Post Thanks / Like

Nanoskin products

Has anyone used their products, specifically their clay lube/sealants? I used nano shock and it was decent. I noticed they also have a "banana ice" and a product called "slick" that seem to be comparable. I`m really just looking to be lazy and want something with a little more protection than the nano shock offered. Side note, has anyone used their "super charger"? It looks like a killer deal on a really concentrated hydro2 type product.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nanoskin products

Their non-acid wheel cleaner is one of the best values out there. I don`t know their other products.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Yea, I love it, I had been using just soap and water for cleaner cars, and 3d orange degreaser and ironx if needed. I picked up a bottle of their cleaner and loved it. It does a half decent job with the tires which sometimes the orange degreaser needed 3-4 passes.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it`s the most cost-effective wheel cleaner I`ve purchased. It can legitimately be diluted and used at 4:1 (their recommended ratio). 1 gallon yields 5 gallons of great wheel cleaner.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been using the Nanoskin AutoScrub "FINE" Grade Wash Mitt with Carpro Immolube (diluted) with excellent decontamination results.

AMiracleDetailing.com
    YouTube - Facebook - Instagram
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used one of their Speedy Prep fine grade clay substitute pad and Glide as the lube a few years ago. Let`s just say the experience led me to go back to traditional clay and haven`t attempted to use a substitute since. I still bear the emotional scars.

Glide offered little/no lubrication at all no matter how heavily I applied it which led to horrible marring from the Speedy Prep pad. The pad was a whole different story... After a couple attempts and the pad becoming fused to the inside of the storage bag they provide, I chucked the pad and bottle of Glide is somewhere in a dark corner of my detailing cabinet.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you on the clay bar issue. The body shop I used to work at had clay mitts and towels. The wash bay guys would destroy cars with them. I ordered them new ones once and snatched one to try on glass before it got bad and I really didn`t see a benefit to make me replace my clay. I hoarded ricardo fine clay when it came out stateside, and other than that I use Meguiars red and blue.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with Merlin on this one. I have a CarPro PolyShave towel (the older blue one) and use it as part of a rinseless wash for cars I will be polishing - wash a section of the car, spray section with Immolube, decon with the PolyShave towel, wipe with fluffly waffle-weave towel (I have to use them for something!). Then dunk the towel in the wash bucket, and move to the next section.

When done I rinse it, then roll it up and put it back in the storage container it came in.

Post Thanks / Like

I appreciate the input, what I`m sort of looking for is something to clay and seal with at the same time, something that makes the paint look half decent. After not loving nanoskin shock, I started using Gary Dean`s iudj and juice boost, it worked good but the protection didn`t wow me for the price. Then I`ve resorted to using a rinseless wash as lube and hitting it with hydro2 or hydro blue. It takes a little extra work but I`m guessing this still may be the best way to go.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

You don`t want a clay lube to be too slippery or it won`t pick up stuff as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Their non-acid wheel cleaner is one of the best values out there. I don`t know their other products.
    Toms right I have seen a lot of ppl like it

Post Thanks / Like

I do like their AutoScrubs and had two discs (2nd one when the 1st sort of wore out after much use) and the fine/medium grade hand scrub things. forgot what they`re called.

YMMV on their Glide. It`s one of my top two for clay lube. Love it for clay substitutes, actually. And I don`t use regular clay much these days. I see some guys had different experiecnes. hehe.

I tried Nano Shock once or twice. It just sits there on the shelf. I`ll get rid of it eventually. Need to clean out stuff I`m not using.

Post Thanks / Like

I love their auto scrub products. I know some people won`t agree but I love the mitt (or I just use the pad). I wash like normal and then wash again with the mitt/pad. Save tons of time from clay barring. Results are awesome.

Second product that I love is the super charger. Dirt cheap sio2 product, not the best but spray on when car is wet and rinse off. A great shine, some protection, well worth the $6. It`s a no brainer.

I was thinking if they had a solid ceramic coating, I`d switch over completely to their products. The ease and affordability may make it worth the switch.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How long does the super charger last? I had been a hydro2 loyalist, but tried mckees and the Meguiars version and while the mckees was good, I think I`m going to switch back. Super charger was my other option just because of the cost. It says it dilutes 100:1 but I figured at even 25:1 it would still be a great deal.

Post Thanks / Like

I like hydro2 also. Super charger is not as good but costs a fraction of super charger especially if you buy the concentrated gallon. The gallon will last forever.

So for me cost wins. Supercharger doesn`t last that long but its a great spray to use with every wash.

Thread Information