Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are there any Pinnacle Souveran users still out there?

We need a Souveran coating with the same look as the wax. I`m certain it would cost a bundle!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hey, that really caught my attention! I used lots of PCL back in the day, but that was the older *and supposedly *MORE* aggressive version*, and it never did that (although P21s GEPC did on some really soft paint..so the PCL was milder than that by far).

Since I *assume* (uh-oh..) that you`ve tested that MF applicator I wonder what`s with the PCL to do that?!? I`d call the vendor, but then I guess I`m more surprised (and interested in what happened) than a lot of people would be. That stuff used to be about as close to functionally non-abrasive as, say....KAIO.
    I did not test it. Rookie mistake by me. I`m finding my Mustang`s black paint to be super soft. Because of this happening is why I started the foam applicator pad thread. I`ll do some more experimenting with the PCL for sure. I want to like it and use it Pinnacle products exclusively on this car.

Post Thanks / Like

Are there any Pinnacle Souveran users still out there?

Guess that`s what we`re wondering, whether the current Liquid has that same Signature Look that the Paste imparts.

As regulars here have heard a million times before, Souveran is the one LSP that my wife could spot *instantly* on her silver Audi. She knew with a glance whether I`d used that or something else (she preferred the Souveran but I tired of redoing it at every wash).
    No, Liquid Souveran doesn’t have the same signature look as Souveran Paste. It’s nice, but it’s polymer loaded and was made as more of an option for any colors including light metallics. More like your typical waxes. Whereas Paste I believe was developed specifically with loads of oils and avoidance of bright polymers to give darks the look that it does.

IMO, Liquid Souveran looks closer to Pinnacle Signature Series II (which I believe was also formulated for glossy looks on lighter colors).

Post Thanks / Like

General Lee- Ah, Mustang paint being soft...that`s new to me as I`ve always thought of Ford`s clear as being "Medium". But I really only know from Crown Vics...

I am really curious about what`s going on though, hope you figure out what`s causing that issue and have a chance to post back.

When I originally tried PCL, it was after Irene at TOL discussed it relative to Zymol`s HD Cleanse...saying that the PCL was *less* abrasive than the HDC, which is supposedly (never tried it myself..) functionally nonabrasive on most any modern autopaint (somebody please correct me if I`m wrong about that..).

acuRAS82- That`s kinda what I was expecting from the liquid version.

I`ll be the first to admit that it seems funny for my wife and me to *LOVE* the look of Souveran Paste on colors like white and silver, but we always did. We NEVER thought it muted the metallic or anything like that, not even close to the way 476S, let alone M26 does. It didn`t make them look "deeper than normal" or *anything* along those lines...funny, might just be eye-of-beholder.

Post Thanks / Like

General Lee- Ah, Mustang paint being soft...that`s new to me as I`ve always thought of Ford`s clear as being "Medium". But I really only know from Crown Vics...

I am really curious about what`s going on though, hope you figure out what`s causing that issue and have a chance to post back.
    Yea, its a 19` in shadow black. My first black car I`ve owned and good lord is it stressing me out. Seems like everything scratches it. I knew it would stress me out but I wanted that Bullitt edition mustang. Its not a daily driver so that helps, but I can`t put her away dirty when there is a chance she won`t be driven for a week or two at a time.

I have some foam pads on the way, found 2 different types from meguiars that I`m going to try. So more experimenting to come.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    Yea, its a 19` in shadow black. My first black car I`ve owned and good lord is it stressing me out. Seems like everything scratches it. I knew it would stress me out but I wanted that Bullitt edition mustang. Its not a daily driver so that helps, but I can`t put her away dirty when there is a chance she won`t be driven for a week or two at a time.

I have some foam pads on the way, found 2 different types from meguiars that I`m going to try. So more experimenting to come.
    I have a 16 in shadow black.... you’ll learn to live with it or sell it. It’s gonna get scratched, chipped.... you name it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I have a 16 in shadow black.... you’ll learn to live with it or sell it. It’s gonna get scratched, chipped.... you name it

What products have you found works for you? Or what do you like on it?

Post Thanks / Like

Agree. I`m now on my second, black daily driver. My advice is to enjoy the car, celebrate driving it, and don`t let it own you. It will get dirty, it might get a few scratches or swirls here and there, but that`s OK. It is a car, something meant to be driven outside in the world, not kept in a sterile environment like a museum piece. When stuff happens you correct it, enjoy the results and keep driving.

I`d worry more about not getting to drive it enough!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Agree. I`m now on my second, black daily driver. My advice is to enjoy the car, celebrate driving it, and don`t let it own you. It will get dirty, it might get a few scratches or swirls here and there, but that`s OK. It is a car, something meant to be driven outside in the world, not kept in a sterile environment like a museum piece. When stuff happens you correct it, enjoy the results and keep driving.

I`d worry more about not getting to drive it enough!
    Good advice. I need to adopt that philosophy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
    What products have you found works for you? Or what do you like on it?
    I really like the cquartz UK3 on it. Couldnt stop looking at it for weeks. Topped it with Gyeon Cancoat.

Use Polish angel Cosmic spritz mainly as the topper. Toss in some Kamikaze Overcoat, shine supply clutch and griots 3-1 from time to time.

Polished with Griots correcting cream and car pros essence.

Cosmic, griots 3-1 and Ammo frothe and hydrate for waterless washes are my 3 best in class products i won’t waiver from. All others ill try something new here and their

Likes General Lee liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I really like the cquartz UK3 on it. Couldnt stop looking at it for weeks. Topped it with Gyeon Cancoat.

Use Polish angel Cosmic spritz mainly as the topper. Toss in some Kamikaze Overcoat, shine supply clutch and griots 3-1 from time to time.

Polished with Griots correcting cream and car pros essence.

Cosmic, griots 3-1 and Ammo frothe and hydrate for waterless washes are my 3 best in class products i won’t waiver from. All others ill try something new here and their

It looks great

Post Thanks / Like

Huh, so the Shadow Black is unusually soft, huh? Interesting...I mean, yeah, black`s one of those colors that shows everything, but a black car that was also easily marred would be a deal-breaker for me, glad others can still enjoy `em.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information