Dewalt looks interesting, they have a kit with 2 5ah batteries for $450 which is a good deal. The Flex is nice, but pricey and there aren`t other Flex tools to use the batteries in. Ryobi has like a thousand 18v tools, I`m exaggerating but they have a lot and everything from lawn mowers to power washers to drain snakes.

Ryobi claims 2 hours of run time with a 9ah battery, which sounds too good to be true which I want to see somebody make a YT video testing. Even if it only gets 90 minutes that would be incredible. Ryobi has specials where you can get 2 4ah batteries for $99 from time to time.

If a person wants a cordless DA and has no investment in a battery system the Ryobi would be a good option. They also has a couple really nice 18v shop vacs, and overall their tools are pretty nice. Far better than a lot of people give them credit for. I`m going to order the Dewalt kit Monday, not invested in Dewalt batteries at all but $449 for a polisher, 2 5ah batteries and a charger`s great. The few reviews I`ve seen on it say it`s a nice machine. I saw a couple YT reviews for the Ryobi and it looks to be really solid too.

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post

Which pads are you using with it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information