Post Thanks / Like

What about FK108AS ?

What about FK108AS ?-fk.jpg

Best Dashboard Dressing Ever. Anyone still using THIS?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What about FK108AS ?

We formulated this back in the early 90`s, using our premium PDMS dressing resin, just increased the resin percentage of 109 Kover Kote, then added the AS additive. Reality is the AS additive evaporates fairly quickly so do not expect it continue for more than a day or so in normal conditions.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes tonipieleanu liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ron Ketcham:
    What does the "AS" stand for as an additive, and what does it do for this product as a tire "top kote"?

WaxAddict:
    You wrote that this FK product is "the best dashboard dressing ever". I have used vinyl protectant on tires (Aerospace 303), but never tire dressing on an interior vinyl dashboard. Is it more rubber and vinyl dressing or is it more a tire rubber dresssing?

I can understand why you are asking if anyone still uses this. Finish-Kare has not really changed-up or "updated" their car-care product chemical formulas/composition, nor do we Autopians hear of new product offerings.
    That is not to imply they are "behind the times". Some "classic" (a politically-correct term for "older") car-care products still have their niche market and appeal, like FK Hi-Temp 1000P Wax. The question is, Who is that market and are they going to buy (new customers) or continue to buy ("experienced" detailers, like myself) these Finish-Kare products.

It is a two-edged sword. I can say that, personally, I hope Finish-Kare stays in business and continues to manufacture their car-car products for those customers who like and use their products. The reality is, if I do not personally BUY their products, that is all it is: a wish and a hope in sentimental hypocrisy. A very sad tale and truism of my car-care product-buying self.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

AS=anti static. It is an additive tp products. We received the patent for AS in car care and mold release products, however Floyd never chose to defend it.#108 appears to last longer than #109 as it contains a higher percentage of the expensive PDMS resin.

Likes tonipieleanu, Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie: Absolutely use this on all interior surfaces. I think FK did themselves a disservice by calling this "Tire Dressing". I think the "Top Kote" is meant to imply that it`s a regular dressing AND a tire dressing. It excels at, and look great, as an interior dressing. And speaking of "AS", regardless of this, my dash stays dust free much longer than 303 or Adams/GC VRP type things. Better looking than Perl IMO.

Ron: Are you affiliated with FK? They are the very definition of sleeper products with FK425, Accumulator Wax, and FK108. I also liked the AIO when I had a bottle. I bet we`d all love to see new developments out of there.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quit FK in 95, joined Automotive International. Floyd passed away, I think was in early 2000`s. His daughter sold the company to JJ of AllBrite. He maintained the mold release business and used production mainly for privatre label business. Also kept some of the Big White marine line active. He brought relatives over, to run the companies and understand he returned to India. Would not expect much in new products coming from the company.
    Likes WaxAddict, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks WaxAddict thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    ...[FK is]...the very definition of sleeper products with ... Accumulator Wax...
    Heh heh heh, looks like I`m getting my preferences across
    Likes WaxAddict, tom p., Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    Quit FK in 95, joined Automotive International. Floyd passed away, I think was in early 2000`s. His daughter sold the company to JJ of AllBrite. He maintained the mold release business and used production mainly for privatre label business. Also kept some of the Big White marine line active. He brought relatives over, to run the companies and understand he returned to India. Would not expect much in new products coming from the company.
    Thanks for the response Ron. Dang. But then again, if it`s not the Megs brother fighting for better products, new stuff would likely be boilerplate "decent" stuff like the WAY TOO MANY brands already out there. No need to live in the 90`s I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

I just finished my bottle of FK108. Hoping to get a re-fill for the holidays.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Lonnie: Absolutely use this on all interior surfaces. I think FK did themselves a disservice by calling this "Tire Dressing". I think the "Top Kote" is meant to imply that it`s a regular dressing AND a tire dressing. It excels at, and look great, as an interior dressing. And speaking of "AS", regardless of this, my dash stays dust free much longer than 303 or Adams/GC VRP type things. Better looking than Perl IMO.
    Aerospace 303 has long been my interior vinyl dressing/protectant of choice, but if what you say is true (and I highly respect your opinion and judgement), then I am using the "wrong" protectant.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Aerospace 303 has long been my interior vinyl dressing/protectant of choice, but if what you say is true (and I highly respect your opinion and judgement), then I am using the "wrong" protectant.
    Lonnie, the FK 108 will have more of a deep satin look than the 303 IMO, but it`s probably not worth buying any until you run out of the 303. I also like that the FK is a big 32 oz bottle for the price of some 16`s.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Thread Information