Post Thanks / Like

not sure what I should do

I been using blackfire products and WFG products....and my white car looks good...been reading about Cquarts products and a lot of people seem to like it...not sure if I should switch...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: not sure what I should do

​Find something that you like and that works for you and use it often....
    Likes wannafbody, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating but then decided I didn’t want to take the time to put a long-term ceramic coating and would rather have something that lasts closer to a year so I can polish or otherwise address any issues with my car after a year. this fits the idea of finding something you like and using it often. I ended up deciding on a primer polish with SiO2 (base for ceramics), Gyeon Prep, and then Gyeon CanCoat in lieu of a ceramic coating. Then I’ll periodically use Gyeon Cure to give a little bit of a boost. With proper prep, many have said the simple CanCoat can last a year or more.

I did the primer polish today and plan to install CanCoat tomorrow. Some say it could be completed within 20-30 minutes but I’m sure it will take a little longer my first time.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Troy!
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology

Post Thanks / Like

If you do coating it will start a buyathon of ceramic products for testing and tinkering. If you can resist buying them stick what you got on hand not sure we’re you live but coating take a beating in winter maybe if you go that route do it in spring to see the peak hydrophobic for the first 4-6 months during spring and summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Coating lights are nice but for the effort i’d do a ragular coating that is easy to apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Are you no t happy with the Blackfire coating you already have on the car?

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I bought Blackfire Pro Ceramic Coating but then decided I didn’t want to take the time to put a long-term ceramic coating and would rather have something that lasts closer to a year so I can polish or otherwise address any issues with my car after a year. this fits the idea of finding something you like and using it often. I ended up deciding on a primer polish with SiO2 (base for ceramics), Gyeon Prep, and then Gyeon CanCoat in lieu of a ceramic coating. Then I’ll periodically use Gyeon Cure to give a little bit of a boost. With proper prep, many have said the simple CanCoat can last a year or more.

I did the primer polish today and plan to install CanCoat tomorrow. Some say it could be completed within 20-30 minutes but I’m sure it will take a little longer my first time.
    CanCoat is a ceramic coating. Just a different delivery system. Great stuff when paired with their Primer.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    ​Find something that you like and that works for you and use it often....
    Isn`t that a paraphrased quote attributed to now-AutoGeek trainer Mike Phillips?

That seems to be a REAL dilemma for many detailers: What products work best for a particular detailing task? One aspect is that by sticking with one particular car-care manufacturer is that you avoid the possibility of cross-product incompatibility (IE, one product does not work well with another product or may cause problems) OR that the one of their products in that line may not work well for a particular detailing task (like what was "complained" about with P&S Wheel Acid Cleaner in this forum). The other problem is they only specialize in one or two detailing tasks (Like Menzerna for compounds, polishes, and LSPs, but no brake dust cleaners or iron decontaminates). It is one of the reasons detailers usually have detailing products from multiple manufacturers.

There is no shame in changing "allegiance" from one car-care manufacturer to another, especially if it involves a better product at a cheaper price (IE, Value) or works much faster and better, but may be a little more expensive (IE efficiency).

To the Original Posted, I am sure you are looking for a more positive consensus and concurrence that Cquartz products are better than Blackfire`s or Wolfgang`s and would be a worth-while change for two reasons I mentioned above, but I am not qualified ( more like "useless", Captain Obvious!) in that respect to recommend that product change, since I have no experience with any of these manufacturer`s products.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Isn`t that a paraphrased quote attributed to now-AutoGeek trainer Mike Phillips?
    Yes.
    It is my expanded version of his statement that has been used by many people.

Post Thanks / Like

The quote was originally a comment made *to* Mike by a guy at, IIRC, PPG.

I`d amend it to "Find something you like and use it as often as you have to" since for me something I like means "something that won`t need used very often"

Thread Information