Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Sure! Very excited, it does sound very smooth. The few reviews on YouTube are favorable. Miranda detailing said it is more powerful than the flex free spinning cordless DA and another guy said his mark III stalls easier than the SPTA! I will only be using it for light/medium polishing.
    V2 has a brushless motor. Lot of value in that package

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

You guys really think the freedom of not having a cord is worth a loss of power and increased weight? I`m always fighting with my hose but my power cord, nah.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The SPTA is not a heavy tool.

Cordless tools rock and it`s getting better.

It`s only $207 so it was an easy call for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You guys really think the freedom of not having a cord is worth a loss of power and increased weight? I`m always fighting with my hose but my power cord, nah.
    If there is a loss of power, it`s negligible. I really feel the DeWalt is VERY comparable to the G15. And while I didn`t quite take to using a long throw (G15) and preferred my flex forced rotation, once I got the DeWalt, I found myself using it a bit more. At least for the average job not requiring seriously heavy compounding.

No cord is good. I love it. Swapping batteries isn`t so bad.

But when i want serious correction power, The Beast comes out to play.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    If there is a loss of power, it`s negligible. I really feel the DeWalt is VERY comparable to the G15. And while I didn`t quite take to using a long throw (G15) and preferred my flex forced rotation, once I got the DeWalt, I found myself using it a bit more. At least for the average job not requiring seriously heavy compounding.

No cord is good. I love it. Swapping batteries isn`t so bad.

But when i want serious correction power, The Beast comes out to play.
    From my research the dewalt is a bit more powerful than the SPTA. The SPTA looks very nice though. Slim with a nice trigger lock and speed dial.

If the SPTA is even close to my G15 i will be stoked!
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Got the SPTA today guys. It`s very nice - looks solid and i love the color. Smooth. I will put it to some paint in a few days.

I don`t think you will regret buying it. The bag and pad brush is a very nice touch. The pads are decent too but i don`t need them.

Of course it`s not super refined the speed dial is not so good as my G15. The trigger lock is positioned better however for my hands.

The batteries look like excellent quality and they locked in solid.

All in all i think it`s better quality than the griots G8. If you have smaller hands you will love the handle portion/stock. Even with big hands i feel like thor with his hammer haha

One last thing the speed sticker wasn`t placed correctly but it was thankfully not fully stuck on so i put it where it was suppose to be, it is a budget machine lol I don`t care about stickers anyhow, i even removed them from my G15. I do it with a lot of products actually. Not just detailing.
    Likes Coatings=crack, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Just an afterthought, i was looking for the brushes when i first opened the box and i forgot it was brushless!

I honestly thought of you coatings HAHA.

It`s a nice machine man. But i recently saw a video with Todd from Rupes he basically confirmed Rupes will be coming out with more iBird machines IE bigger machines.

I am frankly very surprised by the new 3 inch iBird price, it`s reasonable for sure for hardcore hobbyists.

Now the new flex PXE extension attachment/wand is INSANE. Not that i have any use for it. I never even used my G8 last refresh on my car, just the G15.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I recently saw a video with Todd from Rupes he basically confirmed Rupes will be coming out with more iBird machines IE bigger machines.
    I`m very surprised that it took them this long. The first iBrid came out when, 5 or more years ago? I was sure it was going to be followed in short order by larger machines, basically obsoleting corded machines (as had already happened with "contractor" power tools). And I say that because one of the points they made at the demo I went to (unless I`m getting confused with another product--I`m thinking some Flex cordless tool that Mike Phillips demoed online) is that the charge time was faster than the run time on the battery, meaning you could recharge the battery in less time than it took to use the other one up. Coupled with the "iBrid"/hybrid capability to run the machine from the charger if you failed to recharge the (included) second battery, it was pretty compelling.

Now the new flex PXE extension attachment/wand is INSANE. Not that i have any use for it.
    You`re talking about the flexible cable attachment? Interesting, but a bit of a head-scratcher for me (speaking as someone who has had a foot pedal speed control for my corded Dremel since...longer than I want to mention.) It just looks awkward to use, but I guess I have the same complaint with my Dremel-like Milwaukee tool that has no easily-accessible speed control. I guess I`m spoiled by my foot pedal, but to me you really want a trigger control. But I guess this is the same argument with polishers that have an on-off switch vs. a speed trigger. I like the trigger, but I guess you get used to on-off, heck, I have two PC`s, and a Cyclo somewhere.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Good post!

Post Thanks / Like

I guess we will never know why Rupes took 5 years to release the next progression of iBirds. Probably a lot of factors.

Getting it right with the batteries instead of rushing to market for a quick buck, keeping the end costs down, the corded sales were still great, they had a huge backlog of corded 3inch units, they focused on other products and on and on..

If i`m still kicking when they release the 15mm lol I will be VERY interested. It will probably be a gem and looking at the new 3 inch it should come in at less than 750 easy.

When dewalt first came out with there real nice cordless drills they were more than that. Maybe 8 years ago - i was working in the alberta tarsands then and the dewalt cordless was like the new slice of bread at the time. For good reason and batteries are even better now. Maybe that`s why they ultimately waited. They are dependent on battery manufactures of course.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like it was spring 2016 when the Nano came out. I thought I had some pictures from the event I went to at Detailer`s Domain where they demo`d it but I guess not, I can`t find them.

Post Thanks / Like

You can find YouTube videos of SEMA 2016 where they show the iBrid Nano. So 2016 sounds about right.

Also in 2016, Milwaukee launched their M18 rotary polisher.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Supply chain issues have impacted all businesses. If you can`t get all the parts, you can`t release new models.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    Supply chain issues have impacted all businesses. If you can`t get all the parts, you can`t release new models.
    Well, they had 2017, 2018, and 2019 to bring out some new iBrid models before the supply chain issues started.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally tired the SPTA folks, it`s a capable polisher. Smooth. It works.

I ran it on speed 5, it has 7 gears. I wouldn`t say it so powerful as the G15 on 4.5 but it`s not far behind.

Cordless tools rock!
    Likes MisterSnoop liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information