Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using Ethos Handcrafted Detailing Products?

When I read Guz`s trim restorer test thread, I noticed that he was using an Ethos Car Car product, Detox. Reference thread:
    2021 Trim Test

I looked at their web site, found this car-care product company was founded by Scott Cook of Adonis Detail. I had to look at their product SDS info to find an address and phone number.:
    Ethos Handcrafted Car Care
    2332 La Mirada Drive, Ste 400
    Vista CA 92081
    1-800-535-5053, if anyone is interested.

Have any other Autopians used any of their other products and what are your thoughts on their car-care products and company? I ask because there are car-care product companies that seem to slip under the radar and I don`t hear a lot about, but am interested in as a hobbyist looking for "alternative" product lines.
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs, William_Wallace liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anyone using Ethos Handcrafted Detailing Products?

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    When I read Guz`s trim restorer test thread, I noticed that he was using an Ethos Car Car product, Detox. Reference thread:
    2021 Trim Test

I looked at their web site, found this car-care product company was founded by Scott Cook of Adonis Detail. I had to look at their product SDS info to find an address and phone number.:
    Ethos Handcrafted Car Care
    2332 La Mirada Drive, Ste 400
    Vista CA 92081
    1-800-535-5053, if anyone is interested.

Have any other Autopians used any of their other products and what are your thoughts on their car-care products and company? I ask because there are car-care product companies that seem to slip under the radar and I don`t hear a lot about, but am interested in as a hobbyist looking for "alternative" product lines.
    I snatched up their Detox & Defy products to go along with their Graphene Coating that i used on the hood, roof and trunk of my daily driver. The Detox and Defy were nice to use, seemed effective for their stated purposes. Nothing earth-shattering but nice.

They came outta the gate a little overly-bombastic (IMO) when their graphene coating released in last Summer`s Graphene-A-Palooza madness but the products seem OK.

They seemed to have toned it down as of late. A guy i know (and respect) who does this stuff as a pro in VA seems to like their stuff for mid-level offerings.

Based on my limited experience with the small amount of their products i have used, probably slot them in near Adam`s overall; dunno why really, just a feeling.
    Likes Lonnie, Stokdgs, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Based on my limited experience with the small amount of their products i have used, probably slot them in near Adam`s overall; dunno why really, just a feeling.
    After looking at Adam’s site recently and that they have SSOOO many products with graphene, I was turned off, so I don’t necessarily take that as a compliment though Adam’s definitely has their fans. But that’s just my opinion based on limited exposure to their products but exposure to their marketing.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    After looking at Adam’s site recently and that they have SSOOO many products with graphene, I was turned off, so I don’t necessarily take that as a compliment though Adam’s definitely has their fans. But that’s just my opinion based on limited exposure to their products but exposure to their marketing.
    I guess i kinda look at Adam`s as a bit above consumer-level stuff but is marketed as upper-level `prosumer` stuff. Solid, but less than sensational.

Very limited exposure to using Adams, the line never `spoke to me` in any real way so lacking personal experience with much of Adams, that`s just my perception. I think they kinda `jumped the graphene shark` with their graphene tire dressing Anyone using Ethos Handcrafted Detailing Products?
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

BudgetPlan1:
    Thanks for the honest "review". I think most detailing hobbyist have products from multiple car-care manufacturers. Sometimes I look for that "one-hit wonder" (P&S Beadmaker comes to mind) in a product line or detailing task specialty products (Like Solution finishes for trim).
    For me it is still a value-based product, IE: a car-care product that delivers excellent results at a good price, at least to my hobbyist expectations for my and friends-and-family daily drivers that I detail on a regular basis.

As stated in my initial start of this topic, I am always looking for "alternative" car-care product manufactures who may not get a lot of attention; Ethos Handcrafted Car Care products being one of them, and I am sure other Autopians may have the same desire that I do; a quest for the "Holy Grail" of car-care products for a specific detailing task.

I`ve asked about a lot of different car-care manufactures [we know, Captain Obvious; the man of a million questions! Like WoWo`s, Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions, Colour-Lock Leather Care, Dr.Beasley`s, but not Koch Chemie (yet!)], but after all, that is what this forum is about and you will not know if you do not ask.
    GB detailer
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Adam’s Polishes was purchased by Recochem and an investment firm in 2020 and now they’re focused on growing revenues. Looks like they also purchased social media followers to improve their reach. So I know I won’t be purchasing any Adam’s products now.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    BudgetPlan1:
    Thanks for the honest "review". I think most detailing hobbyist have products from multiple car-care manufacturers. Sometimes I look for that "one-hit wonder" (P&S Beadmaker comes to mind) in a product line or detailing task specialty products (Like Solution finishes for trim).
    For me it is still a value-based product, IE: a car-care product that delivers excellent results at a good price, at least to my hobbyist expectations for my and friends-and-family daily drivers that I detail on a regular basis.

As stated in my initial start of this topic, I am always looking for "alternative" car-care product manufactures who may not get a lot of attention; Ethos Handcrafted Car Care products being one of them, and I am sure other Autopians may have the same desire that I do; a quest for the "Holy Grail" of car-care products for a specific detailing task.

I`ve asked about a lot of different car-care manufactures [we know, Captain Obvious; the man of a million questions! Like WoWo`s, Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions, Colour-Lock Leather Care, Dr.Beasley`s, but not Koch Chemie (yet!)], but after all, that is what this forum is about and you will not know if you do not ask.
    Have you ever looked at anything from The Gloss Shop? Kinda a smaller entity, made in the USA and Richard Wright (the guy behind it) is a nice, helpful guy...straight shooter for sure. Not an extensive product line but solid. Just ordered his recently released Titan coating, have enjoyed his coatings in the past and ressonable pricing.

I`ve got a couple bottles of his "Pink Soap" which really don`t apply to me as not a `pure` soap (Gloss Enhancers) and I`d be more than happy to send you one if you`d like to try it.

The Gloss Shop Pink Soap is a limited edition, hand crafted, small batch car wash. `Using the finest raw materials available, this pH neutral car wash safely cleans even the most delicate finishes and preserves your wax or paint sealant. `Pink Soap is sun friendly and will not spot or streak, soap rinses away with ease leaving no residue. `Biodegradable and eco friendly.`
    Unlike Ultra Body Wash, Pink Soap is packed with gloss enhancers!` Pink Soap is a super slick, super fun way to wash your ride.` Our formula creates a super slick barrier between your delicate paint and the wash mitt.` Simply add 1 ounce per gallon of water in a wash bucket or 1-2 ounces in your foam cannon to create luxurious, great smelling suds that last the duration of your wash.` ` ``
    *A portion of the sales will be donated to the American Cancer Society.

Color: Pink
    Scent: Vanilla Bubblegum
    `
    Directions:
    1. `Rinse away heavy mud, sand, and grime.
    2. ADD 1 ounce of Pink Soap per gallon of water. `Mix solution with a wash mitt or strong blast of water to activate suds.
    3. Wash vehicle starting at the top working down. `Rinse mitt as needed to release heavy grime or build up to avoid cross contamination.
    4. Rinse vehicle and dry with a high quality drying towel starting with glass.
    I too like stuff from somewhat `lesser known` mfgs, its just more fun for me. I don`t really detail regularily so cost not so much of a factor as i really don`t buy much anymore. Another one of the coatings I`m trying this winter is NV Nova Evo (Australian mfg i believe), not totally widespread but some good reviews.

Shoot me a PM if ya wanna try the Pink Soap and I`ll send it out tomorrow. Anyone using Ethos Handcrafted Detailing Products?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Adam’s Polishes was purchased by Recochem and an investment firm in 2020 and now they’re focused on growing revenues. Looks like they also purchased social media followers to improve their reach. So I know I won’t be purchasing any Adam’s products now.
    They`re (Adams) now under the same corporate umbrella as B & B Blending too i believe.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have been off Adams for a while but the good reviews on the graphene products got me to try the spray coating. In my recently premiture ending of my testing of ceramic lites it was tied with first in performance.

With price as a factor it would have been first. I know this didn’t take durability in to account.

Have read nothing but good about their standard graphene coating and detail spray.

Two Weird things tho their detail spray is more of just a topper as it is not designed for any type of contaminant removal.

Second is I would think if you were going to put graphene into a tire product why not a tire coating and not a tire dressing.

Anyways i will at some time give their detailer a try as i’m a topper type person. Maybe their coating too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Ethos does not want to say it but their coatings are part of the B&B blending umbrella just like Adams. Adams has always had B&B make their coatings. B&B makes their own in the Jade Ceramic line up. The Jade Quartz has been pretty impressive as a wheel coating.

I do have the Ethos Graphene coating on hand as well. When I had originally ordered the Ethos Graphene coating, i just ordered the bottle. They included a couple towels and Detox that I was not expecting. Maybe because I gave them flack for never coming through an staying true to their comment on one of my videos about them offering a sample and then deleting all of their comments from my video. AS far as Detox, it has a pleasant smell when it is first dispersed into the air. But then it hits you in the back of the throat. Best to use this in a well ventilated area or use a respirator of some sort. It takes a bit longer for it to flash off the surface. I am sticking to Eraser or Megs M122 for the time being for a panel wipe. If I need anything stronger I have Gtech Panel Wipe.

Their Defy has recently developed a cult following. It looks very similar to Adams CS3.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I too like stuff from somewhat `lesser known` mfgs, its just more fun for me. I don`t really detail regularily so cost not so much of a factor as i really don`t buy much anymore. Another one of the coatings I`m trying this winter is NV Nova Evo (Australian mfg i believe), not totally widespread but some good reviews.

Looking forward to this review. The LV stuff like great stuff.

The oddest little guy seller that makes coating is “Micro Detailer” the guy must have about 20 different coating he offers.
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post

The oddest little guy seller that makes coating is “Micro Detailer” the guy must have about 20 different coating he offers.
    Does some of the MicroDetailer stuff kinda sound like Kisho to you? The wet-towel-removal process of their top level product was the first thing i noticed.

I`m kinda on a `single layer` theme this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Ethos does not want to say it but their coatings are part of the B&B blending umbrella just like Adams. Adams has always had B&B make their coatings. B&B makes their own in the Jade Ceramic line up. The Jade Quartz has been pretty impressive as a wheel coating.

I do have the Ethos Graphene coating on hand as well. When I had originally ordered the Ethos Graphene coating, i just ordered the bottle. They included a couple towels and Detox that I was not expecting. Maybe because I gave them flack for never coming through an staying true to their comment on one of my videos about them offering a sample and then deleting all of their comments from my video. AS far as Detox, it has a pleasant smell when it is first dispersed into the air. But then it hits you in the back of the throat. Best to use this in a well ventilated area or use a respirator of some sort. It takes a bit longer for it to flash off the surface. I am sticking to Eraser or Megs M122 for the time being for a panel wipe. If I need anything stronger I have Gtech Panel Wipe.

Their Defy has recently developed a cult following. It looks very similar to Adams CS3.
    A little off topic but since it was mentioned here, are Jax Wax products made by B&B as well? There offerings seems similar to Adam’s.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    A little off topic but since it was mentioned here, are Jax Wax products made by B&B as well? There offerings seems similar to Adam’s.
    I don`t know about all of their products but the coatings sure look like it. The giveaway is the bottle. Interesting that they have a graphene infused shampoo. I am sure Adams will be introducing theirs soon as the graphene stuff looks very similar.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information