Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dawn Dish Soap Users Chime In!

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    -Armor All never hurt anhyting either, not even the old V1.0 stuff. Plenty of people here (including the MIA ScottWax) still use it for some things
    Where did ScottWax go? He used to be so helpful back in the day.
    2022 VW Atlas - White (FK1000P)
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 5.7L - Pretty Much Maroon
    (FK1000P)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FIDOAG14 View Post
    Where did ScottWax go? He used to be so helpful back in the day.
    I dunno, he and I fell out of touch..right after I sent him some M16 to try out (or was it some 476S? Gee, I`m not sure..been a while now).

Post Thanks / Like

I see Scott posting on Facebook. I’ll send him a message letting him know you guys mentioned him.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes Lone Wolf liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    I see Scott posting on Facebook. I’ll send him a message letting him know you guys mentioned him.
    Ah, good. I do miss out on some things with my avoidance of Social Media

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and Dawn is great for washing on hot sunny days if you want to avoid water spots. I literally soap the entire car down, then rinse and the water sheets up. No beading = no water spots.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like

Mr. Fermani:
    "Thank you" for contacting Scottwax. Tell him we Autopians miss his posts and detailing exploits here in this forum.
    Also thanks for the "Like" on Berry Theal`s epic post of his detail/restoration of the `87 Mercedes with the badly-faded paint.

Time for a thread hi-jack by Captain Obvious (What else in new!!):
    I recently washed my brother-in-law`s white Dodge Caravan Up Nort` at his place with Tide powder laundry soap. It`s what he gave me, since I did not have any of my vehicle washing supplies with me. I did find a bottle marked "Degreaser" in his stash, which turned out to be diluted 3:1 Meg`s D101 All-Purpose Cleaner I has given him many years ago in a re-purposed Spray Nine spray bottle and written upon with my hand-printing as such with a black Sharpie Permanent Marker. The box of soap was unopened, since he no longer uses powder soap for laundry purposes. Truth is, it foamed/sudsed up A LOT! Cleaned off the winter-long de-icing binder traffic film and dirt/sand and mid-spring bug splatter, but I think the Meg`s APC helped with that and the removal of road tar on the lower panels and fender wheel well lips. Would I use it again myself? NO! it`s not my first choice for a car-washing soap -substitute, BUT it did work. I was able to dry the van with an old, poor-quality microfiber drying towel I had given him to keep in his work truck to use if he ever went through a tunnel car wash to manually dry his windows of excess water left over after going through the blowers at the end of such a wash. It wasn`t great, but it was better than using old, cotton bath towels-rags on hand. He moved it back outside of his garage after it was moved in after the wash, as the garage was about to used by his many family members who have cottages nearby for a Memorial Day Weekend get-together. It was raining, so as anybody knows who comes Up Nort` in the upper Midwest, when it rains you move the party indoors and the garage was large enough to accommodate everyone, so the van sat out. It was COVERED in tree pollen by the end of the weekend, but at least the dirty winter-TRF and spring bug-splatter were removed and it looked white instead of grey-brown.
    GB detailer
    Likes David Fermani liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

+Back in the 1950s I worked for a gas station that also washed cars by hand. On real dirty cars we used Cheer laundry soap Back then I knew a few guys that used a cup of kerosene to a bucket of water to wash there cars. There cars always looked good , and you never seen any rust coming from the side mouldings.
    Likes David Fermani, Lonnie liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information