Thread: Ech2o dilution

Post Thanks / Like

Ech2o dilution

What is everyone using for dilution ratios for Ech2o? Ideally, I would like it to be used as a final wipe with some protection, but I`m really struggling at 20:1 with it being so thick, it almost seems like it isn`t mixing with the water when sprayed. I`m getting minor streaking in spots but they`re always where the thicker part of the spray is. I believe carpro recommended 10:1, but it was worse at that rate. I`m worried if I keep cutting it I`m just going to see a lesser performance from the product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ech2o dilution

Quote Originally Posted by top189h View Post
    What is everyone using for dilution ratios for Ech2o? Ideally, I would like it to be used as a final wipe with some protection, but I`m really struggling at 20:1 with it being so thick, it almost seems like it isn`t mixing with the water when sprayed. I`m getting minor streaking in spots but they`re always where the thicker part of the spray is. I believe carpro recommended 10:1, but it was worse at that rate. I`m worried if I keep cutting it I`m just going to see a lesser performance from the product.
    I use 1:20 as a thick, zesty WW. If you are using as only a final wipe and you care more about clean wipes than you do having that tiny bit of gloss and protection that 1:20 may give you, then I don’t see any reason why you can’t move down to 1:25 or 1:30. I personally would try these to make sure it still feels lubricated enough, and if so, roll with it. I don’t think I would try less diluted than 1:30 though out of fear that there’s not enough lubrication. But it’s your spray and your car, test some things out.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you using distilled water?

Post Thanks / Like

I do, I create my own for my reef tank so I use that for dilution too. As for my original statement, I guess I should have asked, does Ech2o at a 1:10 dilution even leave any sort of real protection for daily drivers? My test beds are limited, my trucks are rarely driven in the winter and garage kept. My daily had all of the clear coat coming off before I got it, I`ve tried a few things on it but the paint chalks so bad that no protection lasts a week.

Post Thanks / Like

I do, I create my own for my reef tank so I use that for dilution too. As for my original statement, I guess I should have asked, does Ech2o at a 1:10 dilution even leave any sort of real protection for daily drivers? My test beds are limited, my trucks are rarely driven in the winter and garage kept. My daily had all of the clear coat coming off before I got it, I`ve tried a few things on it but the paint chalks so bad that no protection lasts a week.
    Theirs some protection left but nothing stout. Designed more to add to an LSP, not be one. I use 20:1 and still streaks a little. I just final buff with an EE and takes care of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I dilute 1 oz to 10 water, I do 33 oz of this and add 3oz of gyeon cure

Never see any streaking issues personally but it does require a 2nd dry wipe

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I`ve ever seen 1:10 as a recommended ratio, but I do believe it has changed since the product was released. When I bought my bottle it listed 1:20 for QD/WW duty and they now seem to say 1:25. It works great for me at 1:20. When the weather is warm I can wipe on/wipe off off with no fuss. Colder weather might take a second buff off to get rid of any streaking if I put it on a little too heavy.

These are the ratio`s I`ve see and this comes from their US distribution source.

• 1 Liter makes up to 4 Gallons of Waterless Spray (1:15)
    • 1 Liter makes up to 6.5 Gallons of Quick Detailer (1:25)
    • 1 Liter makes up to 10.5 Gallons of Clay Lubricant (1:40)
    • 1 Liter makes up to 52 Gallons of Rinse-less Wash (1:200)
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised you find it thick at 1:20. I find it quite thin compared to using it as a watelerless wash with more EcH20 in the mixture as expected.

It does require follow up wipe. You may want to try using a spritz in your final wipe towel to keep it from hazing.

That is a tough ask for any product to hold up on clear coat failure. Don`t expect EcH20 to leave a lot of protection. At that dilution maybe a couple washes. It is designed more for gloss enhancement.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

I got the dilution from autogeek, it must be outdated. I bought this mainly for like express details in the winter time. I rely on hydro2 or something similar for warmer months, I had been using Meguiars 156 as my lap for these quick details but it was getting expensive as it`s rtu.

Post Thanks / Like

This is at least my fourth bottle. First one with the new label on it. They`ve all read the same for me.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. My bottle is older (2~3 years) and I don`t recall dilutions on it at all. I had to look them up on their website, which is where I got the info in my previous post.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Interesting. My bottle is older (2~3 years) and I don`t recall dilutions on it at all. I had to look them up on their website, which is where I got the info in my previous post.
    I bought the original bottle when they came out and it had the same ratios on it

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the label on the original bottle.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Thread Information