Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26
  1. #16

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    860
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    I bought one after watching Miranda details video. I like it a lot. So much better not having the cord. I got mine from Amazon.

  2. #17
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    Which pads are you using with it?
    Been using the BOSS pads. Mostly the Yellow. That pad, on speed 4, makes for a smooth combo.

    Edit: there is no speed 4!!!
    Maybe it was 4500

  3. #18
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Likes noorth liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

  4. #19

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Nice machine. One big question is if dewalt will come out with a 3 inch cordless polisher if one were to go fully cordless.

    I`ve been using my first gen G15 the last few days. The cord is not a huge hassle. I`ve grown very fond of the g15 since using more thicker pads like rupes yellow and LC orange SDO. I like the pads better then the BOSS pads.

    I also have the new G8, The build quality isn`t so good has the first gen. G15 but on speed 5 the G8 is a little beast.

  5. #20

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    That looks niiiiiice, no words needed the video makes me want it even more. I was about a second away from ordering the kit, but I chatted with someone who had one and I realized I`ll need way more than 2 5ah batteries. They said it took 4 5 ah batteries to do a basic 1 step on their truck. Gotta find someone with it who`s uses it with a 9 or 12ah battery to see if either make it too heavy for comfortable extended use. I`d rather not have a dozen 5ah batteries if I could help it.

  6. #21
    JustJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    2,424
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    That looks niiiiiice, no words needed the video makes me want it even more. I was about a second away from ordering the kit, but I chatted with someone who had one and I realized I`ll need way more than 2 5ah batteries. They said it took 4 5 ah batteries to do a basic 1 step on their truck. Gotta find someone with it who`s uses it with a 9 or 12ah battery to see if either make it too heavy for comfortable extended use. I`d rather not have a dozen 5ah batteries if I could help it.
    FOUR ?!?!?! how big is the truck?!?!?!

    I`m using two 4ah batteries stamped 2014 (I bought in 2015) and one 3ah that was new.

    Seems to hold me over for basic one steps, but I will eventually get a 5ah battery or two

  7. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    76
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    FOUR ?!?!?! how big is the truck?!?!?!

    I`m using two 4ah batteries stamped 2014 (I bought in 2015) and one 3ah that was new.

    Seems to hold me over for basic one steps, but I will eventually get a 5ah battery or two
    This post make me laugh. Thanks

  8. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Riverside, CA
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    FOUR ?!?!?! how big is the truck?!?!?!

    I`m using two 4ah batteries stamped 2014 (I bought in 2015) and one 3ah that was new.

    Seems to hold me over for basic one steps, but I will eventually get a 5ah battery or two
    I didn`t read what the guy said to me apparently, he said he used used 2ah batteries. So I guess that`s not too bad. I might go with 9ah, so 3 should probably be sufficient for a basic 2 step.
    Likes noorth liked this post

  9. #24

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    This SPTA Polisher is just Random Orbit and not Forced Rotation like the flex, correct?

  10. #25
    Oneheadlite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Andover, MN
    Posts
    578
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by quebert View Post
    I didn`t read what the guy said to me apparently, he said he used used 2ah batteries. So I guess that`s not too bad. I might go with 9ah, so 3 should probably be sufficient for a basic 2 step.
    As long as power didn’t suffer, personally I’d rather rotate through smaller batteries than do it all on one huge one. Might as well lighten up the machine if you can.

  11. #26
    KBsToy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    West of the Burgh..
    Posts
    873
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: SPTA Cordless Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by jshillin View Post
    This SPTA Polisher is just Random Orbit and not Forced Rotation like the flex, correct?
    Yes .

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RBL Cordless D/A polisher
    By nothingface5384 in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-23-2016, 09:12 PM
  2. Cordless/Rechargable Polisher
    By justin30513 in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 06:43 PM
  3. Cordless Polisher
    By naturoses in forum Machine Polishing & Sanding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 03:47 PM
  4. Armor All Cordless Polisher Kit
    By spencer785 in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-01-2009, 09:27 AM
  5. is there any fine cordless polisher?
    By idwib in forum Car Detailing Product Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-11-2006, 09:01 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •