Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Car wash

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car wash

Hey everyone,
    been out of the loop for some time.

Of those soaps mentioned, which ones do NOT leave anything behind?
    I usually apply spray wax / quick detailer after a wash, so I am looking for a soap that only cleans and adds no wax / gloss enhancers or anything else.
    The soap I was using is 3D pink soap, but almost done with my gallon, so ready for something else

Post Thanks / Like

Pre foam/foam cannon:

Griots Foaming surface prep an Bilt Hamber Auto Foam.

Bucket wash:

Optimum carwash and Car Pros reset.

Will be probably going straight CPR or may try Hyperwash. Nothing wrong with OCW it is a great soap. Reset i think is the best for Coated Cars though.

My give the HW a try just to try something new and is well reviewed.

Maintenance wash: Mckees coating prep soap. Gets my coating squeaky clean and will remove traffic film to revive those “dead problem spots” Reset can’ t revive

Rinseless: Mckee’s 914 and Griots Brilliant shine rinseless (both have no protection added)

Waterless:

CarPros Ech20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Traditonal:

Adam`s Shampoo

CarPro Reset

P&S Pearl Auto Shampoo

Koch Chemie GSF

Rinsless:

Mckee’s 914

Optimum No rinse
    Thanks Bindytou thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I still use and love Meguiars Hyper Wash and CarPro Reset. Hyper Wash is my normal weekly wash and Reset is my Once a month. Price not being an issue Reset would most likely be my go to.

The P&S Pearl Auto Shampoo is also nice for the price. I have heard the Rag Co. suggest you can use this as a rinse-less as well but I wouldn`t suggest it.
    You just described my shelf of car shampoos. I think Pearl and HyperWash are very similar in almost every aspect. Both are very economical, even with the difference in dilution rate. At 85.00 a gallon, Reset just doesn`t get the call as often as the other two.

Post Thanks / Like

The absolutely best I’ve used is the Australia made paint pampering body shampoo from final inspection. Pain to get, but worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    The absolutely best I’ve used is the Australia made paint pampering body shampoo from final inspection. Pain to get, but worth it.
    Ah, another product line I`ve never heard of

How`re you defining "best" in this context?

Post Thanks / Like

Very little SLS, results in little foam, very slippery and cleans well, doesn’t leave anything behind.

Post Thanks / Like

Still cannot decide which soap to use or looking for more information/discussion? See this thread link on car-wash soaps from October 2018:
    Soaps : What`s your daily

Thanks to ALL you Autopians for your input on car wash soaps and specifying which car-wash method they apply to! Like I stated, chances are serious detailers have a variety of car-wash soaps in their arsenal depending on the method of washing.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered a gallon of reset and a gallon of optimum car wash.

Thanks to all who responded.

The optimum is a good wash and a great value. I’ll use it in the foam cannon and for regular washes. And the reset will be used every so often to keep the coating healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 01GreyStangGT View Post
    Adam`s Shampoo is my favorite right now. Optimum`s Car Wash is really good as well as CarPro Reset.
    How would you compare OCW to Adam’s? I currently use both Reset and Adam’s. Reset is great but significantly pricier to maintain 3 cars with using a foam canon. I find it cleans better than Adam’s if the car is quite dirty but for a coated/maintained car there’s not much difference. My jugs are almost out so I’m considering trying something new. I’ve tried most of the major soaps (domestic) out there except for OCW and Hyperwash. I’ve been trying to use up all my random gallon jugs before adding more to the cabinet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    I still use and love Meguiars Hyper Wash and CarPro Reset. Hyper Wash is my normal weekly wash and Reset is my Once a month. Price not being an issue Reset would most likely be my go to.
    Thanks to the fine folks here and on AG, I eventually settled on these two as my long term future; and mixing in WG SiO2 Coating Wash as needed.

BUT, I’m obsessively trying to use up my old bottles of polymer soaps since spring (on all panels without testing). Since April I’ve finished bottles of Four Star Professional Series, WG Auto Bathe, DP Coating Maintenance Wash, BF (old bottle) Car Wash, and a few washes away from finishing M37 Power Wash. So lots of variations this year.

Post Thanks / Like

For a non coated vehicle 3D Pink. Always gets the job done and at a great value.

Coated vehicles get either CarPro Reset or McKee`s Sio2 Auto Wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike lambert View Post
    Very little SLS, results in little foam, very slippery and cleans well, doesn’t leave anything behind.
    Sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS) is a surfactant that can have a variety of uses, but in cleaning products, it is often used to break water tension and attract dirt and grime away from the material it is intended to clean.
    Why is SLS so bad? SLS strips the skin of its natural oils which causes dry skin, irritation and allergic reactions. It can also be very irritating to the eyes. Inflammatory skin reactions include itchy skin and scalp, eczema and dermatitis.For some people, continuous use can trigger further reactions as SLS can penetrate the skin making it more vulnerable to the absorption of foreign irritants. Using these foaming products on your face can also cause the skin to become oilier as it overcompensates for the loss of natural skin oils that have been harshly stripped. (To my discredit, I cut-and-pasted the above information from the Internet because I did not know what SLS meant or is.)

So basically, SLS is viewed by some individuals and organizations (personal care product manufacturers and apparently, Final Inspection in Australia for their detailing products) as a "health risk".
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, I wear gloves when I Detail, never thought about my carwash shampoos irritating my skin...But anyhow..

Mike lambert- Thanks for explaining. I gather the absence of SLS factors into your preference significantly, differentiating it from many other shampoos, right? I`m guessing that you go through a *LOT* of shampoo compared to non-Pros (well, non-Pros other than Yours Truly as I use well over a pint/wash ) so for you to use something hard-to-get and pricey, well..gee!

Post Thanks / Like

I use JaxWax foam cannon soap it is very good.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information