Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org
    Likes pologuy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New! TW HS PRO LINE.

Wow, I know I`ve slept through the whole Turtle Wax hybrid thing, but that`s pretty...wow.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting some pretty good reviews on YouTube.

Post Thanks / Like

If these are pro, how come they aren’t sold in large/gallon quantities? Marketing.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, RMD, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well, according to Brian (Apex Detail, first video above) the 1 & DONE is similar to 3D One - but the 1 & DONE finishes down better...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Wow, I know I`ve slept through the whole Turtle Wax hybrid thing, but that`s pretty...wow.
    Wasn`t it not too long ago Turtle Wax was thought of as "New! TW HS PRO LINE. Your Dads wax he used on the family Ford Country Squire wagon"?

How things change...good for them.
    Likes wannafbody, grob2740, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Wasn`t it not too long ago Turtle Wax was thought of as "New! TW HS PRO LINE. Your Dads wax he used on the family Ford Country Squire wagon"?

How things change...good for them.
    Yeah, very legit turnaround for TW starting with ICE being decent, spray wax being really good. Then HS Ceramic line that works well together for a good price. Now these, which are actually ahead of most other companies (the Ceramic Graphene liquid wax for sure). Maybe they hired an Autogeek member to oversee their quality and innovation lines??!?? Or just someone smart.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pologuy View Post
    Well, according to Brian (Apex Detail, first video above) the 1 & DONE is similar to 3D One - but the 1 & DONE finishes down better...
    Interesting....will have to watch his review of it. I`m a big fan of 3D One, so maybe I need to make some more room in the cabinet?
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny thing is, TW still has the "Father`s wax" stigma about it. It reminds me of Hyundai, and the Veloster N. Normally i wouldn`t consider hyundai to be a contender for a hot hatch, but the Veloster n just plain works. I`m willing to give it a try when I clear out some other compounds and polishes i have taking up space
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What Turtle Wax is missing is a good Hybrid Solutions Pro prep wash soap. Maybe if they mixed their subsidiary company Wax Shop`s Cherry Snow Foam Car Wash Soap with their consumer line Power MAX Wash Soap, that might fit the bill.
    (for proof of subsidiary claim, please see post #9 in thread:
    The Wax Shop Products Review

I have their Hybrid Solutions Ceramic line and bought and used it based on the reviews from other Autopians in this forum AND the fact is is over-the-counter and "less expensive" (AKA, cheap). Their wash soap is, MEH, but I guess that is the way a SiO2-maintenance soap is suppose to be.

When you add the word "Pro" to a product line, while it does give a certain aire of "being better" and appeals the "regular" consumer or shade-tree detailer, the question is "does it appeal to the high-end detailer?". It also gets Turtle Wax into a much bigger competing market of products that most "professional detailers" already use and are very familiar with because they give their customers the professional results these customers expect and pay for. It imply that the word "Pro" is a marketing gimmick is incorrect. To me it is a question of car-care product value; IE, are the detailing end-results worth the purchase price.

There are a lot of product developments and new offerings in graphene-based car-care products. Kudos to Turtle Wax for trying to enter this car-care marketing arena. My point is they have a lot of competition from well-established and reputable car-care manufacturers that Autopians, both professional and hobbyist, know and use already.
    (Edit: I said the SAME THING in the linked thread above, Post #3. Must be a Captain Obvious "thing"! CRS (Can`t Remember "Stuff")
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t know if I’ll switch to the polish because I still have plenty of Sonax left. However,based on ease of use and price point, I’ve been running with just Seal N Shine and Ice Spray Wax the past few months. Ordered both the spray and the liquid wax based off of my positive experience with their other products. I’m thinking I’ll do a light correction then liquid wax and top it with the spray. Maybe that’s redundant? I don’t know.

Post Thanks / Like

I am currently quite happy the standard HS line. I use the wet wax quite often after my washes to maintain the spray coating. I might try the flex wax come spring just to try it.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    What Turtle Wax is missing is a good Hybrid Solutions Pro prep wash soap. Maybe if they mixed their subsidiary company Wax Shop`s Cherry Snow Foam Car Wash Soap with their consumer line Power MAX Wash Soap, that might fit the bill.
    (for proof of subsidiary claim, please see post #9 in thread:
    The Wax Shop Products Review

I have their Hybrid Solutions Ceramic line and bought and used it based on the reviews from other Autopians in this forum AND the fact is is over-the-counter and "less expensive" (AKA, cheap). Their wash soap is, MEH, but I guess that is the way a SiO2-maintenance soap is suppose to be.

When you add the word "Pro" to a product line, while it does give a certain aire of "being better" and appeals the "regular" consumer or shade-tree detailer, the question is "does it appeal to the high-end detailer?". It also gets Turtle Wax into a much bigger competing market of products that most "professional detailers" already use and are very familiar with because they give their customers the professional results these customers expect and pay for. It imply that the word "Pro" is a marketing gimmick is incorrect. To me it is a question of car-care product value; IE, are the detailing end-results worth the purchase price.

There are a lot of product developments and new offerings in graphene-based car-care products. Kudos to Turtle Wax for trying to enter this car-care marketing arena. My point is they have a lot of competition from well-established and reputable car-care manufacturers that Autopians, both professional and hobbyist, know and use already.
    (Edit: I said the SAME THING in the linked thread above, Post #3. Must be a Captain Obvious "thing"! CRS (Can`t Remember "Stuff")

I didn`t know that TW`s subsidiary company was "The Wax Shop"....interesting...
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bought the spray and the max wax, arrived last week. They’ve arrived, but it’s also in the 20’s here in NJ and I have a detached garage with no heat. Not to derail, but if anyone has any suggestions as far as a space heater or something, I’ll give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Watching the turtle wax 180/turnaround was pretty neat. They have made some great decisions and gestures. They are also very. Maybe they have a few other gem in the line up that are affordable pretty tempting to try a few more product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information