Post Thanks / Like

Is Diavolo out of business?

Does anyone know if Diavolo went out of business?

Long story short I bought a lot of stuff from them 5.5.20 and once I finally got it several months later, the mini 16v polisher came with no battery and I`m missing the actual necessary pieces to even connect the corded one to a rotary device or even my ibird. So I have a whole bunch of worthless stuff I was super excited for last summer.

Their phone number online/website is no longer valid. For a while I was completely inactive and now it is a total different company.

I have sent messages to them on IG FB and multiple emails with no luck.

I have been searching for the battery alone to purchase to no avail. Its sold on their website but I think you can guess my current level of trust with this company.

I figure I could buy the $30 nano adapter kit from somewhere else and hope it comes with my missing pieces to at least hook the long corded one to my ibird but that doesnt resve my battery issue.

I haven`t found anything about them being out of business but I want to believe that is the only logical explanation here, because they totally took me for almost $200 on lots of stuff I cant even use unless I develop gadget hands or something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Diavolo out of business?

DiavoloUSA.com appears to have a site up and ready to do business.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    DiavoloUSA.com appears to have a site up and ready to do business.
    That`s the site I bought everything from. Thy the phone number on there and you`ll find it`s no longer theirs.

They don`t reply to any social media or email. On their fb page the only comments you can see are what appear to be people who have been done wrong as well but those posts are from 2019.

I`ll admit I didn`t go and search their social media last May when I purchased as the website was active and appeared legitimate.

I had no issue with the several month delay on getting my order due to the times last year but I also didnt expect it to be missing literal key parts to operate the items purchased.

My credit card company had already passed the 90 day dispute a charge timeframes months before I even got my order.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot remember the owners name but he moved the company from AZ to MN last winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    I cannot remember the owners name but he moved the company from AZ to MN last winter.
    I remember that being his justification for the delay in shipping, but he was mentioning the move in the middle of the summer. I`m just wondering why he turned into a ghost.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that there is no physical mailing address or person to contact within their website is very suspect.
    IF the owner is in Minnesota as alleged, it is time to contact the Minnesota State Department of Commerce or its Department of Consumer Affairs and find out if they have even registered there. Chances are if not, they no longer exists or are in some type of financial or legal viability.
    Let us know what you find.
    By the way, their website is not secure according to my Norton virus software, just for your information.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    The fact that there is no physical mailing address or person to contact within their website is very suspect.
    IF the owner is in Minnesota as alleged, it is time to contact the Minnesota State Department of Commerce or its Department of Consumer Affairs and find out if they have even registered there. Chances are if not, they no longer exists or are in some type of financial or legal viability.
    Let us know what you find.
    By the way, their website is not secure according to my Norton virus software, just for your information.
    I would settle for finding that battery for sale but it looks like it is specific to their charger and I`m definitely not purchasing anything from their site again.

I`m not looking to enact any legal means as I do have 95% of what I bought. Ironically a battery powered device does not function minus the battery. Is Diavolo out of business?

And even the little cord attachment doesnt hook up to anything without the adapter.

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it the one that kinda looks like an ibrid? If so looks very similar to spta and Adams old micro polisher. They’ve both seem to been updated. Maybe Diavolo was making and now out of business?

Try looking up the adams old Micro swirl killer, if same see if Adams has any batteries they can sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 512detail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Is it the one that kinda looks like an ibrid? If so looks very similar to spta and Adams old micro polisher. They’ve both seem to been updated. Maybe Diavolo was making and now out of business?

Try looking up the adams old Micro swirl killer, if same see if Adams has any batteries they can sell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No it`s the other one

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Take the cover off the battery pak and google the part numbers on the batteries inside. A little soldering to take them apart and solder the new ones in.

Post Thanks / Like

Update...well I got a random text and vm friday afternoon from Diavolo acknowledging the issue (finally) and making it right. Today this box showed up with more than I needed from them but I`ll take it!

Much respect to them for finally making it right.

Brandt K.
    Likes Coatings=crack, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great to read you were taken care of!

Post Thanks / Like

So 512detail:
    I am trying to figure out WHY it took Diavolo 2 months to get around to sorting out your mini-buffer problems. I understand there IS this pandemic going on, but YOUR personal experience and posts about it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth about this buffer and the validity of the company itself.

My REAL question is, despise theses customer service problems, would you still recommend this particular mini-buffer for purchase by other Autopians?
    It LOOKS like a mini-buffer that will get used by you in a number of "intricate" and Obsessive-Compulsive-Detailing situations you face on the Mopars you detail.

Keep us informed.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    So 512detail:
    I am trying to figure out WHY it took Diavolo 2 months to get around to sorting out your mini-buffer problems. I understand there IS this pandemic going on, but YOUR personal experience and posts about it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth about this buffer and the validity of the company itself.

My REAL question is, despise theses customer service problems, would you still recommend this particular mini-buffer for purchase by other Autopians?
    It LOOKS like a mini-buffer that will get used by you in a number of "intricate" and Obsessive-Compulsive-Detailing situations you face on the Mopars you detail.

Keep us informed.
    Oh it took way more than 2 months. It took several to even get the package post purchase and I`ve been trying to get the missing pieces since last summer.

I plan to play with the tool this weekend. I need to polish my gloss black painted wheels and coat them with some leftover graphene coating.

I will post about my experience with the tool after I get some time put in with it.

As far as would I recommend the company, I mean honestly they apologized and made it right so I`m ok with them now. Sucks that it took so long but it`s in the past.

Brandt K.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 512detail View Post
    Update...well I got a random text and vm friday afternoon from Diavolo acknowledging the issue (finally) and making it right. Today this box showed up with more than I needed from them but I`ll take it!

Much respect to them for finally making it right.

I just got a similar setup from them, but after some headaches.
    I got an email advertising the 16V mini DA polisher for $99 and added the basic flex tool to use with my 16V mini rotary. I placed the order and got a USPS label email the same day. After about 3 weeks I sent an email about the order, and another a few weeks later. Also left a phone message, but no responses to them. I paid thru Paypal so I began the process of requesting a refund, and a day or so later got an email from someone at Parallax (the new owners). They apologized for the delay, shipped out my order (plus extra stuff), and it arrived a few days later.
    I like the new polisher and the flex tool was fun to play with, but did not like the order delay, and would say if you order from them use Paypal or another 3rd party processor for payment.

Thread Information